Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 9031 times)

Offline Seam

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »
I thought i would leave a comment since i am the child of a my mom (who is in fact a lesbian) and my dad (who is in fact gay)... Funny how things work out eh? Anywho!

Are you for or against gay marriage?
I am for it, because my father and mother have shown me that you can love the same sex just as much as you can love the opposite.
Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?
haha no, it does not. Marriage is the partnership of two people, only  y religion does that two people have to be a man or a woman.

Should gay couples be able to raise children?
Hahaha, OF CORSE. Now most people would answer this through the idea of adoption, and i agree that they should be allowed to adopt, and why do i think this? Well because i have been raised my whole life by my father and his partner as well as my mother and her partner! IVE TURNED OUT JUST FINE. There is nothing wrong with me, and no, they have never pushed their beleifes on me, and i think that if they did, that it would be wrong of them. So yes, they should be allowed to raise children.

Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
Should they get a harsher punishment from all the rest? No. I know it is wrong (morally wrong for me) to commit a hate crime against gays, but i think its the same as commiting a hate crime in general.

And should being homosexual be illegal?
No, its against a persons rights.

Mer, i love talking about this topic :)

Avie by Ramine <3 thank you