Author Topic: What happened to KovuLKD? (Please Lock)  (Read 15688 times)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to KovuLKD?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 03:33:55 am »
So far this is what i've heard about KovuLKD, Idk if its true or not but apparently he made the game Impressive Title as a gift to his girlfriend and was based off of the Lion King. It was just a project for his college at the time but it became very popular very fast. Later came Feral Heart where there is many theories one is he left due to complaints on staff, another is that Razmirs refused to let him work on it, another is that he just left due to boredom and not wanting others to take control of his artwork, aka his game. No one is sure of what has really happened, nor do I think that Razmirs actually did that but yeah. This is all that i've been told about, although I don't really believe in any of it other than he got bored possibly and left.

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:11 am »
There are many reasons, many people don't honestly know.

|| Preset ||

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 05:52:44 am »
Sigh. I wish Kovu would come back, or someone like Red or Raz could take over as was previously said. But I thank KovuLKD for making one of the best games I've ever played!
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »
As BlueCrisis said, there are so many reasons. It's hard to determinate which is the main one. And Kov made IT for his girl friend? You learn something new everyday.
dead account

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:41 pm »
I'm guessing he left because he lost interest in the game but what's the point of talking about him disappearing when it's done and over with? I highly doubt he will come back anyway. There's nothing that indicates him coming back.

Offline Europe49

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 12:36:48 am »
Truthfully, I think Kovu is never coming back. I heard a rumor that he is assisting with Arokai, but who knows. I guess we all will just have to make use with what we've got, and make the best of it. (Of course, we obviously have.)

Offline antherax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 02:27:24 am »
I agree. I don't think he is coming back. He pretty much lost interest. But make the most of the game. But on a side note. It bugs me with people whining about how this game never gets updated. The community now makes the gamer better with maps and such. Go look around.
dead account

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 01:41:58 am »
Honestly... if my theory is correct, we do not need Kovu at all. Think about it. The source code is needed to make the game and put it together, correct? Then that must mean that it is somewhere within FeralHeart's folder. We just need a very skilled coder/programmer to find it and decipher the codes. In all honesty, if this source code was needed for the game, then it had to have been put in the game, in one of the CFG or DLL files. We just need someone to find it. Simba is making FeralHeart+, correct? Well, how can he make FH 'updates', without the source code, but the staff claim that they cannot? Judging by that tidbit of information, it is quite possible that maybe a new 'source code' can be created in the FeralHeart directory, or it can be found, and Simba has found it, who knows. But, this is really just my theory, and I think someone should test it out. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline antherax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 01:51:16 am »
Whoa! TheFourLinks!
Simba is making FeralHeart+, correct? Well, how can he make FH 'updates', without the source code, but the staff claim that they cannot? Judging by that tidbit of information, it is quite possible that maybe a new 'source code' can be created in the FeralHeart directory, or it can be found, and Simba has found it, who knows. But, this is really just my theory, and I think someone should test it out. ~Vio
I need to ask Simba about this.
dead account

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 02:12:06 am »
I honestly hope my theory is correct. If it is, then we could have hit a milestone for the progression of FH, meaning more updates can be created, including the promised prey and such. We will no longer have to wait for the return of Kovu, we can do this on our own, and the complaints of FeralHeart dying will decrease dramatically.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link