Author Topic: Darker at Night?  (Read 7993 times)

Offline Beasty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Darker at Night?
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:00 am »
 I'm sorry if this idea is not possible with coding or it's already been asked for. So I was talking with my rp buddies and we we discussing FH's night. And I brought up the idea of FH's objects to turn darker at night. Such as irl when it's dark you can't see trees or animal's that well. But in FH the terrain and objects are real easy to see.It would make the roleplaying much more realistic, such as dark wolves blending in to the night and not just being as plain to see as it would be in day. This is just an idea, and like I said, I'm sorry if the coding won't allow it.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Darker at Night?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:34 am »
That's actually a fantastic idea. I would love it if FH's graphics in general were just a bit more realistic-- maybe someday we'll get what we wish for, yeah? c:

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:31 am »
I honestly agree, I wish the FH nights were darker. And perhaps things that glow are brighter at night as well, that would be cool too.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Cynder999

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 06:27:40 am »
Although I love the idea, it's whether or not anybody will do anything about it. I wish it were darker at night, but who knows if anybody will change it or not. It would be great for FH's realism and graphics though

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:43:22 am »
I love this Idea and honestly agree that it should be darker of a night time. It would add more realism to the game and make things a little more interesting great idea friend.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:42 am »
Wonderful idea, we definitely should add that in the future sometime. I don't see it as being a problem for coding, doesn't seem that hard to produce. Then again, I have no idea. :D It would probably be funner if you were trying to find people in the dark, like a game or something and can make FH more realistic. :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »
Kitty eyes glow well in dark, taking creeping to a whole new levelz.

I like this idea as well and I think I will add it to a thread I have laying around. Darker nights and brigher reflections and moonlight would've been something REALLY setting a great touch to a game like this.

Anything to make the world seem more lively is a big plus and I'm not sure this idea has been mentioned before.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 04:28:39 am »
I would love a more darker night on Feralheart. Great idea! I think at the moment Feralheart could do with some more realistic features.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 01:08:11 am »
It should be darker. It feels so unrealistic to see everything out in the distance, when in real life, it is harder to see things. They should make it darker, so RPing can be easier.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:04:11 am »
I definately like the idea. In real life I am a night person and I tend to be more active in game when it is night since I just like that atmosphere better. It would be nicer to see a darker night so we could blend into our surroundings maybe even add night sound effects like crickets, owl hoots, and frog song by the river bed and glowing eyes at night like Red said. It would surely add to the effect and realism of the game.