Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 9070 times)

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
Loving these responses, guys. :3

And true, it's unlikely that someone will come on here and answer differently then most already have, however you never know. ~
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

weylin

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:01:48 am »
You know what, the problem with marriage is that it's both religious AND intermingled with law.

This is a problem in that in some religions, homosexuality is very much frowned upon, but 'legally' should be allowed to so as to have the same benefits as other couples.

Now, honestly, I don't give a $#!@ what people do behind closed doors, I really don't. But when you have flamboyant homosexuals going down the road screaming "LOOK AT ME! I'M GAY" (Both literally, and behaviorally) Then it gets... annoying.
For that matter, any sort of kissing and groping is just bad manners to do in public, yet some people feel the need to show off and draw attention to themselves.

I'm sure some religions must have had a good reason to abolish it, given that it even occurs in nature.
$5 says the only reason half of you support it so aggressively is so you can have your yuri IRL.
Or you're a bunch of lovy-dovey little girls who think a certain pattern of synapses firing and release of chemicals known as the experience of 'love' is more important than... whatever I don't even care. Go ahead and karma-bash and flame me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:10:50 am by weylin »

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »
^ That's actually very sterotypical. While, yes, I agree I can't stand the kind of homosexuals who flaunt their sexuality around, and I don't care what is done behind closed doors either.

The only reason they really 'flaunt' is to get the point across that we should have equal rights. If they all remained quiet, who is to say that anything would change? Nothing would likely change, then we'd be left at .. well, nothing. Which isn't right. Blacks didn't get their freedom by 'sitting behind closed doors'.

Am I saying holding, touching, etc in public (in sexually meant ways) is right? No. It's not even right for heterosexuals to do. So everyone can get a room.

And the only reason religions likely abolish is because it's not normal to them, they just don't see it as normal, honestly. "Oh well God blahblah". Have you seen the signs of Christians who say "FAGGOTS WILL BURN IN HELL" ? and other such. What if things we reversed? :/

And hardly. We support it because it's right and fair, equal. Granted life isn't fair or equal, that doesn't mean we should just give up and not do anything about it to TRY and make it as CLOSE to fair as possible. ~

You're being extremely sterotypical there honestly. Not all bi's/gays/lesbians are like that. Some are, which tend to give /ALL/ of us a bad name. / shakes head in disappointment.

weylin

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
When has it ever NOT been "Not all X are like that"? There has always been exceptions. Some gay couples are very modest and quiet about their relationship.

The only thing that bothers me about all this acceptance of open homosexuality is both my upbringing, and the fact that it seems to be closely associated with the downfall of a civilization.

I wouldn't say that it's the CAUSE of a downfall, but it's a something that tends to go along with it, and I feel that we're on the verge of losing all we had worked so hard to achieve.

We'll be stuck on this damned rock for eternity, something has always happened in the past, and it's likely to happen again - soon.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »
I really don't see how any of that has to do with two people of the same gender loving each other. xD

But, I respect your thinking as long as you're not the kind of person who's all up in arms about not allowing homosexuals the same rights that heterosexuals have. ~

weylin

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »
I don't know kahara, something has always just seemed wrong with it.

What if I told you that I am gay? I never just go around saying it. And I'm pretty sure I'd get killed in my sleep by my family if I married another man.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »
I see nothing wrong with it - now, anyway. At one point I /WAS? homophobic. But I opened my eyes and mind. / shrugs

If you told me you're gay.. I really wouldn't care. I'd treat it as if someone just told me they're straight. o3o If you got killed in your sleep for it, that's one of the exact reasons that homosexuality is a fight and why people march around fighting for equal rights. It'll take time, a while, maybe not, I don't know, but I'd like to see it CLOSE to fair and right.

Blacks weren't accepted right away as 'normal' people who weren't slaves. It didn't happen over night. Even now there is still racism and flaws.

And that's really my goal, and maybe others. To get it to the point that it's widely accepted and homosexuals don't have to love in fear.

Sorry I'm rambling now. xDDD;

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 02:01:26 am »
Are you for or against gay marriage?
I'm cool with it. Why shouldn't a couple, wither they be of the same sex or opposite, not be married when they love each other?

Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?
Not very likely. I think it would help actually if they love each other. Lately a lot of people of opposite sex marry each other but don't truly love each other and they get into constant fights and cheat on each other. So no, it wouldn't.

Should gay couples be able to raise children?
If they're loving and understanding parents and are able to afford taking care of children, then yes. They should be able to have a chance of raising a child like everyone else in the world.

Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
Hating someone who is different is wrong, but I don't think the punishment should be more harsh because of that...

Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ? - Note; 'Don't ask, don't tell' was repealed but laws can always be changed. Also, a lot of people in the military are still going by it out of fear. If you answer that question, take that into consideration.
Not sure what that is O_o

And should being homosexual be illegal?

A big fat NO. In fact, I think its wrong that most of the time two people who practically dislike each other are allowed to marry when two people who love each other are not.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:05:04 am by ~Katsa~ »
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:18 am »
And I'm pretty sure I'd get killed in my sleep by my family if I married another man.

I don't have to think that! I know that! XD I live in Kentucky (AKA: "The Hate Crime State!" I J K) Last time we went shoe shoping for me I found a pair of Air Jordans that were black with blue stripes going from the front to the back until they connected at a purple circle in the back! I showed dad and He looked at me and mom and said, As loudly as he humanly could, "Those would make you look like a fag." Everyone in the store looked at us and mom just shook her head and said "be louder!" It was awful! But I couldnt do anything because I couldnt breath! I was laughing so hard! It was even funnier when the shoes we bought were a Neon Rainbow pair of Zig-Techs! XD
Again, no one make me sound like a homophobic person!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:20:07 am by Owen /*> »
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

weylin

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »
I like how anyone who doesn't jump on the wagon in full acceptance of open homosexuality and gay rights triggers an argument of huge paragraphs.

Now there was this thing at my school which made no sense at all. A homosexual club, for homos.
Is school really the place to form a club that's, really, just a sexual preference?
I don't recall seeing any clubs marked specifically as Heterosexual or Asexual, or Bi, or whateverthe%#@&
What's the point?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:33:22 pm by weylin »