Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142513 times)

ZombieKitteh

Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2013, 04:39:07 pm »
Wait...so...so...Fae and Brute aren't real words used to describe female and male wolves? e-e

I've been lied to all these years.

S**t.

So then what are some real words used to say female and male wolf?

I want to become an author one day, I can't be using made up words!

Well there really aren't too many words you could really say aside from the obvious ones.

Guy, fellow, gentlemen, etc.. Most would sound odd if writing about animals though.

Offline princessponies

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
i was laughing as i read this.
This does not make these people literate. It pretty much makes them illiterate. Very counter-productive if you ask me.
And don't even ask how many times i've seen horses going:
"The mare swished her banner, flicking her ears as her deep orbs scanned the area. Her cranium lowered to reach a fern bush below, the femme's hooves simultaneous scuffing at the earth."
:l
how are people even suppose to understand that.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »
Here is what I am understanding from all these shenanigans, and how it is contradicting what FH is supposed to be about.

Exibit A: The message the FH was supposed to express was, soemthing we call, 'Creativity', and the thing they were saying, (Not actually said, but you get my point) Was supposed to be this: We love you all to express creativity, and we love the way you are creative, ect.

Exibit B: Here is what people are actually saying: We love for you to express your creativity so we can judge you and bring you down and Scorn it to bits and say rude comments.

Exibit C: This is the other people are saying: We LOVE for you to express creativity we APPROVE OF, Nothing else :3

WolfSpeak is just a different way of communication, used by other people, if you don't like it, Good for you! If you call some one an antagonist or some other rude name for defending it, well then, we now know what you think of different creativity peoples.

Thank you for Your Time,
~Warrior

(And so you know, this is a kinder way of putting it, my friends have said different things but it all led back to here)

Note: I am no longer going to LISTEN TO THIS!  I do NOT use WolfSpeak, I am only sayign that  you don't need to judge some one for what they type out, or the fact they use wolfspeak.  I. Am. Not. Backing. Down. Nor. Will. I. Bow.  Good Day.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:20:41 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline DarkWolfStar12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:08 am »
mother...of..god........

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2013, 12:31:55 pm »
Here is what I am understanding from all these shenanigans, and how it is contradicting what FH is supposed to be about.

Exibit A: The message the FH was supposed to express was, soemthing we call, 'Creativity', and the thing they were saying, (Not actually said, but you get my point) Was supposed to be this: We love you all to express creativity, and we love the way you are creative, ect.

Exibit B: Here is what people are actually saying: We love for you to express your creativity so we can judge you and bring you down and Scorn it to bits and say rude comments.

Exibit C: This is the other people are saying: We LOVE for you to express creativity we APPROVE OF, Nothing else :3

WolfSpeak is just a different way of communication, used by other people, if you don't like it, Good for you! If you call some one an antagonist or some other rude name for defending it, well then, we now know what you think of different creativity peoples.

Thank you for Your Time,
~Warrior

(And so you know, this is a kinder way of putting it, my friends have said different things but it all led back to here)

Most people don't even class it even remotely /close/ to creativity. Its not creativity. Its incorrect, and that's that.

According to your logic, I could be enrolled in a creative writing english class and do a project/story/report filled with these "fake" words and end up with a high score. No. It does not work like that. Your professor would stare at you like you have horns on your head and/or mark your paper as a failure, due to all of the mistakes. Yes, the english language is a little malleable but its not /that/ malleable.

Ever notice that it takes a good chunk of the population to use a "non-existant" (although some "non-existant" words were finally added like "aint" for example. Think about how long that took.) word before they'll put it in the dictionary? Just because I alone might go around saying "woozlefoozle" is the word for "idiot," unless it catches on with the entire population and EVERYONE starts using it in that context....its not a real word....and it's still incorrect. Not creative. Incorrect.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:35:26 pm by Silhouette »

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2013, 07:08:21 am »
All animosity aside, I found a new one for head: Skullage. All it is is an album some heavy metal band put out.
I've also seen 'lumaries' for 'eyelids', which... Is not even a word. For anything.
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:04 am »
I've also seen 'lumaries' for 'eyelids', which... Is not even a word. For anything.

Why would someone need another word for "eyelids" in the first place...

No; why even MENTION eyelids? XD

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Goldberry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2013, 02:14:46 pm »
-dieing- THIS. JUST IS. THIS IS.....JUST.....I CAN'T -bursts out laughing- Sorry, I just -LOL- i am not laughing at you -lol- wolfspeakers..._lol- THIS IS. -lol- Okay i am -lol- THIS JUST MAKES. NO SENSE -lol- BUT IT'S SO...FUNNY..Had to do that. But seriously. Wolfspeak makes no sense. But i can always laugh at it. -sigh- I can always laugh at stupid things.

Offline GameJester

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2013, 03:39:39 am »
Wait...so...so...Fae and Brute aren't real words used to describe female and male wolves? e-e

I've been lied to all these years.

S**t.

So then what are some real words used to say female and male wolf?

I want to become an author one day, I can't be using made up words!

I know this comment is a little old, but I believe the term for a male wolf is "dog", though you could use "wolf" I believe. The term for a female wolf begins with a "b", and is considered extremely rude. Thus, I shall err on the side of caution, and not type it out here. An equally valid term for a female wolf is "she-wolf". I did a quick Google search some time ago when I had the same question, and this is what repeatedly came up.

As for  my opinion on wolf-speak, the only problems I have with it is that it can be quite confusing. Though, to be fair one can use their noggin to find the connection between some wolf-speak terms (it's not too hard to figure out that "banner" is the term for "tail" for example), and one can use context clues as well. Still fairly confusing, though. For the longest time I was wondering why all of the she-wolves I ran into were fairy wolves, and all the dogs were non-fairies.

All and all, I believe I have more of a problem with those wolf-speakers who look down on those who do not use wolf speak.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »
Hah, wow thanks for this. I remember using this-- what? 1 or 2 years ago?

NEVER AGAIN.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?