Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29174 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:32 am »
yep, godmodders can be annoying.
basically i avoid fighting to the fullest fearing the same thing.
i only fight once or twice with my teen lion as its natural for them, but kinda always walk away wounded and beaten... and with my demon wolf i simply dont fight. all demons are godmodders in a way, and they wont give up no matter what.. the fights could last till eternity. So i avoid it no matter what.
As for fights:
did you guys notice the huge amount of dogs and wolves "scratching" with claws? When i hear such, i always tell them: dude... youre a dog/wolf... dont scratch or claw... thats something felines do.
Canines dont even have sharp claws to fight with.

no, trust me, they can scratch, their claws aren't blunt at all. It shouldn't be a main weapon, but it HURTS.

As Motoko said, dogs claws aren't blunt... I've had enough scratches from MY dog to know that, and how much it hurts... It wouldn't kill you, and it doesn't really draw blood, but GOD does it hurt.
I still got a scar on my knee from my dog drawing a lot of blood >.> i never tried to dress him up again when i was 7
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2011, 12:43:23 am »
i only fight once or twice with my teen lion as its natural for them, but kinda always walk away wounded and beaten... and with my demon wolf i simply dont fight. all demons are godmodders in a way, and they wont give up no matter what.. the fights could last till eternity. So i avoid it no matter what.
As for fights:
did you guys notice the huge amount of dogs and wolves "scratching" with claws? When i hear such, i always tell them: dude... youre a dog/wolf... dont scratch or claw... thats something felines do.

no, trust me, they can scratch, their claws aren't blunt at all. It shouldn't be a main weapon, but it HURTS.

As Motoko said, dogs claws aren't blunt... I've had enough scratches from MY dog to know that, and how much it hurts... It wouldn't kill you, and it doesn't really draw blood, but GOD does it hurt.

ASDF EXACTLY. oh god.
dog is liek
*jump on sdfghjkl;foij omgiloveyou*
THE ONLY THING YOU GET FROM THAT IS /PAIN/
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline SILVERFANG154

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2011, 06:37:53 am »
XD haha I've got loads of scratches and scars from my dogs but the worst ones are from my cousins Pitch black German Shepard puppy WOW does he like to play XD he jumps and bites and scratches and it kills lawls You get used to it after some time though
Who goes crazy because they can see ghosts?
Who gets laughed at cause they talk to ghosts?
Who gets sick of everyones Bullshit?

THE NECROMANCERS THATS WHO!

Offline Foreverwolf98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Foreverwolf98 In Game!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART-BurritoCreeper
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2011, 06:59:47 am »
Yes i fully agree its annoying VERY annoying i was drug into one one time on another site all moves where dodged by BOTH people it was annoying. I just acted like i was away and stood there still so they would think im gone or something.
My icon is made and drawn by myself, I have no interest in stealing anything from anyone.
Hello, when I first joined I wasn't such an outgoing person, but now I am. So feel free to talk if you ever see me on FeralHeart, I'd love to chat with someone to pass the time away.
Thank You~

Offline Frostpaw860

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Professional Dork
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2011, 05:43:14 pm »
I find this very annoying at times to. If there happens to be a rp fight I mostly stay out of it. I usually just watch, or just go away. I do see why no one likes the godmodding and such. Like some said, a grid or some sort would help.

.|.For The Team.|.
.::Only active on the Forums::.

Offline Kenta Uzumaki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Slytherin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2011, 05:01:20 am »
I try to stay out of RP fights unless its with my friends. Rp fighting to me it pointless. I like actually doing the damage and seeing it, like in PvP. I saw one today, seeing I was a Poison Dragon agenced a shark. The dumb shark was like "immune to poison" and "cant die" Let me just say, that person need to go back to school and get something Smart in his empty head.
Hi, I am Kenta Volkov. My name is Still Kenta Uzumaki on here....Oh well.

Offline SILVERFANG154

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2011, 03:45:03 am »
XD haha I'm usually in the fight or I watch it and advertise it on general and loooads of people come and watch the fight lawls they have no sense of shame and neither do i XD
Who goes crazy because they can see ghosts?
Who gets laughed at cause they talk to ghosts?
Who gets sick of everyones Bullshit?

THE NECROMANCERS THATS WHO!

