Author Topic: hunting updates  (Read 30247 times)

UncleSmithers

Re: hunting updates
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:04 pm »
I do like the idea of fighting-hunting style :'D PvP sounds good too, but I'm not one for level grinding. I'm not sure if that would be included though.

And Mudsnout has some good ideas. C:

Offline Averyln

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Rawr. I'm a zombie.
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:25 am »
Hunting is definitely a good idea. Otherwise FH will just get boring sooner.. xD
How do rainbows taste?
Probably just like Skittles.
But what do I know?

Mudsnout

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 03:05:39 am »
Frankly, i think adding in levels is a bad idea in general. FH isn't meant to be competitive, just fun and roleplayed.

If there was any sort of system to define characters stats, i think it should be something chosen from the start that cannot be changed. a sort of... i dunno, health/speed/strength/stamina balance system.

If there was any sort of level system it would have to be VERY non-invasive. Honestly, I would rather the coding and time be spent on having an integrated pack system or somesuch than on leveling that will start the grinding all over again.

littlefoxchild

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:54 am »
i think hunting sounds great, I did enjoy hunting in IT. It would be nice if some of the prey would put up a fight  like the buffalo and wildebeest!
Also drinking water from the lake/ river sounds nice!

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 06:45:02 pm »
All the prey put up a fight in IT. XD

littlefoxchild

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 07:44:10 pm »
Did it?! it was so long ago i don't really remember much but if you say so.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 11:29:48 pm »
Yep ;P
I remember being chased by three giraffes, an elephant....
And a rabbit I think? Hm. XDD

Offline Kayo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Wolf in sheeps clothing is more than a warning
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 12:15:29 am »
Good ideas, just sound a bit to much like WQ and I personally, if we had a health bar, wouldn't want to die half way through an rp from hunger lol. Still I like hunting :)

Kayo-

Twiliac

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 02:24:48 am »
Ah, hm. Thought Kovu said no hunting was going to be added to the game..?

Themiles

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 07:55:14 am »
I think, about the whole food bar etc... Killing prey, could give everyone of your group (The pack/pride that is hunting it) expierience. This could be used in a Stamina and/or Life bar system, to make your animal last longer in a hunt. But maybe that should be left out, and just counted by points. Then you could brag about how many Elephants your pack got down, and show proof from ingame :3

About the Life bar and Stamina bar
If prey hits you, you get life points taken off. This can be healed by either resting(like IT) or eating the prey afterwards. And a stamina bar, that gets smaller with each attack you do at the prey. Therefor you would -need- to have a pack to take down bigger prey. Smaller animals, such as bunnys and stuff could still be nommed without help.

Also, I think animals should drop an item, such as in food items. Since I think it will be hard to code in prey carring, you could simply carry a food item, such as a Leg or something, back to your place and feed left behind cubs and family members.

To the realistic part, with food and water:
I don't think it should be implemented, to survive only with food and water source... buuuuut, why not make these two bars, and make them blend in or out if someone wishes to have survival. There wouldn't be consequences, if it ran out (since, what would you do if that happend?) but it would give the whole game a challenge. Rp and survival. Perhaps a survival timer, that saves how many days you "survived" without running out of food/water.
And we should make sure to make it realistic. I think, Lions only hunt once every one or two days? Correct me if I'm wrong, I have no idea X3

And I think Kovu said he would maybe put in hunting, earlier in this post o_o
 (long post is long)