Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34796 times)

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56:38 pm »
I don't really like that kind of RP but it's their choise. This is free and creative RP game, there isn't a rule that says you can't role play with both genders so people stop yelling.
~LIttleWolf~
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2013, 01:28:46 am »
I agree with all these posts completely. I myself always cross-gender rp, and I see nothing wrong with doing it.

I don't really like that kind of RP but it's their choise. This is free and creative RP game, there isn't a rule that says you can't role play with both genders so people stop yelling.
~LIttleWolf~

Thank you LittleWolf, for understanding :) Though i know i cant change the way people react, I wish they would see it like you do. Even if you don't like it, at least understand out choices. So again, thanks :3
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

Offline ForgiveMySins

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Derp. :u
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 08:58:05 pm »
I myself am a cross-gender roleplayer, too, and I've seen a few people get flamed for playing a character of the opposite gender. I used to have a really close roleplaying friend, whom I roleplayed with just about every day, and when they found out I was actually a girl in real life, they got extremely irate and blocked me. I just don't understand this? Why should it even matter what gender the person is if you can enjoy roleplaying with them?
And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, so baby don't feel no pain, just smile back

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 09:08:50 pm »
I myself am a cross-gender roleplayer, too, and I've seen a few people get flamed for playing a character of the opposite gender. I used to have a really close roleplaying friend, whom I roleplayed with just about every day, and when they found out I was actually a girl in real life, they got extremely irate and blocked me. I just don't understand this? Why should it even matter what gender the person is if you can enjoy roleplaying with them?
Awhh... I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, floof.
I think this happens because some people believe the characters you roleplay are a direct extension of yourself, with no variation. As if every character is your personal avatar, and therefore they might think you're leading some kind of creepy 'double life' by playing a character of a different gender.
That's my opinion, anyway.

However, that's simply not how roleplay works, in most cases... After all, we as roleplayers are just story-writers. And as I said before, real-life authors don't always write about themselves, or even characters of the same gender. RP works the same way.
But even if you're not crazy about cross-gender roleplay, I really don't think that's a viable reason to avoid/block anyone, let alone a friend.
*Shrug* Maybe she'll come around someday, but I wouldn't worry about it.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »

That's sad to hear, ForgiveMySins. I don't think your friend really understood what it means to be a roleplayer.

Awhh... I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, floof.
I think this happens because some people believe the characters you roleplay are a direct extension of yourself, with no variation. As if every character is your personal avatar, and therefore they might think you're leading some kind of creepy 'double life' by playing a character of a different gender.
That's my opinion, anyway.

However, that's simply not how roleplay works, in most cases... After all, we as roleplayers are just story-writers. And as I said before, real-life authors don't always write about themselves, or even characters of the same gender. RP works the same way.
But even if you're not crazy about cross-gender roleplay, I really don't think that's a viable reason to avoid/block anyone, let alone a friend.
*Shrug* Maybe she'll come around someday, but I wouldn't worry about it.

As I've always said before, roleplaying is like actors acting for a movie/TV show/theater production. They don't play as themselves when they get infront of that camera, or get on that stage. NO! They play as a character.
A really good actor or actress is like a chameleon. They put on different attires, accents, dialects, moods, personalities, and styles to protray different characters. Take Johnny Depp for example... look at all the different characters he has potrayed.

So as I've said before, roleplaying is like acting. You can get creative with your characters, give them all different personalities, and make them WHATEVER gender you want.
Inactive

Offline Nyancatgirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Haven't been online in ages...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2013, 03:18:30 am »
Now myself, is starting to cross-gender roleplay and I noticed something..There's really nothing wrong with it!It's actually quite fun! Even if you wanted to do that for mostly all your characters! If someone tells you that it's wrong and disgusting just block them because they are the ones who are wrong.
????
???

Keep in touch on instagram(@neh.cole) incase you knew me as Nyancatgirl

Offline LookingForAStar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Life is an amazing and complex thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2013, 12:10:59 am »
Nothing wrong with cross gender RPer's. I'm one myself. People do it all the time and its okay. So just ignore people when they get mad. :3

Offline Blackiebelle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2013, 06:03:24 am »
I'm a cross gender Rper and I've never meet anyone who had a problem with it.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:04 am »
I'm a cross gender breeder myself and I make more males than I do females. I'm not really sure if that has anything to do with my tomboyish personality but I will truly never understand why people flame others because they cross gender.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

EnderStar

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »
Actually now, I mostly have male characters. Everyone thinks I'm male and the age of seventeen to twenty eight so... Why not?