Poll

cool meshs

rak$ha
2 (20%)
red
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: cool meshs  (Read 7460 times)

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
cool meshs
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:27:55 pm »
name some cool mesh's i could make like building and stuff thanks for the help
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: cool meshs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »
Meshes to make? Um... A lamp, T.V., curtains,  UFO..? Really, any household items :)

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:09:51 am »
Do you mean Meshes like you can get in the Object maker, or Objects you want to make out of objects that are already there?

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »
im making meshes i have no new ideas so i was asking what i could make like i said i just made a cabin with a porch and log pile outside u go in there is a sofa and a table with a dog bad and dog bowls then u go upstairs and there is a bed with a set or draws a cabinet and some lamps and tables

Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:00:40 am »
I been playing with the object maker and textures and such, but I haven't been able to actually create a mesh-object like a lamp. What program are you using? I'm using blender, but I still really suck at making identifiable objects XD I need to get better at that before I start worrying about how to get them into the game... So far the best thing I have is...It looks like a sunflower. From the front. The back looks like it exploded. lmao :P

Hmmmmm ideas...

~ Chandeliers! For like palaces....I've been making palaces with the basicsquare mesh lol. Chandeliers are much trickier with only spheres, cones, rings, (yellow crystal textured) vines, and squares to work with... Heh, these will keep you busy.

~ Throne? Like a king/queen chair....ehe, then make a cushion for the royal pups >.> Might have some fun with virtual embroidery and tassels? Curtains?

~ Statues. Of.... Dogs, snakes, tigers, lions, dinosaurs, horses, warriors?
Perhaps you could make some stables - hay bales, stalls, wheelbarrows, water troughs, horses, chickens, cats...Dung! :P Don't ask how I go from statues to stables XD

~ Chariot! Wagon. Covered wagon!
~ Wicker baskets. Bahaha that'll keep you busy...
~ Fireplace. Poor man's fireplace, mud brick...Rich man's fireplace, shiny mantlepiece, chimneys...Lit/Unlit...smoke?
~ Brick wall, because you can! Haha, I have a stone texture for a brick wall XD and pink marble...
~ Couch. Nice and comfy.
~ Grandfather clock. Normal clock. Chinese-style GONG.
~  Shoes. lmao tooo many choices. Wedges, heels, clogs, sandals.... Dresses? Make someone's closet?
~ Book/books/bookshelf/Library!
~ Rock garden and/or bonsai tree, nice and twisted.
~ Frog. Lizard. Chameleon, iguana, bearded dragon, savannah monitor, T-Rex....yeah, those kindsa things...Not sure how good you are at anatomy. lol
~ The Golden Snitch XD
~ Dragon! Mermaid. Fish. Fishtank? Eel. Shark. Turtle. Unicorn...
~ Chain/shackles/iron barred window/door.
~ Forks, spoons, ladles, a pot/cooking skin to hang over the fire, a tripod to hang the pot from for an outdoor fire...
~ ummmm.... A shed. For storing things. Possibly a for smoking meat, storing food/tools, etc....
~ A blacksmiths forge would be interesting. You'd have to look up whatall goes in it though. XD
~ A loom...a spinner wheel for making thread...Spools...
~ horse harness/saddle/reigns to hang in the barn? Spare horse shoes, nails, farrier materials. Shovel...Broom...Hose? Water and feed buckets - feed bins! Feed bags...Grooming materials like curry combs and brushes and the metal combs used for mane pulling...Hoof picks...Saddle rack...
~ Neeeerrr ok my brains puttering out now. lol I like brainstorming like this XD I'll probably come back with more if something cool pops up.

The pictures are my chandelier...it's pretty simple but maybe something to spark an idea.

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:08:30 am »
The chandelier 'tis beautiful! And I wish I could make objects. I have blender, but I don't understand how python or the OGRE exporters work with it so... *A*

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 02:13:41 am »
Omg i think thats amazing and i KNOW i can make all of these things this will keep me very very busy omg thank you

Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 02:39:31 am »
THE GOLDEN SNITCH! OMFG. Thats a good ideaaaa.

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:17:26 am »
Ah!!! I saw a tutorial somewhere on deviantart! I shall find it! Tigerpython/Delayni person uses blender so they were talking about a converter...somewhere....The OGRE converter was something I considered minor until I could make game-worthy objects. XD

And the chandelier was made with all already-there objects in game. Kind of. I stumbled upon the files for colored crystals when I downloaded

http://www.mediafire.com/?ct0mdbz8j20ojc3

Which gave me the files - the colored glows and textures, the MATERIAL file documents...all I had to do was figure out how to put them together in the object maker. Which in turn taught me how to combine different tree barks/leaves with different tree shapes (an oak tree with sakura blossom leaves, a 'wooden' palm tree with a bark file where the leaf file should be, etc.) and then I started playing with adding new textures....The crystal files still get me a bit (it is SO fun to make normal-color rocks gleam like the crystals, but I have yet to successfully make my own custom colored crystal.) Errrrr I lose track of my point too easily. o.o

Oh! Yeah, the chandelier was made by a hanging Vine.mesh file with the YellowcrystalMat as the material file. Basic spheres and basic rings and basic cones are the rest. The glow is YellowcrystalGlowMat in the billboard.

If you want a (much) smaller map with the glows you can get this one I made
http://aleakim-selphorian.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3ljn75

Annnndd off to find the converter thing.

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 03:53:39 am »
Links!

http://tigerpython.deviantart.com/art/Meshes-for-FH-are-needet-201904664

=/ Did not find the one I wanted. But lol I found this!

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=printpage&topic=8475.0

The page is definitely not loading for me. I'll go find another computer and try it. o.o

Edit: The page did load. The text is black. Why this is, I am not sure. crtl+a works...lol It was also a rather confusing tutorial, but I'm still deciding to just not-bother with the converting yet. XD I'll get myself worked up and frustrated about it when the time comes - after I've gotten nice and settled and done pounding my head against the blender-wall. lol
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:00:22 am by Aedre »