Author Topic: Picking Up/Carrying Others, Extended Wings  (Read 8629 times)

Offline milybird

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Picking Up/Carrying Others, Extended Wings
« on: January 23, 2012, 06:30:28 am »
I realize the idea is a bit of a stretch to becoming reality, but I do not think it is impossible. I would really like to see an option to pick a character up by the scruff and carry them around. I imagine it could work if there was a sort of grab option and then you select the user you wish to take hold of. The said user would receive a request saying how insertusername is requesting to pick you up, or whatever. And then that person could choose if they'd like to be carried or not, and they also can chose to be dropped any time. It might be awkward looking if there is a major size difference how ever :T

I also think you should be able to extend you wings while standing on land. The end.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Picking Up/Carrying Others, Extended Wings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
This could be used to troll other players, by sending them requests, non-stop.
I imagine that there would have to be a limit for the requests you can send per minute.
Though, it would still be rather hard to achieve, since coding it isn't easy, so if Kov even thinks about adding such action,
it would take a lot of time.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
I think it would be wonderful to be able to pick up your pup/kit/cub or hold the injured and take them to help,butRamine is right,coding does take a bit of time.
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

feralheartdog

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:20 pm »
It would be nice to pick up cubs/pups but you can only pick them up if they are on your friend list because you dont want random ppl picking you up..

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:07:51 am »
Yeah but what if you're roleplaying and they're not on your friends list? Random friend requests.
Anyways I agree with the idea, but to do this and put it in the game it'll take some time. However the action on the wings doesn't seem so hard.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:09:44 am by Raoran »

feralheartdog

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »
hmmm your right -.- but maybe i know i might be stupid saying this.... butb when the person clicks the action "Carry/Pick up" a message or indicator will come to the person who might be picked up and the message could read "Do you want this person to pick you up? Yes or No?" the person could click no and the action could be stopped but if the action is clicked yes then the action would happen :D

Kitty Lue

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:58 am »
I think this would be nice, and if there was an option though, maybe someone could click on the person they would be ok with picking them up and tick a box, but if they find out they would rather not, they can un-tick the box. Does that sound good if it were an option? I have been able to try out wings in preset  maker, although not offline. It seems like the carrying position could be like the flying one, but without wings flapping. Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:04:44 am by Ericka »

feralheartdog

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »
uhhhhhh. im confused with the wings part. -flappity flap flappity flap- sorry i had to do that XD im hyper myapologies

Offline MasiYumi

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Proud Gemini ^_^
    • BreyerKat
    • howtotrainyoureren
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »
Hmmm.. I don't Think it's a good idea, because it could get annoying and I see not point in carrying others

Find me in game as Captorlicious.

feralheartdog

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:14 pm »
Well the point in carrying others is so if you roleplay that you have a cub and its newborn or such you can carry it and such....