Author Topic: General advertisments?  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Temptations

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
General advertisments?
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »
Well... I bet tons of you have heard of this suggestion, or game discussion. I've recently come across tons of arguements in the Feral-Heart general chat, and I'm slightly getting ticked off with it as well. The general tab was created mostly for advertising, am I right? Well, there has been a lot of conflict about it, so I just feel like throwing something out there. We should get another tab for advertisments, so both the random child spammers and the advertising caps lock people can all be happy.

Offline hysteriaa

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • "Life is too precious, do not destroy it" -MTeresa
    • View Profile
    • Muse.mu
Re: General advertisments?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:04:41 am »
I agree!! I get so frustrated when people cover up my advertisements with their random talk about justin beiber ect.
And its not like people just 'scroll up' to see you advertisements, because there are many other advertisements and people talking about things to find it. It's not like people even want to scroll up and look all over the place for it anyway.
And we can't take our advertisements to movie clips, because most people don't like clicking on movie clips  + some people dont even know what the banana they are xD.

I get at least 2.5/3 of my people from advertising in general, PLUS you cannot put all the important info about ur rp in a movie clip.

I am tired of hearing about people's personal life, this is the internet for God's sake! And i'm tired of hearing people talk about random things like trolls and cookies, EVEN POLITICS! xD
There should be an 'advertisement' chat. These peeople annoy me so much, and i don't want to block all of them, there are too many! They WILL NOT listen to me or anyone else if you tell them to make a group or talk in local!

Instead I am forced to see their stupid chats & arguments cover up my, & ALL others advertisements.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:42 am »
This was discussed here: https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=7128.0 ages ago.

But yeah, you aren't the only ones who think General Chat has problems X_x

Still sad that nothing has been done about it.

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:35 am »
I agree, and the people who ask "are there any rps out there?" can just take a look at the advertisements instead of sit and wait as random talk slows down and advertisements start up. It's annoying when I'm actually trying to find an rp while everyone is talking about random things. When general dies down, people usually try to revive it and I keep thinking 'Why don't you just meet up somewhere and talk in local instead of drowning all advertisments trying to get an rp started'
So yeah, I agree with you, it's a good idea

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:07:09 am »
I really, really REALLY understand your frustration here guys. But 1 half of the community likes the random talking that is easily seen. And the other half wants to see and post their advertising for roleplays.

There's no doubt about that Advertising share a bigger importance over the maps than random talk does, but it has been proven with the game made the way it is, there's not much we can do to prevent the extreme spam/floods of random talking and yelling that might arrive at times since there's nothing that prevents users from doing this.

Also the fact that the maps are played out the way they are, they are big, and they do not have a good multi route network to move around, so users usually clogg up in a certain map.

I'm sure things can be done to improve the game when it comes to this, but all we can do is suggest changes to kov. This has been discussed in several threads before, and there's always the same result of 2 parties thinking a certain way of how it should be used. I myself made a suggestion idea thread quite a long while ago suggesting how we could tackle this issue, so feel free to read.
https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=12003.0

It's a slightly outdated thread though so feel free to only read the part about the chats. I'm afraid this issue will be present for quite a while cause the changes that must be done must be done to the actual game itself in order for something to happen.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Forever^.~

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:47 pm »
Weeeeell, I see your point Meekata, but having another chat thingy will probably cause more problems, considering the that the spammers would go from spamming General to spamming the Advertisement chat. Personally, i wouldn't mind either way, since i rarely ever participate in RPs, and when i do, i tend to join them, not create them.

Offline Faux

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Faux Loves you <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »
I agree with both statements. Im a regular general and i get quite annoyed when i cant read other posts because they are taken over by advertisements. Although, i also know that some people love the advertisement. Therefore, i cant argue with this point. It doesnt bug me too much, but when people advertise in caps... thats what really makes me a little fustrated. So overall i agree with both. Haha rambling on and on...
  I'm on both forum and game 24/7 ^^. Message me if you need anything, id be happy to help out.

KLegend

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
I support the idea, but as stated before there is no regulation or anything such that prevents people from creating random conversations in the new channel. Great idea, nonetheless. It would certainly be a load off one's mind.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:16:17 pm by KLegend »

Offline Faux

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Faux Loves you <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »
I definitely agree with that, if we did have another section for advertisements. the people who don't want them could just shut them off. It would stop many arguments and questions during general.
  I'm on both forum and game 24/7 ^^. Message me if you need anything, id be happy to help out.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 02:41:29 am »
I will post here as in other threads, moving away the advertising would not sort all problems since general chat would still be on at all times, and be visible at all times for everyone within a map. It would most likely just make the general chat we know of now even more flooded with things that simply do not belong at all. This is something that should be taken away and instead the random chatting should get an own channel that must be turned on/entered in order to get there.

There's too much flooding in general and always has been since nothing has been done about it yet or can be done unless the game is modified slightly when it comes to the chatting.

General chat should really get it's own chat window that must be entered, instead of an abused chat that people must turn off just because they do not like to hear random screams about things that do not belong there.

Cause honestly, screaming about your pet that farted isn't needed, explaining your hate towards jb and get everyone to spam you back isn't needed, scream how bored you are isn't needed, calling out movie spammers, capsers isn't needed etc. Especially if it goes out to the whole map. In the end, the majority of general users are rather careless and seek for cheap entertainment and attention from others because everyone sees general chat unless they turn it off. Something that shouldn't be needed all the time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:45:44 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart