Author Topic: Are all Mate Beggars like this?  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Are all Mate Beggars like this?
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »
It's weird, I have literally never encountered a mate beggar before. o.o (Obviously I've seen someone scream, "I NEED A MATE!!!1!" but no one has actually come up to me and personally ask me to be their mate.)

Ditto Girl Friend.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 05:50:33 pm »
It's weird, I have literally never encountered a mate beggar before. o.o (Obviously I've seen someone scream, "I NEED A MATE!!!1!" but no one has actually come up to me and personally ask me to be their mate.)

Yeah. Guys, I don't think that really is considered "begging". It's kind of mislabeling... honestly I'd just call that person lonely, or dramatic. Begging? Not really...

I'm just saying, I don't see how some people call me a mate-beggar, among other much, much worse names. Yes, I am looking for a mate. But that gives you no reason to pick on me because I'm single.

So please be aware there IS a difference, between mate-searchers and mate beggars. The beggars are the ones that harass you about it, as described in previous posts. At that point I firmly believe that they're just drama queens in general, regardless of the issue because I can imagine they act the same way in role play if they don't get what they want.

Example (DQ short for drama queen, that also has "mate beggar" behavior):

DQ: Hey we should do a Lion King RP
Me: Haha okay dibs on Scar
DQ: OMG WHY WOULD YOU PICK MY CHARACTER I HATE YOU!!!

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 08:34:52 pm »
Yeah. Guys, I don't think that really is considered "begging". It's kind of mislabeling... honestly I'd just call that person lonely, or dramatic. Begging? Not really...

I'm just saying, I don't see how some people call me a mate-beggar, among other much, much worse names. Yes, I am looking for a mate. But that gives you no reason to pick on me because I'm single.

So please be aware there IS a difference, between mate-searchers and mate beggars. The beggars are the ones that harass you about it, as described in previous posts. At that point I firmly believe that they're just drama queens in general, regardless of the issue because I can imagine they act the same way in role play if they don't get what they want.

Example (DQ short for drama queen, that also has "mate beggar" behavior):

DQ: Hey we should do a Lion King RP
Me: Haha okay dibs on Scar
DQ: OMG WHY WOULD YOU PICK MY CHARACTER I HATE YOU!!!
This does make more sense, as for as separating "searchers" from "beggars." I believe the reason that "searchers" are usually taken into the "beggar" category is for the common harassment and unnecessary drama queens. It's very similar to how people confuse "newbies" with "noobs." Because there are more noobs than newbies, people will often treat the newbies the same way as noobs. Same thing for mate-searchers  and mate-beggars. With the misrepresentation of the majority, it affects how people will react to the ones who either ask for mates or ask for help.  
Image © Mikita Kavalenka