Author Topic: Patch Problems  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Patch Problems
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:04 am »
Okay, so ever since Kov started making patches recently, downloading them does not work. Many people have similar problems as well but there doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. I have to uninstall Feral Heart, delete all its files, and then reinstall. Its quite a problem since I have downloaded markings packs, maps, and the like, not to mention any map that I would currently be working on. All the markings packs and maps have to be redownloaded, but I can't even save the map I may have been currently working on. If this never gets fixed I will definetly have to rush through maps if I even take the chance to make one, and constantly redownload maps and markings. Sure, I wanted new patches, but I didn't ask to completely delete the game and renistall every time a new patch comes out, I am just getting sick of repeating the process and struggling for about an hour. I am not trying to offend anyone, I just couldn't take it anymore and decided that I should say something. Thank you for reading this and I hope things will get fixed soon.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Patch Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:56 am »
Well just to make this easier each time you delete files, why not move everything you want to desktop or something so important meshes, maps etc are not deleted forever. After re-downloading or re-installing just move them back so their still there.
Besides no one knows when the next patch will be out, could be next month.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »
Well just to make this easier each time you delete files, why not move everything you want to desktop or something so important meshes, maps etc are not deleted forever. After re-downloading or re-installing just move them back so their still there.
Besides no one knows when the next patch will be out, could be next month.

I already do that, and there is yet another patch today I think and I have had to yet redownload and delete Feral Heart again. And When I want to delete the whole folder it won't let me because it says the terrains folder is being used by something else. I don't want to do this anymore ^-^"

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 10:33:43 pm »
Oh and now it won't even work when I clear everything out and redownload, nothing is working..

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:38:52 pm »
Oh and now it won't even work when I clear everything out and redownload, nothing is working..
Same here. :P I can't even log in or anything right now. Hopefully Kovu fixes that soon. I can't even get to the menu before it poofs, not even an error message lol.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:51:40 pm »
Same here. :P I can't even log in or anything right now. Hopefully Kovu fixes that soon. I can't even get to the menu before it poofs, not even an error message lol.

I'm happy I'm not alone on something.

lillytheomegawolf

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »
You have to save it to a file. Then go to the file, like My Documents, click on it and it will guide you how to install it. My dad is a installer boss.

Cicatrix

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »
First of all, thank God I'm not the only one with this problem.

I have no issues /downloading/ either the patch or the actual game, but when I try to install them, I keep getting the same message:

"An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

This first happened when I tried to install the patch, so when that didn't work, I uninstalled the entire game and deleted all of its files as Eliza did.  However, when I tried installing the updated game itself, I got the same message.

So right now, I'm without the game and at a lack of knowledge as to how to fix it.  x_x;

Silverwing600

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:24:53 pm »
I've been farting around with the patch for about two hours now. I have it downloaded and everything and all the files are there but when I go to start FH it still says I have to download the latest patch. I have windows 7 professional although i don't know if that makes a difference. Do I just have the patch in the wrong spot or what?  >:(

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
You have to save it to a file. Then go to the file, like My Documents, click on it and it will guide you how to install it. My dad is a installer boss.

Yo, I can download the patch fine that isn't the problem.