Author Topic: Easy Question  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
Easy Question
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:57:34 pm »
i just want to know if its possible to become a MOD because I would actually enjoy being one ?
Obsessed With A Creature

JazzForLife

Re: Easy Question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:03:48 pm »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:15:50 pm »
*ninja'd*

Here is some information posted by Rak$ha : http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5660.0

The following applies to most forums run by a volunteer staff
Active users are more likely to be invited to become mods, because users who have been on a long time, know the rules well, help others, and are liked by the community are better respected by the other staff members and regular users. Trust is a key factor to becoming a mod as well. They need to trust you can handle the job, and aren't just being on your best behavior, and will end up slacking when you actually get the job.

I personally have an administration job from the Deviantart.com birthday account. It is a well respected group, and it requires my daily attention whether I want to be there or not. I have to deal with stupid people and jerks all the time, and it'll be the same ( probably worse) moderating this forum.

But to answer your question, yes it is possible, but you need the trust of the staff, and to do that you'll need to live on FH. Even then... I wouldn't strive for it. There are others ways to contribute to FH than a staff position anyway!

Also, weren't you going to leave FH anyways? That simple thread you made back then tells the staff you cannot commit. It'll take a long time to prove you can handle a mod position when you almost couldn't handle a simple member position.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:36 am »
*ninja'd*

Here is some information posted by Rak$ha : http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5660.0

The following applies to most forums run by a volunteer staff
Active users are more likely to be invited to become mods, because users who have been on a long time, know the rules well, help others, and are liked by the community are better respected by the other staff members and regular users. Trust is a key factor to becoming a mod as well. They need to trust you can handle the job, and aren't just being on your best behavior, and will end up slacking when you actually get the job.

I personally have an administration job from the Deviantart.com birthday account. It is a well respected group, and it requires my daily attention whether I want to be there or not. I have to deal with stupid people and jerks all the time, and it'll be the same ( probably worse) moderating this forum.

But to answer your question, yes it is possible, but you need the trust of the staff, and to do that you'll need to live on FH. Even then... I wouldn't strive for it. There are others ways to contribute to FH than a staff position anyway!

Also, weren't you going to leave FH anyways? That simple thread you made back then tells the staff you cannot commit. It'll take a long time to prove you can handle a mod position when you almost couldn't handle a simple member position.

Well written, well explained, well understood.

If you'd check in on the forum now and then I think you'd easily know that threads asking for how to become a mod isn't really that much wanted xD
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:32:17 am »
The mods have pretty good judgement when it comes to picking other mods, don't worry, either way you'll probably end up like everybody else.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:32 pm »
Locking old thread. Please pay attention to the date on a thread before you go about bumping an extremely old outdated and irrelevant topic please.