Author Topic: Lets talk about antimate beggers!  (Read 8373 times)

Nasanta

Lets talk about antimate beggers!
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:25:27 pm »
   Don't jump to conclutions! I am not a mate begger hater! I am a mate begger, and I don't want to be called one.
It is not a nice name.
                     "Antimate beggers" is a term I made up for people who are against mate begging.
           So before a weding every one was fine and never used the term mate begging but when I came back all of feral heart (But the florite plains and the lonely cave) had at least had one Antimate begger playing at a time! One is enough! I am tired of antimate beggers. It just dosn't seem right! Unless your beging mean or gross there is no rule against it. The only time they will let you pass is if you talk a person into being a mate. That terns the whole thing into some wolfy or feline romance! Asking for a mate is what wolves and feilines do in the wild!
                             If you agree with these turms join PAAMB, Protests Against AntiMate Beging. If we get more supporters than we can end this and then lets see if they agree with us! 

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Lets talk about antimate beggers!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
  Most people dislike it because it can be categorised as Spam, It sometimes turns into rule breaking, and it bothers other users. They are called mate beggars because that is what they do, they beg. I recently watched one, who followed someone around, constantly spamming, "Wanna be my mate" Yes, some are decent, but there actually aren't that many good ones, at least as far as I have seen, and as far as the community seems to have experienced. Some get nasty if you turn them down, some are just creepy and some do it to break rules (AKA the no buttswinging/mating/raping rule.)

And Mate begging has been termed ever since the game began, it is just that recently it is coined more often, and in a more broad way than before. Now any one who is just looking for a mate is termed a mate beggar, when really they are not. A true mate beggar is someone who spams and bothers and irritates everyone in a map in their constant crying for a mate. They follow people constantly asking to mate despite being told no. If that is what you are doing then yes, you are a mate beggar, and people are going to be irritated by your behaviour. But if you are not spamming the chats with "wanna be my mate" or following people, whispering random people and generally bothering EVERYONE in your vicinity, then you are truly not a mate beggar and it is a case of people over reacting. Now just asking to roleplay with a specific gender character can have people screaming mate beggar at you.

I do not think people have mate beg should get off the game, nor the opposite, and the "antimate beggars" should get lost, I just think BOTH parties need to calm down. The mate beggars for going to extremes just to find a mate, and the "antimate beggars" reacting to even the SLIGHTEST hint of looking for a mate.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:36 pm »
Kyugima is right. There are Mate Beggars, and then there are people who ask for mates.
Asking for a protest against Anti-MateBeggars is practically asking to divide the community and have people fight with each other.
Generally not a good idea.
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:06 pm »
Kyugima is right. There are Mate Beggars, and then there are people who ask for mates.
Asking for a protest against Anti-MateBeggars is practically asking to divide the community and have people fight with each other.
Generally not a good idea.

Heck with generally, never seems like a good idea to me. Agree with both Kyugima and Galiou.

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:17:26 pm »
'Anti-mate beggers' and 'mini-mods' in general peeve me off. Why people can't screenshot rule-breakers, report them and then let that be the end of it is beyond me. Because screaming at people just disrupts the peace further, not to mention making you look rather prudent. Asking for a mate is an advertisement, just like any other and should be respected as such, not flamed against. SPAMMING is an ENTIRELY different thing, as is harassment and should be dealt with accordingly via report, not by flapping your arms and going: 'GASP. MATE BEGGER KILLLIITTTT'.

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:25:06 pm »
I can understand both sides to this argument.

I'm not going to stand here and say I haven't rolled my eyes at a mate beggar. Most of them are short-termed; one-night-stands, in other words. They don't want a long-term rp relationship. Just "OKAY WERE MAREED LETS GET KIDS", and then they start pup/cub begging.

On the other hand, it does seems like a fast way to get someone to rp with you - readable language be damned.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Nasanta

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »
I think you guys make a good point! I Am not a mate begger and I don't harass people for mates. I just simply ask them and if they say no or don't realply they tend not to be my mate. Here's an exsample of me.

<Nasanta> Is anyone looking for a female mate? I am realistic, active, and litterate! Wisper Nasanta!

<Exsample 1> MATE BEGGER! OMG!!!!!!! DIE DIE!!!!

<Nasanta> Hu?

<Exsample 2> Nasanta stop mate begging!

<Nasanta> Why? I don't understand!

<Example 3> You're mate beging and it just pisses us off!

<Example 1> Mate beging is a form of spamming! Just stop saying so mutch!
   I only say it like three times a day!

Thats advritiseing! but watch this! These are the days when feral heart is nice and peaceful and there are no antimate beggers who look for fauls mate beggers.

<Nasanta> Anyone looking for a realistic female mate? Wisper Nasanta!

<Example 4> Need a mate! Were are you?

I tend to wisper the tradditional way!

<Example 4> At the cape portal!

<Example 4> Ok

Soon they tend to stop playing and i half to remove them from my freind list or they just remove me and go start a roleplay of there own but here is a true mate begger!

<Example 5> Bye guys, I'm going to work on my map!

<Randomwolf> Example 5, wana be mates

<Example 5> No thanks!

<Randomwolf> PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

<Example 5>No! Please exsept that!

<Randomwolf> I really really want to be mates!

<Example 5> Stop stalking me random wolf!

<Randomwolf> I'm sending you requests and you're not aswering them!:(

There was probly a sad end for Randomwolf! Random wolf deid (got banned) as a true mate mate begger. :D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:27:47 pm by Maggie »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:34:13 pm »
First example, example three, report, they'd get banned for that XD

Here's an example for random wolf that makes people hate mate beggars so much XD

randomwolf:whana be my mate?
randomwolf: whana be my mate???
randomwolf: Whana be my mate?
Example 1: Please stop spamming

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Nasanta

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »
That's an even worse mate beggar! You really know about mate begging! And thanks for telling me a am not a true mate beggar! When they see me ask for mates the bully me witch isn't fair! Do you think I can report them? I don't mean you cuase you don't accuse people for asking for a mate but maybe we can report the antimate beggars who accuse fuals mate beggars?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:16:08 pm by Maggie »

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »
Actually, this happened to me once:

Me: Yo, Friend, wanna go and join a rp in Flourite?
 "Friend": Can everyone download maps?
 Real Friend: YEa, we both can
 "Friend": Alrighty, can everyone be my mate?
 Real Friend and Me: O_O WHA
 "Friend": Yea, my charrie is mate-less, and I need a mate!
 Both of us: No, thank you...
 "Friend": Please
 Both: No
 "Friend": Please?
 Both: N-O!
 "Friend": PWWEEEZZZ???!!!!!!
 Both: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 "Friend": Ur a bunch of bitches! You piss meh off! Don't you want a little romance in your fucking life??!! *deletes them both and puts on ignores list*

And that was it. That was total mate begging. o.O