Author Topic: Rankaid Wolf Pack - Binding the Wires of Life (Accepting! Literate Forum RP)  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile

Post 1 - Information
Post 2 - Application format and Rules
Post 3 - Member List

Welcome to the Rankaid pack, an active, long-term FH Forum roleplay. Since I cannot go in-game, and I don't really know how to create websites, I suppose the roleplay will be done on Forums. This idea was stuck in my head for quite awhile now, and I'd really like to see how it works out. I have high hopes for this pack.

INFORMATION

The Rankaid (RAN-kyed) wolf pack is made up of several species of wolf, along with different personalities and traits. Each of these wolves have ranks, many of which seem familiar. But their territory, though large, is inhabited by many predators. The wolves of Rankaid struggle to survive through the seasons.

Can you survive in the wilderness?

RANKS

Alpha
Alpha is the lead male of the pack. Only one male, mate to Alphess.

Alphess
Alphess is the lead female of the pack. Only one female, mate to Alpha.

Beta
Beta is the practical second-in-command. They lead most hunting trips. Only one male or female.

Healer
Healer, well, assists the pack and treats injuries or sicknesses. Only one male or female.

Healer's Apprentice
The Healer mentors this Apprentice to use herbs and treat wounds. Only one male or female.

Fighters
The ones who protect the pack from invaders and such. Both genders.

Mothers
The Mothers are those who are nursing pups or expecting them. Only females.

Apprentices
The fighters in-training. They have mentors that teach them how to be full members of the pack. Both genders.

Pups
Wolf pups. They are not Apprentices yet; they get that rank at four moons, but they are treated kindly by all members. Both genders.

Elders
Retired wolves that can now live the rest of their lives in peace. Both genders.

Omegas
The lowest rank in the pack. Most likely to be loners at first, then they join as an Omega. They are treated rudely by most wolves, and are known as the outcasts. Both genders.

MAP INFORMATION

(Sorry it's so big...)
Verdant Creek = White dot
Glacier Point = Cyan dot
Arch Valley = Neon green dot
Life Forest = Yellow dots (Life Forest covers the whole area of the south part)
Limestone Cavern = Navy blue dot (At the bottom of Glacier Point)
Pack Dens = Red dot
Hunting Grounds = Orange areas (NOTE - Prey is found in the whole territory ground, but these are regular hunting areas)
AREAS

Verdant Creek
A marshy area of the territory where the water is a clear blue-green due to the moss spreading at a swift rate. Located stretching from the southwest of the turf to the northeast. Main water source.

Glacier Point
Mountainous terrain located in the northwest. When near the summit, ice is noticeable. Auroras occur frequently, signaling pack meetings and howling. The bottom is unusually warm.

Arch Valley
Arch Valley is located near the middle of the territory. It is surrounded by oak and the occasional willow. A stone arch is found in the center.

Life Forest
Practically where the Rankaid pack roosts. Stone and bramble dens are scattered among the woods, close together, but not too close. Many prey gather for shelter here when it storms.

Limestone Cavern
As the name suggests, it is covered in a thin layer of limestone, making the tunnels shine with an emerald glow. A pond is located in the depths of the cave, reflecting the limestone off of the surface of the water to illuminate the entire cave. The occasional plant life grows here. Found at the bottom of Glacier Point.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:51:27 pm by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Rules

- Treat the host of this thread, and the members, with equal respect.
- After atleast three posts, wait for the others to catch up.
- Please use realistic pictures for your character. That means, no sparkledogs. This is a realistic pack, apart from wolves talking.
- No cussing, descriptive mating, or anything related to that. It will not be tolerated.
- No OOC fighting/arguing.
- Please be descriptive on your application and roleplay posts.
- You can be the biggest bully ever in the roleplay, but don't boss or bully anyone else out of character!
- No pup killers.
- Do not control another's character.
- No powerplaying, autohits, or anything like that.
- I don't really recommend, but theme songs are allowed, just keep the lyrics clean!
- Please put "Howl" in the Extra part of your application for proof that you've read the rules.

APPLICATION

Name: (What is your character's name?)
Personality: (What is your character's attitude like?)
History*: (How did your character grow up?)
Description*: (If you don't have a picture, what does your character look like?)
Mate*: (Does your character have a mate? If so, who is it?)
Offspring*: (Does your character have pups? If so, who are they?)
RP Example: (Write a roleplay post example!)
Extra*: (Anything else?)

NOTE - Any fields marked with * are OPTIONAL.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:49:51 pm by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
MEMBER LIST

ALPHA
---

ALPHESS

~.Christina.~

Name: Cypress (SIGH-press)
Personality: Cypress is very kind and gentle-- most of the time. She's new to this Alphess rank, and can get confused easily, but despite that, she is calm and collected as a leader.
History: Cypress was pack-born in the Rankaid. She grew up knowing both of her parents, but she had no siblings; she is now the Alphess of the Rankaid wolf pack.
Description: A pure white she-wolf with a few streaks of silvery black near her rump. Almost transparent pale-blue eyes.
Mate: N/A
Offspring: N/A
RP Example:

A lithe figure stood tall near the riverbanks. Water raged, making soft whitecaps beside the edges of the bank. Cypress breathed in the sharp scent of the soaked stones and bulrushes, the river calming her fast-beating heart as she noticed again that she was a leader. It wasn't long ago that the previous ones died of sickness, and the Alphess's brain ached just to think about it. Grief tore at her stomach like freezing claws, twisting her digestive system until it burned. Despite her mourning, Cypress moved along the rivers beside the forest and plains in a single-wolf patrol.

