Author Topic: Arokai vs FeralHeart?  (Read 102801 times)

-Angel-

Re: Arokai vs FeralHeart?
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2011, 03:12:10 am »
i personally dont think there will be any competition. I think that maybe kov an superfeesh have already talked to eachother, maybe this whole 'conflict' thing has been worked out. maybe they'll bothe even end up helping eachother out with graphics. ya never know

Offline Goon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
  • Free hugs? Spare a limb, maybe...?
    • View Profile
    • My Bloody deviantART
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28:09 am »
Yeah, we don't know, but personally I wouldn't rely on assumptions. If anything the Arokai team doesn't truly like the comparison of the two it seems, and they say they have nothing to do with each other at all. I really believe that.

They're a different team, too. If they did talk to Kovu, they would mention him, but they say they're a completely different team making the game all together. :U

I don't really see a conflict of anything, just the fact that Super and their team are making a game and people automatically wonder if it'll effect Feral Heart, which is natural. I doubt the two have anything against each other since they have nothing to do with each other xD

"I has a sad :["
"Asian hug of friendship! <3"

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:20 pm »
Yeah, there's no conflict. I think even the DA clubs are afilliates?

Offline Goon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My Bloody deviantART
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »
Hydreigon<3

Anyway there really isn't, and there's only really one real Arokai dA group that the team runs. Other than that I wouldn't trust the word of others that Kovu and Super are working together, if anything it's offending when you compair a game with another when that game is trying to be new and unique~

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »
8D it's one of my favourites from B/W

Yeah, it's like comparing apples with oranges XD

Offline Goon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My Bloody deviantART
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2011, 06:28:06 pm »
Same~

Exactly. xD Sure, they're both fruit, but one is its own thing and so is the other.

Offline Sky Lily

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
    • View Profile
    • Sky Lily's Deviantart
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »
I will play both still. Its like with WQ and the current IT.. players have a choice and some like the one or other game. Some like both or even all and are on all games every now and then. And so it will be with AK too.

Kov, however, we have to remember is one single person working on the game when arokai is a whole bunch of people.
And FH is not number 1 on Kovs agenda, so updates are rare and not big.

I'm fine with infrequent updates; I think it's mostly the "troubleshooting" issues such as glitches and online harassment that get on people's nerves.

I'm sure we understand if the real world takes first priority over a game for Kovu, but if that's the case, then I'd suggest that Kovu allow access to the game's coding to other responsible people.  First priority or not, those of us who play FeralHeart will need people who will be available to contact and report problems to so that these problems can be fixed.  Kovu is almost virtually inaccessible, and on top of that, the only person who can fix the problems, making things very frustrating to others.

If Kovu would allow some of the leading administrators or some set of trusted people to access to the game, things would be better.  Maybe not perfect, but better.  

While online games should never take first priority in someone's life, that's only even more reason to have a solid group of people who can keep the game running smoothly, instead of just one person who is virtually never around or available.

I think that, if FeralHeart had a more solid and stable system of people to rely on the way that Arokai does, there wouldn't be much worry about the game dying when Aro'Kai is released.

MyCharacters
MyPresets
[url=http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1

Offline Mearulez

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 07:01:35 pm »
Yeah, it just might be gone, but the FH souls will never be MISSED! c:<

Offline Goon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My Bloody deviantART
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 12:47:57 am »
If Kovu is concerned about Arokai "overthrowing" FH in any way, he should hire more staff. If he's not, then he probably wont. The fact that he doesn't have a large staff working on the game is completely urking, because things don't get done as well, fast, or efficiently, and it can be highly stressful on just one person really working on this game.

But I guess we have to remember the scars left from IT's hackings, but if that's the case, there's always time to get over it for the sake of the game, this way he doesn't have to be the only one working a game and it'll just be less of a problem for him, since his life can't revolve around it.

That's a good difference between Arokai and FeralHeart, Arokai has a good amount of people working on it at once, so things get done faster and nicely. :U

Yeah, it just might be gone, but the FH souls will never be MISSED! c:<
Wat.

Offline spottedmask

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:51 am »
I personally think, that like a lot of others have said, at first people will be all OMG!!! ARO'KAI IS OUT!! LET'S GO PLAY IT!!! Then after a week or two, it will simmer down and people will play on FH again. I'm personally gonna play both games, but I think I'll be on Aro'Kai more. Why? Because honestly, lately I haven't found any good rps in ages, and the one's i did find, one session of rping and then I never see them again. Then I spend the rest of my computer time wandering around my maps full of lonliness. I know that I shouldn't make assupmtions about AK, because it might not actually be that great, but maybe it IS. Not all of the things talked about by Feesh will be in the first version, but bit by bit more will be added, and it will become an awesome game like IT. And as some people have pointed out, since when have any of the Mods except Nala banished people because of swearing like they should, and most of the time, no mod is on anyway. And like people have also said, Kovu hasn't currently been in contact with us. Or as far as I know. Feesh and the rest of the AK team are working hard, and producing results. In fact, it's possible that the first version will be released this month, or around Christmas according to the poll on their DA page. I just have a feeling that AK will be better moderated, and more fun. at least for me. Whew. Sorry for the ranting peeps XD.