Author Topic: How can I make my own mesh?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline FableTheWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How can I make my own mesh?
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:41 am »
Well, for this map i've been meaing to make I'm wondering if I can somehow make the Oak Tree black-barked. if I have to remesh it I will. But PLEASE someone help me with it! I'm tired of searching the forums and finding nothing that can help me.

And one more thing: is there any way that you can make lava? I've got a lava skin from an old map, but I don't know how to apply it

From a very frustrated and tired FableTheWolf, thank you very much for trying.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: How can I make my own mesh?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:56:52 am »
Yes, you can create a new texture to apply to the bark of the oak tree. I'll leave that for someone else to explain though, since I myself am not 100% sure xD

As for lava (custom water), My Custom water Tutorial

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline FableTheWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How can I make my own mesh?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:34 am »
XD XD XD YAY THANKS GUYS!!! *huggles*

And as for Connie over there...little simpler? I've changed the rockMats before, from rockMat to like, rockMat3 or something: that part I can do, and I know what needs to be changed (for the record NO leaves would work the best, but black ones would work too), because i've been screwing around with this stuff for a bit now: no result of course. I have a jpg in mind for use, but a step by step thing would probably make me understand a lil easier: I'm no noob to computers, so just a scale down would help :)

" I would say, copy it, the stuff listed below that. Maybe copy the material file and paste the copy of the listed stuff below the OakMat/Bark into that new material file that was a copy of the oakTree.material and change it to something simple like blackOakBark.  Now replace the texture oakBark.jpg in that list with (your file name of the texture you have made to be put on your tree)You DO have your own texture file right? "

:this was the part where I got a little lost. 'paste copy of stuff' is pretty vague for me, considering i've never done this before. I REALLY apprecite your help, like REALLY! :) thanks alot!
And by texture file, do you mean the .jpg set aside? If yes, then I have it ready.