Author Topic: || The Land of 'Hoole || Guardians of Ga'Hoole RP (Open and Accepting!)  (Read 41517 times)

Offline Theobear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
(No.. I'm asking.. what Tacita should do then).
After all this time?
                          ~ALWAYS

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile

Artemisia

The small Spotted Owl flew her way to one of the nearby lecture branches, feeling the soft, yet churing wind blow through her feathers as she followed the ever eager Barn Owl. "Everyone's been waiting for us, Artie! I'm worried that the ryb will leave us out of today's lesson! You see that storm up ahead? Beautiful, isn't it? I'll bet all my milkberry tarts that we'll find one of those tumblebones in there!" He joked, chattering on to his friend. Artemisia shivered. Why would Agomar want to find a tumblebones? Aren't they supposed to be really dangerous? The ryb always said never to go in one, for it meant being spun endlessly to death.

"Don't scare me like that, Agomar. You know tumblebones aren't safe.."
"Heh-heh! Sorry, Artie. Storms like that really excite me like that, though! Maybe one day I learn to fly through one and come out unharmed! Wouldn't that be great, Artie?"
"If you say so..."

"Huh, is something bothering you?" Asked the Barn Owl, slowing down a bit to get a better gaze into Artemisia's dark eyes. "What? No, not at all." She answered quietly. "You slept in awefully late though, Artie! Your usually the first one to arrive at that old owl's lectures!" Agomar remarked. "Well, I don't know, Aggie, maybe something is bothering me, but look, I don't want to talk about it, okay? Let's just get to the lesson..." The Spotted Owl said in an almost glum, and annoyed tone.

Matthias

The hawk gave a sigh of content as he perched amongst one of the many branches that the Ga'Hoole Tree offered for him to perch on, one that was particularly in a high area of the tree, away from curious and confused eyes of young owls who wondered why there was a bird like him in a place like this. This place wasn't just for owls though, right? There were plenty of reptilian nursemaids that served themselves to owls, and only owls. He didn't mind that; he felt pride in being able to tend to his nest with his mate and with no assistance of any other creature.

Feeling relief for having removed that weight of his report from his wings, Matthias could now take a moment to rest before making his departure home. He had already asked for Nimrod and his family to guard Dahlia and the nest while he was absent, so Matthias felt in no rush to leave. So, he let himself relax, using the moment to observe the many clouds that hung over the sunset, spying the sun, and that beautiful harsh glow within the distance; the sky was a beautiful sight to behold.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline LuinLasse

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Aimi was now with a group of other young owls, perched along a series of branches that were shielded from the wind by a thick mat of leaves and twigs.

The small saw-whet owl listened to all the chatter - a few male owls frivling, sometimes giving a female a flower or a milkberry tart that they'd saved, or a small bunch of owls listening to a story of a scroom said to haunt the Ga'Hoole tree.

Aimi chuckled. For being such a young owl, she wasn't interested in frivling or storytelling. She just liked peace and quiet, especially the kind just before a storm. At that time, she always liked to just sit in silence and watch the approaching clouds, staring at their dark banks as they rolled closer.

((Thank goodness for Ga'Hoole glossaries. xD))

Braith, after finishing his training and returning to his mentor, was allowed to go back to the tree. His breast feathers were sooty from diving hurriedly towards the coal-pedestal, and his lower-legs were stained gray from the work.

Shaking his entire body, he let out some of the soot and grime into a cloud, just like earlier. He knew that a storm was coming in, and he had arrived just in time to see the spectacular view of its first ominous front. Braith settled on a relatively high branch, his talons grasping the smooth bark gently.

"I'll bet all my milkberry tarts that we'll find one of those tumblebones in there!"

Braith heard a small barn owl exclaim this, and he swiveled his head  to look at them, large black eyes blinking. It had been Braith's childhood dream to be able to fly through all sorts of weather, but he knew it was nearly impossible for anyone to survive a Tumblebone, even at a young age. The masked owl turned back to look at the storm, wondering if there really were going to be any Tumblebones in it.

((I'm trying to get my characters to mix a little with the others, so.... :P lol))

Fioralba found her way down to the infirmary; it was a place she enjoyed to coil up and sleep since it was so peaceful, and she felt an aura of healing around the place. Not that she needed it. She just enjoyed the feel.

