Author Topic: Anyone else notice this?  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Grayshadow

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Anyone else notice this?
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:13:13 am »
The same height map is used for at least 2 maps. (Ancension island,Lonely Cave, and Bonfire Island). Kinda weird.
~Sakiko~ - 'Hope Blossom Child'

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: -60
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else notice this?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:32 am »
Totally

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:17:41 pm »
The users demanded more maps, so Kov added them, yes.. they aren't very detailed but what do you expect?
The members didn't give him any time to be creative.
There were tons of threads in the Game Ideas board, where users wrote that they want new maps. So he speed-made the maps.
With no time to make new height maps or masks. He will replace the old maps when he has the time.(:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:10:07 am »
Lazy and rushed work honestly, and personally I find these maps far out of line and should've instead stayed out of the game since they didn't help that much or provide something that the game actually needs.

I had a long text about the maps in the game here, but I do not think it would help much right now. Just that pretty much the majority of the maps is a rushed job with no real enthusiasm put into them(Acension and skysrim is an exception to me). Most maps should be replaced in the future honestly cause they feel like dead space instead of an actual living and fun world that should be possible to create with the tools given.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:09 pm »
People also say that Acsension Island is the most unfair map because of how you can't fly to the top but I find it pretty fun jumping down and restarting. it gives me a challenge and something to do. I agree the maps should have stayed out but the people got what they wanted! More maps! Lazy maps. I understand clearly why Kov didn't do much work on the maps because of the childish behavior of the members wanting more maps. Some people just don't understand that Kov has other things to do and not just sit at his computer or laptop all day, working on maps for the greedy people.

Offline Necromancy

• Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 03:55:42 pm »
In my opinion, it serves people right that the maps aren't perfectly detailed with new height maps.
Seriously? Do we have an actual right to make Kovu make us more maps? Nay, because not a single one of us has paid to play this game. Kovu was extremely kind in giving this game out free of charge, and we really shouldn't push our luck like we do. Seeing as he gets no money out of this, obviously he will have a job and lots of other things to do. It's not fair on him if we complain about the game and insist he make more maps.
In truth, I think he shouldn't have put up the maps; either that or taken as long as he liked making them and ignoring the impatient people pestering him.

What might've been a better idea, though, is if there's a map competition or something, and then Kovu could have just added the winning maps into the game. That would save time and Kovu having to make maps.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:09:59 pm »
With all right we should be able to get decent maps.

One of the inpatient people pestering could be seen as me since I confronted him about the maps in the game when hearing countless of people talking about how unhappy they were about this, but also knowing how much the maps play a role when it comes to keeping a player engaged to the game itself. There is no thought going into the FeralHeart world and the maps until lately when it was changed around slightly, but even so it's still rather effort less.

This might sound selfish but just to get a point across I'm getting rather tired of hearing this, pushing our luck and that kov is extremely busy to do anything. He made the game and he might not how that much time, this is something we should keep in mind, but he's not alone having a life.. I do not have the know-how and brains to make a game like FH, but me and others spend many hours into taking care of the whole community, and we have a server master that take care of the server and site at the same time as he takes care of his life. We can not insist he makes more maps, but we can insist we are allowed to help, which I kindly got a clarification of just a few months ago regarding this and things are shaping up.

It's all about how interested and how much you want to help others, I used to work full time myself but still I managed to log on and deal with whatever was needed from my part +some more. Being busy is a legit excuse but not forever. Nothing were done about the maps until a few months back, and the only reason for this is because it's a 1 way road, nothing will happen unless we go and show and explain what needs to be done, still a hard nut to crack however.

A map competition would not work as far as I concern since communication is needed, something we here seem solitary responsible for since we do not get that much back. The reason why we haven't got any proper map updates is because no one have really tried to make it happen. Another thing is that just adding maps into the game would not solve some of the problems.

We had a talk with kov though, and things that moved forward are now still in progress when it comes to this, so right now I personally got no bigger right to demand any maps for good reasons, but we all deserve something better and hopefully we will get this if everything goes smoothly. This is what I myself and others personally work and aim for around here.

So what would proper maps bring the game and community? It would bring interest and give excitement among us all. It would bring will needed changes and steps forward even if it was experimenting. We'd actually improve server performance if it was done in a great way and actually get less rule breakers(I can explain if it's not understandable). So pretty much make the game better from both the players and the mods standpoint, and if not even that, wanting to do something about things pointed out.

It might serve some people right if we tilt and bend the situation when it comes to the maps, but some did not deserve this at all and actually deserve better.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:11:38 pm by Red »

Offline Necromancy

• Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
Of course I understand that the staff are working a lot harder than Kovu, but even so, we can't demand he make maps for us. It's like going up to an artist and demanding they paint pictures and give them to you for free.
Sure, he made the game and definitely should be a lot more active on the forums and progress of it, but he might not even want to work on the game any further. I know I'm no better.
I'm very loyal to things I enjoy, such as FeralHeart, but if I made a site when I was, say, 12, and people were still joining it when I was 20 and asking me to do things and be active, I wouldn't even want to respond (exaggerated example).
Honestly, I just don't think it's fair that we push him to make us more stuff. True, he has a huge responsibility for this game, but maybe he doesn't even /want/ that responsibility.
This is just out of thought, seeing as I've no idea what Kovu's like, but maybe he doesn't want the responsibility of the whole game and making hundreds of people happy constantly. If he shut down FeralHeart completely, he'd get even more hate e-mails and spam.

I'm not saying that he's busier than our staff; the admins and mods do loads for this game; way more than Kovu's done, but I don't think it's fair on him that we push him to keep working on this game, because he might just want to forget about FeralHeart.
Or, as some people say, he's just lazy. o.e

CloudFish

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »
If he's tired of it, he should pass it off. There's too much put into this community for him to just "give up" while people are willing to assist him.

However, I think if this truly was the case he would have did so by now.

And while I see both points of Red's and Necro's points, I'm leaning more towards Red's, simply because it seems there are certain members who are seemingly putting out more effort to further the game than Kov.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:10:00 pm by CloudFish »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 08:59:46 pm »
Honestly doesn't cut if you ask me.

He doesn't have to be the one taking the extra miles in this case, if things are just explained properly and the goal of what needs to be put into place is clear others can do the majority of the work map wise. The mod FeralHeart+ is a fine example of how easy it is to put maps into the game and this was done by working around things into the center.

I feel like I'm sounding rude already, I'd try to more things out if this wasn't the case, but Kov doesn't have to be spending lots of time into the maps and never had to be if that's not understandable already. He's actually the one who decides about the maps and who is allowed to help and what is good enough and what is not. He's not forced to make any map, it's truthfully far from.

Without going onto details, I just have a hard time understanding some of the actions done for the game when the choice seemed to be clear. I'm going to point out here that communication is needed but also some will to make things happen, maybe we all are to blame for that, but without it, FH will not move anywhere.

~~~~
To cloudfeesh

The thing is that we need our Kov, he's the only one that knows his game and is able to make some some changes actually happen. Without him we are not much since he's the one that decide the majority of the part whether or not FeralHeart should move forward.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:03:59 pm by Red »