Author Topic: Arokai vs FeralHeart?  (Read 104071 times)

FoxfangPitbull

Re: Arokai vs FeralHeart?
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2012, 07:53:23 pm »
Just a reminder guys, but the "canine character creator" that has just been released on Aro'kai is just a "slice of the cake" of what the character creator's will be like. In other words, it's a demo and should not be treated as the finished product.

Can't wait to download that xx

Offline fieryflare

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2012, 10:18:06 pm »
Looks like it'll actually take a long time for Arokai to release though. If you read the readme file included with the wolf creator, the Arokai creator says:

"I have to admit that I completely halted development on this project for about a month and a half. I needed to take some time and reconsider my goals with this project, because it really is a time consuming project. I don't have the time that I used to anymore to work on this.

Because of my limited time, I am considering going open source with it and releasing this thing into the wild, while downsizing my goals. The thing is, I'm finding myself not caring about it as much as I used to. I'm actually happy with just creating this glorified character editor so that perhaps other talented individuals can take it and hopefully develop it into part of a larger, unified game of some kind."

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »
Looks like it'll actually take a long time for Arokai to release though. If you read the readme file included with the wolf creator, the Arokai creator says:

"I have to admit that I completely halted development on this project for about a month and a half. I needed to take some time and reconsider my goals with this project, because it really is a time consuming project. I don't have the time that I used to anymore to work on this.

Because of my limited time, I am considering going open source with it and releasing this thing into the wild, while downsizing my goals. The thing is, I'm finding myself not caring about it as much as I used to. I'm actually happy with just creating this glorified character editor so that perhaps other talented individuals can take it and hopefully develop it into part of a larger, unified game of some kind."

It's work in progress, and those words of Super are not written in stone. She may find some more time to work on it, we don't know, and neither does she. Let's hope that we won't have to wait too long before it arrives. The release of the "CCC" has seemed to have lifted people's spirits, along with mine, so I'm rather sure that it will come sooner than I once thought.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:15 am »
Yeah, I hope all the praise and such from the Canine Creator will spark up some motivation and such for her.
I think it'd be disasterous if Arokai went Open Source :C

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2012, 03:39:25 am »
does arokai actually have private maps????

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:47 am »
It's too early to say.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »
Early on last year it was said that Arokai will be "Seamless" and that there won't be any sort of map maker, so I highly doubt (even today, I still do) that there will ever be "private maps", because there's a high chance that there won't even be a 'map making' option.

As for the creator, it's a load of fun making markings. I'm literally addicted to making them now, especially since I just made Amaterasu markings for giggles. Seriously, I don't giggle hardly at all anymore. I laugh when I'm amused, or I smile. I don't giggle.

BUT I DID.

Ineedtogetawayfromit.

Offline Viinca

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • Icon by Ramine ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2012, 06:13:18 pm »
No, I asked not long ago and I was told that there won't be private maps, unless decided otherwise by Super, it's just one big world - one huge map. As for Arokai's release, I can't wait ^^ I do wish they'd give an approximate idea of when it could come, hopefully summer holidays? I have no clue, but the character release sure does give a lot of hope :3

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:08 pm »
I think the Summer Holidays is too early, but we cannot say for sure. Hopefully the basic design of Arokai will come out by the end of this year. :3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Viinca

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • Icon by Ramine ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
End of this year? Best Christmas present they could give us, really ^^ Nah, it's also possible that they'll give out a few goodies before, newer versions of the Character Creator maybe :3 Lookin' forward to it either way.