Author Topic: Dire Wolves  (Read 7465 times)

Offline lilyfairy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Dire Wolves
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:51 am »
Dire Wolves: Dire Wolves were once real. Now my appearance and history of Dire Wolves are different. These Dire Wolves live in the Beyond the Beyond. For those of you that have read Kathryn Lasky's new book series "Wolves of the Beyond" or her old series "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" will know a lot about Dire Wolves and the Beyond already.

Personality: Dire Wolves are usually nice, mean, really independent, or sometimes fun and love to play. Lots of things happen to change a Dire Wolf's personality like: say a female Dire Wolf was one of the pack leader's mates. He abused her and wasn't nice to her at all. She also had a weird name. That female wolf ends up killing the pack leader and becomes a pack leader herself. She renames herself, starts a new pack, and becomes more dominant.

Males: Males are more dominant than females. They are usually the ones that start fights. They always know when a male is in a bad mood so they attack them sometimes. If they are attacked, they usually back off or give up, but some do not do that. When they sense a male is happy and they are too, they greet each other and become good friends.

Females: Females are the less dominant wolves of the pack. They will attack another wolf to protect family and friends though. Females are really nice to each other most of the time; they always greet each other and become friends. If they sense a male in a bad mood though, they will stay away until he is happy again.

Gnaw wolves: Gnaw wolves are wolves that gnaw writing in bones to tell stories. Here I will tell you how a wolf becomes a gnaw wolf. If a female has a litter of pups and has one pup that is deformed (a splayed paw, missing a leg or an eye, ect.), a female wolf who can't have pups, otherwise called an Obea, will take the pup that is deformed and leave it in a place where it will die. If the pup survives and comes back to the pack it will become a gnaw wolf. Now i will explain what happens after that. After a while, if the wolf's gnaw bones get good enough, it will become a guardian of the Sacred Ring of Volcanoes where the Ember of Hoole is. Soon they will get even stronger than other wolves and when they die, they get a chance to come back to earth as whatever they want to be.

Hunting (a byrgss): When hunting takes place, all the wolves (if in a pack) will chase the elk (or whatever they are chasing) and try to find a weak or elder prey. Then they try to brake it off from the herd and wear it out with the females because they are faster and have more stamina than males. Finally they hide from the elk and let it just sit there and graze. Then all the wolves jump out at it biting and nipping at its flanks to get it to fall. When the elk finally falls, a ceremony called lochnevyr takes place where a wolf and the prey lock eyes as if the prey was saying that its life is worthy and it has had a long life.  A wolf kills it then a few wolves of high ranks eat first then the lower and lower ranks until it gets to the gnaw wolf who eats last and doesn't eat much.

Mature Wolves: All Dire Wolves reach adult age at 2 years and 6 months. Anything under that is considered teen or pup.
Females are in gestation for about 6 months. After she gives birth, she will keep her pups on milk for a couple weeks. Later she starts bringing them meat. Their father starts teaching them how to hunt and survive alone. Once at 1 year they go off by themselves.

Enemies: Only enemies are Vyrwolves.(I will describe those later.)

Appearance: All Dire Wolves' top coats are usually black, grey, and cream. You may use the body marking "German Shepard" and make it a little darker than the top coat. Markings that you can use for a Dire Wolf:   Head: Mask, German Shepard, none   Body: Underfur, German Shepard, none   Tail: Highlight, German Shepard, none         Colors:   Face marking: A little darker or lighter than pelt   Body marking: Same as face marking   Tail marking: Same as face and body marking   Bottom coats of Dire Wolves are either the same as the top coat, white, or a little lighter than the top coat. The eyes are always green but not too light or not too dark.

Anything Else I Should Know About This?: Well, I have a pack of Dire Wolves now (I redid it so whoever was in it before needs to rejoin it). The leader's name is Fengo so if you see him and the username "lilyfairy", it's me.

Here is a fourm for your Dire Wolf if you want to join my pack now(You may still make a Dire Wolf whenever you like):

Name:
Nickname(if any):
Personality:
Pup(s):
Mate:
Past pup(s)(if any):
Past mate(s)(if any):
Parents:
History(don't have to fill out):
(picture or detailed description but i prefer a pic.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:34:00 pm by Rachel »
When Life gives you lemons, squeeze them in Life's eyes and run like the wind.

DogQuest

Re: Dire Wolves
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »
Interesting.Might join if I get the actual Feral-Heart game.

-Angel-

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:04:29 am »
hey have you read the 'wolves of the beyond' book series? cuz they have gnaw wolves and such in there. and the byrgss is in there too

Offline lilyfairy

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:20:07 am »
Sorry that I haven't been replying. Yes, Kenzii!!!, I am in the progress of reading the Wolves of the Beyond series. I guess you didn't notice that i half-said that I read/ am reading the series XD. Oh well.

Edit: Anyone want to join the pack?  :'(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:21:56 am by lilyfairy »

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 06:00:22 pm »
I read all of the wolves of the beyond books and they said nothing about dire wolves. There were gnaw wolves and such, but no dire wolves... :-\

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »
I read the first Wolves of the Beyond book and loved it xD have the second and dunno where to get the rest or if there are anymore XD
Obsessed With A Creature

bada123

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:44 pm »
Name: Kionai
Personality: Likes to hunt and RP, and at night, always stares at the moon, be it sitting, standing, or running. She is VERY protective, and will help anyone in need, other than an enemy. She is generally shy, and usually is found just hanging out, but when she needs something done, she does it without hesitation. She is a very hard worker, and is easy to adapt to her surroundings and the people in them.
Pup(s): None
Mate:None
Past Pups: None
Past Mates: None
Parents: Died when she was two months old
Appearance: Just a black wolf with green eyes (sry i dnt have a pic)  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:44:18 pm by Angie »

Offline lilyfairy

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:57:51 am »
Okay, sorry peeps. I haven't been on this topic for so long I almost forgot about it. I don't know if I still have Fengo or not. I have like a million chars now. Angie, I will add you into the group if it is still there. Galen, in the Guardians of Ga'hoole series it metions they are Dire Wolves. Dunstan, there is a 3rd book too. :) (I just noticed when I made this topic, I apparently wasn't in a good mood.  :D

bada123

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:27:54 pm »
Thanks ^^, and my user is bada123
:3
And does the Dire Wolf Pack have a map? (im wondering cuz im not good with tht techy stuff xD)

DiegoTheDragon

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:56:21 am »
Name: Fekani
Nickname(if any): Kani
Personality: Usually a brooding loner but can be quite social if in the mood to communicate.
Pup(s): N/A
Mate: N/A
Past pup(s)(if any): Rotto
Past mate(s)(if any): Nerfeti
Parents: Rakkus: Dead Relia: Dead
History(don't have to fill out): Fekani was born into a small family pack or dire wolves. He left when he reached the age of 1.2 years ((Now 2 years old)) He soon searched for more of his kind. He still searches nd may have found a perfect pack.

**No images avalible.**