Extra: N/A

BETA

Kasai

Name: Cleto
Personality: Stereotypical old man; He is light hearted and lenient towards the pups but he believes that no one older than a pup should behave recklessly. He will quickly remind them that they are the examples for the pups. Despite his age, he won't hesitate to snarl at a member or snap at them to act their age.
History*: Used to belong to a clan called Opal Clan since he was a pup. He grew up and became a warrior/fighter. Humans killed off/scattered this clan and he found his way here to use his knowledge of helping in packs to aid in this one. He will respect his leader, even though he out-ages her, but he won't forget to point out mistakes or flaws to her as far as planning or leadership goes.
Mate*: Aria (deceased, killed in the human attack of his previous group)
Offspring*: Kallie, Milo (deceased, killed in the human attack of his previous group)
RP Example: [Taken from an Opal Clan rp] Obi looked over to Rook and smiled slightly, impressed by his last statement. If there were two things the wolf treasured most it was courage and commitment. Although Rook had abandoned his last pack, the fact that he was able to admit his faults and vow to better himself made a good impression on Obi. The old wolf and the leader then looked over to the only feline member of their clan who seemed to have an accent in her voice, something Obi could relate to as his words weren't always understood with his southern dialect. With both of the histories revealed it was obvious the two other wolves could relate, their loved ones being wiped out by humans as well. "Well, Rook and Shanhua, we welcome you to the clan. I'm very sorry to hear that no one from your pack or family were able to be here to provide you comfort but we'll do our best to be as much as a comfort to you as possible. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to talk to either myself or Obi," he spoke, looking over to the medic who nodded his head in agreement.
Extra*: HOOOOOWL~ 8D

HEALER

Dr??m

Name: Morning
Rank: Healer, if that isn't possible, fighter is alright.
Personality: Morning can be hostile, but sometimes she can be extremely nice. There are times when she fumes up, taking her anger out of everyone, and she's easily annoyed.
Description*: Picture coming soon.
Morning is a black wolf, with piercing blue eyes.
RP Example: -The young, muscular female walked swiftly through the unknown territory. Every once and a while, she'd stand, head pointed in the air as she scented for any signs of wolves, or possibly dead meat that she could feed off of. Obviously knowing there was nothing around, she pressed on, shaking her fur.-
-Pausing, sniffing the air, the female started to walk steadily. Something was following her. She was sure of it. All of the sudden, out of the shadows, came a voice. "Hello, youngster..." The voice said. Shrinkig back, the female slowly walked away from the shadow. Turning, she ran off.-
 Extra: Howl! c:

HEALER'S APPRENTICE
---

FIGHTERS
---

APPRENTICES
---

PUPS
---

ELDERS
---

OMEGAS
---
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:54:23 am by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Bump, open for applications! c:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:11:44 pm by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Bump to keep the thread alive.

Also, I've added some areas with clearer description. Either I'll make a map for the territory soon, or I could just add pictures for certain areas.

ヌ - ド ル

Moonheart01

Name: Morning
Rank: Healer, if that isn't possible, fighter is alright.
Personality: Morning can be hostile, but sometimes she can be extremely nice. There are times when she fumes up, taking her anger out of everyone, and she's easily annoyed.
Description*: Picture coming soon.
Morning is a black wolf, with piercing blue eyes.
RP Example: -The young, muscular female walked swiftly through the unknown territory. Every once and a while, she'd stand, head pointed in the air as she scented for any signs of wolves, or possibly dead meat that she could feed off of. Obviously knowing there was nothing around, she pressed on, shaking her fur.-
-Pausing, sniffing the air, the female started to walk steadily. Something was following her. She was sure of it. All of the sudden, out of the shadows, came a voice. "Hello, youngster..." The voice said. Shrinkig back, the female slowly walked away from the shadow. Turning, she ran off.-
 Extra: Howl! c:

If you need me to edit anything, I will.^^

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Yay! I got a reply! 8D
Accepted; I'll put Morning on the Members List. c: We can start if one more person applies, I suppose.

ヌ - ド ル

Moonheart01

xD Ok. I won't be able to be on at 11:00, if we get one more reply. Currently, I'm watching The Muppets.^-^ Also, I'm not feeling so well lately. So, there's a slight change I might be inactive. >:|

Offline Kasai

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
WIP App~ Question: Is the beta position open or is it a "you have to earn it" type of deal? =)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
@Dr??m Oh, it's alright. I don't think the roleplay will go one-hundred miles per hour, haha. I even thought this thread would die without members at all! xD Anyways, if we get another member, I'll be sure to put the roleplay on hold after a few posts, if any at all. c:

@Kasai
Beta is free; you don't have to earn it. ^^

Also, I've made a map sketch-type-of-thingymabob on Adobe Photoshop Elements that includes details and terrain information. It'll be uploaded on the Information post as soon as I finish it, teehee~ c:

Edit;; I've added the map sketch. I hope it's helpful! c:

I'M SO HAPPEH I GOT MEMBERS ;w;
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:30:20 am by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル