Poll

Dimensions?

Yes!
86 (84.3%)
No!
16 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.  (Read 20778 times)

TealSkeletore

Re: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 05:34:06 am »
Teal, Adding maps or downloading them WILL NOT stop the lag. The lag IS the problem here. If we do get dims back we don't need a whole bunch. 1 - 15 or something so we wont be completely isolated. So maps do not = a solution to this one. Especially since right now, there aren't many maps to begin with or download. We don't want complete isolation, we want an escape route from lag. And wey, I think we understand that the game is still new and all, but i asked this once before in a post months ago, and Rak said kov said there wouldn't be dims. Honestly do none of you care about the users with bad computers? Not everyone has the money to buy a 500 - 1000 dollar computer that has windows 7 and all that other crud on it!

Maps can be a solution to lag. If there are lots of maps, then there'll be less people in each map, therefore, less lag.

Oh and frankly, no. I don't care about the users with bad computers. We're not going to change the game just because of a hand full of people with bad computers. Since when do any game companies do this? And Kov's doing this for free too! (this part is just my opinion)

I get lag all the time as well, in fact my game crashed several times yesterday.

If dimensions are implemented in the future, then fine, but right now find your own way to solve your own lag issue.

I don't have time to read all the other posts now but I will later.

EDIT: Just so you know, I'm not necessarily for or against dimensions. I'm just telling you how you can avoid lag, and why dimensions aren't necessarily needed.

Also, there may not be many maps to download NOW, but there WILL be. You just have to be patient and wait for them, just like you would have to wait for Kov to put dimensions in IF he decided to put them in.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:57:35 am by Teal Skeletore »

Offline TitansFury

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • What God?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 06:14:57 am »
I would soooo be happy to see dims back. I have a fairly good laptop, just recently got it, up to date with updates, and doesn't have a whole bunch of crap on it, yet even I lag. Dimensions were part of the reason I played I.T. I don't like RPing that much, and when I didn't RP I felt that someone would judge -- so I'd go to a dimension with friends, who most likely wouldn't judge me. And all that spamming in the chat box in popular dims, that was terrible.. it made the lag worse, and the same is happening in FH. I know how to make maps, and I have the time to do so, but they don't always turn out great, and I want surprises.. like new maps that I didn't have any idea what to expect. I know this game took a bunch of effort to make, as Jazz said in her post, but I ask for dimensions back too.

fuyukai desu!
?

slycan

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 06:24:17 am »
...where are the wings and items people at I wonder xD

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 09:09:51 pm »
Lags aren't a problem for me...But yes, my computer is fairly new. But why not set a map that's not littered with people your home? That way you can easily go to it within a few clicks, and not get over run by that damn lag. But yeah, dimensions are very useful in all kinds of ways, and I see why people want it back.

This is a new game not even a month old, it's going to have improvements and new features someday, right? Give it time, dimensions, I think, will eventually be added. For now, I guess it's waiting time.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:16:38 pm by Defined »

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 09:35:17 pm »
@Teal, Alright, we get it, you're a global mod, you act all high and mighty because you could ban us if you wanted to. But you also realize that saying what you said was rude and very offensive. "Oh and frankly, no. I don't care about the users with bad computers. We're not going to change the game just because of a hand full of people with bad computers." Don't you think that was offensive? The game is supposed to be so everyone can be happy. And, Correction, Game companies DO listen to their players and change things so they can be happy and keep playing. Oh and one more thing, without the players, what is a game without players? It's nothing but something that sits there that you are paying for. There may be a small population, but the game is quite boring that way. And before you start making offensive comments like that, try using your brain to put yourself in our shoes, and think about how we feel instead of just being a rude self-centered moderator. Thanks.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »

Alright guys, let's not turn this rant against anyone.
We have our own opinions, and our own solutions.

Jazz; you're taking it a little too far. Just because Teal has different ways for handling things doesn't mean you go full force on them.
Now, not exactly pointing to Teal, but just a let know, we all have our own ways of solving things.

I personally am in favor of the dimensions, and really, I figure they'll come back at one point. The game has been online for only 5 days now.
Thankfully, both computers I use for the game don't suffer with lag, however.
Really, what annoys me is the amount of people that come in and out.
Yes, you do have the option of blocking out people's posts, and I guess in my computer's state, I don't mind if there's thousands of people. But the reason I ask for dimensions is that it helps for those who do have lag aswell as be able to just sit and relax with friends every once in a while.

Another thing.

I ask either for dimensions, or something to block out messages of people entering and exiting.
When you are in a roleplay or something, so many people enter and exit the map that you don't even have time to read another's post, or even get to scroll back up or down because of how many posts there are.

As for custom maps, my opinion is that it'd be really sad to have to make an entire map just to talk or roleplay with your friends privately. But that's just my opinion.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »
@Jazz

looooooooooooooooool

Oh please, if I wasn't a moderator I would have said the same thing! I didn't even help DEVELOP the game so I really don't have a say in it. It's just my opinion just like you have an opinion. It all depends on what kovu wants. Kovu doesn't want wings even though a lot of members do. He's not going to add wings. Kovu doesn't want items even though a lot of members do. He's not going to add items. Kovu doesn't want dimensions even though a lot of members do. He's not going to add dimensions. (but he could always change his mind, you never know).

And no, I don't act all high and mighty. I simply like a good debate. If I wasn't a moderator you wouldn't even mention this. If you actually PM'd me and tried to have a proper conversation with me then you'd find that I'm actually a very friendly person and I love making friends.

And don't think that I'm going to hold this against you either. It's your opinion and I can't change that. If you wanted to be friends with me then I'd be happy to.

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »
@Teal, Right. I apologize for what i said, but i just found that downright offensive. I'm not trying to make enemies here. -shrug- I am so not a shortfused person. Everyone has their own opinions here, but some people may just get offended by them. Keep that in mind please. x3

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »
@Teal: Did Kov really say that he didn't want dims? I know he said that about wings and items (Which I have no issue with the wings/items decision) but I've heard nothing about him saying no to Dimensions.

slycan

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:20 pm »
Can't we all just sit back and let Kov do what-ever he does ^^'' ?

It's been less than a week since it's been released. Give the him and the helpers some time.

@ Jazz - What the hell did Teal do to deserve all that? She's just a mod for the forum
And just because the helpers/team doesn't add what ever the heck YOU want to add doesn't mean "they aren't lissening to the community" 99% of FH is from taking ideas from people. For Feck Sake - let there be a "NO" every once in awhile without freaking out into wall-text.

Jazz I thought you had more respect than that - is something wrong? o.O doesn't seem like you..

@Teal - You're doing a good job, don't let some PMSing ranters get to you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:52:06 pm by Slycan »