Author Topic: Some concerns about the game....  (Read 21926 times)

TealSkeletore

Re: Some concerns about the game....
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:54 am »
Im just defending my little sister(shes 10 and she had experienced this issue)

Then maybe she should just stay on WolfQuest. A game like FeralHeart where there is just mostly 13+ year olds isn't a place for her.

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 08:53:02 am »
And YOU all don't, where does the WE refer to, OH AWESHOM PERSON excuse me? -.-'
Again yeah, I'm more of FH I admit it, but hey, WQ has played a big role in my life, I made some of my best friends there. Go eat your tongue, you think you're so freakin' awesome. I support Gargantor here, because I know him better than you do and he knows what he's talking about ... appearently unlike you.

Get over yourselves people, can this idiot discussion STOP? Why do you bring it up, so you DO want a nice kick in the butt don't ya? See I can talk dirty too, if that's what you want. I think everyone had enough of this, continue the pointless discussion into PMs. -.-

I think a filter for those who actually want it is the best option. Just having the option to activate and de-activate it would fix the problem.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 09:40:50 am »
Quote from: Teal Skeletore
Then maybe she should just stay on WolfQuest. A game like FeralHeart where there is just mostly 13+ year olds isn't a place for her.

i dont think this game was only developed for 13+. its a game for everyone, as i see it. If it really was for 13+ then the game wouldnt look like this. Little children look at this game and see the many possibilities what they could do. They can come anytime too if they wish.
My sister begged to play after she saw me playing it... Even though i did know exactly what ppl there are sometimes, i had still faith that there will be no real problems (she doesnt know much english luckily), but i was wrong. After all, even if she knows some basic words and she can write sentences with a bit of flaw(well... much flaw), she can still understand the basic swear words. which is the real problem.
I dont say she came to me crying, but i could see she felt offended(she is quite mature for her age).

And thanks Sarine for your support.
But we have to get used to such ppl i guess. I agree everyone has their own opinion, but its no place still to bash a game.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:28 am »
There is no age restrictions for FH, but that doesn't mean that it's appropriate for 10 year olds. It's an unfiltered chat with a lot of foul mouthed teenagers and the like. I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't want your 10 year old sister to be playing a game like that.

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »
If he's trying to defend his younger siblings, i understand that, but like i said a filter could be used and about that buttswing thing i see in alot of areas in this forum... IGNORE IT geez dont make a big deal about it, I personally think its cute and funny, and at points CAN be used during Rp / boring / tryin to have fun points, nothing wrong with it at all. If someone is bothering ya with it, block them / run to a diff spot

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^

cheetac19

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »
Ok..honestly... I think this thread is turning into a flame war. It's OK for someone to think that some of the people's behavior on FH is a little...unnecessary. There is no reason to start attacking them and WQ (where the heck did that come from anyway?). Maybe instead of flaming each other we should be trying to come up with an option that would please everyone? This isn't a hard issue to solve. Safa96 has some perfectly legit issues with some people's behavior and they were only trying to bring the issue into light.
Please stop attacking each other....

slycan

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 07:33:38 pm »
Note:

There's a law stating somewhere that only persons 13+ years of age are even allowed to be on most social sites.

I'm even %100 sure the SMF Forum TOS this forum is hosted on states 13 Years and up , but I'll double check to make sure.

We HAD this issue before on Stacey's Impressive Title forum in which case there were nearly 25% of the accounts in that forum being banned for being under age. As for the game itself, I don't know but I'm hoping its the same way.

Second life almost got shut down because of this too, SL ended up being 16 and up.
And Furcadia has a map just for adult to bypass restrictions for the game, called FurN

I don't judge people by their age but I think 12 years old and under is just too young to be on the internet. It's no ones job to protect the young ones but the parents, and thats why by the time they are 13 they can legally make their own decisions on what to view, download and type on the internet.

So don't blame the game's or websites unless you want to end up showing your I.D. and Drivers license just to be able to log in.

Twiliac

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 07:40:34 pm »
Slycan, your correct about the 13 age restriction on proboards. -- Also noticed this restrictions on other sites as well, so it isn't only Proboards.

This is what I posted on a thread, similar to this. So I'll suggest it again.

I have to agree with the buttswing thing. I've seen too many in Bone fire (mostly.) standing on top of one another, or one laying down belly face up and the other on top doing this. I find it very inappropriate for our younger players, it bugs me even. :/.

As for the cussing bit, not that I mind it. Maybe a simple profanity filter that we can choose rather to trun off or not?

As for dirt jokes, peeps really need to keep that to them selves, through pms, or even in groups. I don't care, as long as I'm not seeing it.

Also, perhaps, making the report button more well known? I didn't notice it until I double clicked on someone (which is hard.) I've just found out, you could double click their name as well, in the chat box and report them ect. This future is not well know, and I suggest it becomes more known to the public.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:51:19 pm by Twilia »

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:16 pm »
That is true, a lot of sites I've been on clearly state a law where the user HAS to be 13+ years of age, or they get their account banned.

Here is a example I pulled from WP;

You must be 13 years or older
-
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") specifically protects the privacy of children under the age of 13 by requesting parental consent for the collection or use of any personal information of the users. The Act took effect in April 2000. The Act was passed in response to a growing awareness of Internet marketing techniques that targeted children and collected their personal information from websites without any parental notification. The Act applies to commercial websites and online services that are directed at children. The main requirements of the Act that a website operator must comply with include:
Incorporation of a detailed privacy policy that describes the information collected from its users.
Acquisition of a verifiable parental consent prior to collection of personal information from a child under the age of 13.
Disclosure to parents of any information collected on their children by the website.
A Right to revoke consent and have information deleted.
Limited collection of personal information when a child participates in online games and contests.
A general requirement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information that is collected online from children.
Consequences:
If it is discovered that you are under the age of 13, you will be banned because of the COPPA Act of 1997. No exceptions.

But that's WP.. not FH. So..

Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

TealSkeletore

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2011, 09:52:16 pm »
It's true that we haven't enforced the 13+ rule yet, but it will probably happen eventually, because it happens to every website I've been a member of.

Moonshade - This isn't really a flame war, just a debate. Unfortunately some people are taking it a bit immaturely.