Author Topic: Arokai vs FeralHeart?  (Read 102904 times)

-Angel-

Re: Arokai vs FeralHeart?
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2011, 11:54:12 pm »
its fine

ur right, arokai may or may not become a huge heal. But i not sure if you realize this, but there are jillions of people in the world. Some know about fh, some dont. I see many new members of fh on a daily basis. i see tons of people on wolfquest also. to make my point clear, basicly what im saying is that wolfquest is a popular game and i see many people online there. i dont think wolfquest and feralheart have ever had problems with eachother. i dont think arokai and fh will either.

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2011, 01:26:04 am »
  I will not go with either sides, I choose my own path for now.But I spot a flaw when Arokai first comes out ; People will all join at once, and AK will end up like FH did on the first release.  [Maybe, unless they have a strong server]

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2011, 01:38:54 am »
Is there any difference between feral heart and arokai?
Signature by Green

-Angel-

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2011, 01:56:39 am »
yup

~*~*~Arokai~*~*~
-multiple animal species
-no map making
-no presets (at least i think so)
-no mesh making
-fantasy based
-has two sides [good/bad]

~*~*~FeralHeart~*~*~
-map making
-preset making
-mesh making
-realisticly based
-lions/wolves

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2011, 08:41:52 am »
 I think there are going to be presets, according to one of the people I know who's part of the team.

Offline Psychopomp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Everyone's favorite uncle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:54 pm »
Read the FAQ on their dA page.

It states that you will be able to upload presets and everyone can see it, much like how photobucket uploads a picture on the internet and such.

So there are going to be presets if they keep their word on that.

The thing is though, there's no point in truly compairing the two, since like I said before, it's like apples and oranges. Arokai is trying to be unique but everyone keeps compairing the two as if they're competing, truly some people know just about Arokai, others just know about Feral Heart.

But I guess it's kind of a "Call of Duty is better than Halo" kinda thing. Different content, diffrent opinions.
?? ???????�? ??
YouTube ? Steam ? Nexus
It gets better.

Game user: Psychopomp

Offline Sky Lily

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
    • View Profile
    • Sky Lily's Deviantart
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »
The way I see it, both games are games that encourage creativity and imagination, just in different ways.

FeralHeart gives you the freedom to make your own meshes, custom markings, presets, and even entire maps that could pertain to either realistic or fantasy design, and this is where it is a superior game to Arokai.  However, moderation of trouble-makers isn't all that great and people are repetitively exposed to some pretty obscene language, which may not affect some, but bother others.  Besides that, the game's top administrators, especially the game-maker himself, are incredibly hard to gain contact with, which has been a problem to many...

Arokai gives you the freedom of multiple marking-layers, which definitely is superior to FeralHeart where you'd have to make a preset from scratch just to have a tiger with scars.  It also has a variety of animals to choose from as well as planned items, such as armor.  However, the game having presets is skeptical, and map-making and mesh-making are entirely out of the question.  This means that there will be a bigger concentration of people within maps, which could be overwhelming for any mods...
MyCharacters
MyPresets
[url=http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1

Willowind

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:19 am »
When Arokai comes out...

I'll play FH or Terraria until it calms down o.o

Offline solitaryshade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Beware of the sky serpent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 01:03:23 am »
The way I see it, both games are games that encourage creativity and imagination, just in different ways.

FeralHeart gives you the freedom to make your own meshes, custom markings, presets, and even entire maps that could pertain to either realistic or fantasy design, and this is where it is a superior game to Arokai.  However, moderation of trouble-makers isn't all that great and people are repetitively exposed to some pretty obscene language, which may not affect some, but bother others.  Besides that, the game's top administrators, especially the game-maker himself, are incredibly hard to gain contact with, which has been a problem to many...

Arokai gives you the freedom of multiple marking-layers, which definitely is superior to FeralHeart where you'd have to make a preset from scratch just to have a tiger with scars.  It also has a variety of animals to choose from as well as planned items, such as armor.  However, the game having presets is skeptical, and map-making and mesh-making are entirely out of the question.  This means that there will be a bigger concentration of people within maps, which could be overwhelming for any mods...

This.

You deserve a cookie, my friend. -gives cookie to SkyLily- :3

Offline Sky Lily

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
    • View Profile
    • Sky Lily's Deviantart
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 05:14:37 am »
Why thank you, Shade ^^  As gratitude for the cookie I hand you a cupcake.

*shifts eyes before running under a table to eat said cookie safely*

Rofl, I was considering doing that too, Wildsoul xD  I'll probably spend the day designing characters instead of daring to venture into the maps.
MyCharacters
MyPresets
[url=http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1