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2011, 09:29:00 pm »
As for fights:

sorry for answering this late, but i got laptop problems.
Anyway.
If youre not interested in educational stuff, dont bother reading...

dog/wolf claws dont really hurt. Their claws arent weapons at all. never seen a dog or wolf fight with its claws, or trying to scratch the opponent. they only bite, and use their bodyweight to pull down the opponent. The claws arent made for fight. its sole purpose is to help speed up the running (digging in the earth, helping to push the body forward) and to dig stuff.
Of course at puppies its still sharp, they didnt really use it yet, but how they get older, their claws do get blunt. all of the adult dogs i seen didnt have sharp claws.
and even if the dog accidentally scratches you, think about it that the animals have fur. fur which protects them from such small scratches. so they dont even feel it.

Just my 2 cents.
ty for reading.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »
As for fights:

sorry for answering this late, but i got laptop problems.
Anyway.
If youre not interested in educational stuff, dont bother reading...

dog/wolf claws dont really hurt. Their claws arent weapons at all. never seen a dog or wolf fight with its claws, or trying to scratch the opponent. they only bite, and use their bodyweight to pull down the opponent. The claws arent made for fight. its sole purpose is to help speed up the running (digging in the earth, helping to push the body forward) and to dig stuff.
Of course at puppies its still sharp, they didnt really use it yet, but how they get older, their claws do get blunt. all of the adult dogs i seen didnt have sharp claws.
and even if the dog accidentally scratches you, think about it that the animals have fur. fur which protects them from such small scratches. so they dont even feel it.

Just my 2 cents.
ty for reading.

Exactly, BUT no doubt they still use claws in RP fights as weapons, why? I don't know.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Falconwing

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:34 am »
I have only read to page 2 ... but want to weigh in here with my own thoughts and opinions.

The #1 thing that should be fixed (so that all of this can be solved reasonably) is that every player joining FeralHeart should have to agree to abide by a certain set of consistent, proven, roleplay guidelines.  I saw another post on here somewhere about RP Etiquette and the fact is that many folks here in FH don't have it.  

The Plains for example ... many folks can't/won't download maps so have found a nice spot in the plains to use as a base 'territory'.  When a stranger comes into their territory they are naturally (RP wise) going to question them.  Sometimes fights break out and it rps smoothly ... most the time the person that invaded a currently running RP is a jerk and brings in their friends and begins to RP on top of you, making reading posts very difficult and RPing all but impossible.  

I've seen some folks (when asked nicely) saunter off .... and many many more folks get offended and pissy that you asked them to move elsewhere on a public map! (How dare I be so mean as to ask the random group of strangers that jumped into the middle of my rp move???)  Generally accepted RP Etiquette would suggest you find another spot to RP or wait until the current rp group is done/gone.

Now how this applies to RP Fighting .... if everyone knows what is ok and not ok and actually understands, fights become easy as there is a set of guidelines already in place to help everyone get along and everything should flow smoothly.  On this note .... OLDER RPERS!!!  Make it your responsibility to take the new folks under your wing.  TEACH them the proper ways for RPing out fights and RPing in general!  Many folks appreciate having a mentor and are MORE than willing to learn how to do things properly or to improve themselves as RPers.  I know, it's a drag to teach folks over and over again, but think about how much good you would do for FH for starters ... and then RP environments in the broad spectrum.  

Obviously this is going to get flamed by many other folks, but it is my own opinion.  Every pack I've been in I've made sure to take in the new RPers and teach them what I know of roleplaying, garnered through six years of various forums and websites (though I have MUCH to learn myself ....)  

NOW on to my own flame piece that just drives me up the wall about RP Fights <.<

Speed RP ... what is up with THAT.  How can someone justify a fight when you just posted 3 times in a row and killed your opponent?  What happened to a 'turn-based' fight system where first one person posts, then the next, so things are done fairly?  Should I, or anyone else, always be on the receiving end of 'killing' attacks because their computer can't keep up with A) The posts and B) My typing?   And what's wrong with adding details to your post so it becomes more fun to interact with?  This is just something that keeps bothering me time and again ....

Now I've heard several times from ... less than kind? ... players that "You should just get a new computer then........"  Wow?  Really?  Because we all have a thousand dollars from Mommy and Daddy to go out and buy a nice, roaring gaming computer??  Yup ... that's the answer right there, thank you so much for giving such great advice -_-    Now since that isn't feasible for the majority of us out there in the World Wide Web .... perhaps we can find new means to support fun and interactive RP for all?