Author Topic: My FeralHeart isn't working. Ideas?  (Read 13707 times)

JackobLoveu

Re: My FeralHeart isn't working. Ideas?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »
Courtney, if your having trouble I suggested you make your own thread. Anyway, to your problem, maybe trying to Un-install or re-install -shrugs- I suggested you pick un-install, so when if finished, you simply delete it and re-download it. -shrugs- c:

warriorsanderagon

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:47 pm »
i cant even log in! when I type in my info (and its all right, i checked) it says 'Incorrect username or password. (5 failed attempts causes 15min ban)' what can i do to make it work?

JackobLoveu

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Adrna, if your having trouble, I suggested you make your own thread. :3 Anyway to your problem, For the 5 tries or it is a 15min ban, you need to wait 15mins and the password, it needs to be 16 characters.

Offline Canine1515

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 05:13:01 am »
Okay I'm pretty annoyed with this problem, not going to lie. So, I have been playing FH for a couple of moths now, its been working fine, until about a week ago. I sat down at my mac to play and as soon as I clicked the FH icon it opened for about half a second and then disappeared. Its SO frustrating. I have to download and install the game each time I want to play and sometimes THAT doesn't even work. I am upset I can't play and I can't fix this problem :( If  ANYONE who has a mac and has experienced this PLEASE HELP MEH! :(

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:19:15 am »
Okay I'm pretty annoyed with this problem, not going to lie. So, I have been playing FH for a couple of moths now, its been working fine, until about a week ago. I sat down at my mac to play and as soon as I clicked the FH icon it opened for about half a second and then disappeared. Its SO frustrating. I have to download and install the game each time I want to play and sometimes THAT doesn't even work. I am upset I can't play and I can't fix this problem :( If  ANYONE who has a mac and has experienced this PLEASE HELP MEH! :(

Please made your own thread Sophie for your own Feralheart problems. I do not have a mac but I can list some things that you might find helpful.

- You may need to delete then [re-download[/b] the Feralheart folder.
- Try removing any new files you might have downloaded and added to Feralheart.
- Check your Particles, My_objects, Sky folder for any particle files with a _0 or _1 at the end and delete them.
- Try downloading the latest patch for mac.
- Try switching your rendering system:

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:20:55 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Annagrace163

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Known as Zai. c:
    • View Profile
    • The Vorpal Packs (Made by me)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:45 pm »
Please no double or triple posting. Try downloading Microsoft Visual C++. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555  --- It restores your lost files. Most likely, you probably lost the Ogre file. Just download the Microsoft Visual, then your problem (hopefully) will be taken care of. Also, when your downloading other programs it will restore the lost files. So it will help with everything else, not just the FH problem. Microsoft Visual is your friend c:. Hope this helps!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »
Please no double or triple posting. Try downloading Microsoft Visual C++. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555  --- It restores your lost files. Most likely, you probably lost the Ogre file. Just download the Microsoft Visual, then your problem (hopefully) will be taken care of. Also, when your downloading other programs it will restore the lost files. So it will help with everything else, not just the FH problem. Microsoft Visual is your friend c:. Hope this helps!

Can I just say but Microsoft Visual is a program used for programming/coding games, programs etc. It doesn't restore lost programs. I actually use Microsoft Visual to code/compile IT servers.

Offline Annagrace163

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Known as Zai. c:
    • View Profile
    • The Vorpal Packs (Made by me)
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »
I'm saying files, Ingredient. Then again, I could be wrong. From what I've seen of it, it has restored some of my lost files.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »
I'm saying files, Ingredient. Then again, I could be wrong. From what I've seen of it, it has restored some of my lost files.

Lol, I meant files cx I was just giving a brief example of what it's used for. Not sure how you would restore anything with the program though, I use it and I cannot see any options/buttons to restore anything.

Are you sure you aren't talking about a different Microsoft Visual program? The one you linked to runs programs that require MV for computers that don't have MV installed. If that makes sense ^-^