The small grass snake smiled as she heard a young owlet playing with an Owlipoppen. She turned her head as if she could actually see the little chick. It was situated in a small nest full of the down its parents had plucked out for it to be kept warm and comfortable.

It made Fioralba sad to smell the scent of Gray Scale emanating from the little owl. It was a condition where the feathers turned a dull, hideous gray and start falling out as if the owl were molting... Except they didn't grow back. Well, not for a long time, anyway.

Fioralba turned her thoughts away from the owlet. She could do this without guilt since she knew it was under good care. The nest-maid curled up and lowered the clear lid that covered her sightless eyes in sleep.

Rei gazed deeply into the reflective stone in her little hollow, staring at her face. But she was thinking about Nyra and Kludd, not her vanity. The young Pure One absentmindedly fiddled with the battle claws that every one of them was given as basic equipment. Better ones could be worked or paid for.

Briefly, Rei could almost see Nyra in the mirror-like surface, just because her thoughts were so focused on her. Questions that she would never dare to ask - ask anyone for that matter - raced through her mind, wrapping around her gizzard like a swirling wind constricting around an injured owl in flight.

((Couldn't think of much for Rei to be doing. :P))

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
(Oi, tell me about it.)

"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Bump~
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
"Now, tilt sideways so only the tips of your battle claws are being dragged in the fire! And don't go divebombing into it unless you're prepared!"

Athena heard her mentor giving out orders, though just barely due to the flames roaring in her ears. She felt a twinge in her gizzard, excitement fulfilling her as she dove down a bit lower, following the snowy owl. Heat burned her face and stung her eyes, causing a few coughs or wheezes, but she knew she'd get used to it before long. With a few extra flaps of her wings she trailed after the older owl, teetering dangerously close to the raging hurricane of fire. "Are you sure about this?" she called up, her yellow eyes glancing to where the white bird was swooping and diving near the flames.

"Of course! You need to learn this before anything else! Now, try to find a shallow spot where the flames are not at its thickest!"

"Right!" Athena responded, her eyes rapidly wandering around the vortex. Now, where would that be? was the question she was about to ask, though she was pretty sure she'd get a good scolding for that. The tips of her feathers were already singed as she swooped up and down, wary of how close she was to being engulfed.

((Going to post Araflame in my next.

@Soul
Sure. c:

I have a plot idea for Athena, maybe her mentor could get killed in the battle, and a new one could be chosen. I know, pretty bland isn't it? xD))

ヌ - ド ル

SoulRevenge

"Tyra, Get to that Ryb!" Shinitagari screeteched, darting upwards because the gaurdiams were still abit higher up than them. His battle-claws nearly snagged against another Barn Owl, though he knew for sure it was a simple collier-in-training, and didin't bother continueing his fight with her. With a quick battle-cry, he joined Tyra into the task of pushing the ryb into the swirling spiral of flames. It was quite hard to get him into those though, he was obviously trained well and knew what he was doing around fire. But that didn't matter to Shinitagari, he was much better than him.

"You can do better than that Shinigami!" Tyra shouted at Shinitagari, who was obviously not giving this his all, but Tyra actually wondered, did this owl actually need to give this his all? Probaly not, he was very expirienced in battle for such a youngster, and the way he flew threw the flames, his wings not even nearly touching the flames was as perfect as the ryb. Tyra's training claws slashed at the ryb, who hastily losed alltitued abit. With Tyra ontop of the ryb, and Shinitagari on both sides, the old man would have nowhere to go but into the flames.

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile

Name: Eirian
Species: Barn Owl (Tyto Alba)
Clan: Guardians of Ga'Hoole
Personality: This owl is determined to prove herself and will stop at nothing to finish a task. Sometimes she can get carried away, but she always means well. Eirian isn't a very smooth talker, but she is extremely well-versed in the ways of maneuvering and working with coals. She can't stand being still for long (of course, not including sleep) and always looks for things to do. Her favorite is to go out on important missions or errands with the other colliers.
History: Eirian was taken from her parents at a very young age and brought to be trained as a Pure One. Her name was 'Silver' because of a thick gray splotch running down her back, starting from her brow. She was perfect material for one of the Pure Ones and was just beginning to fly when something in her gizzard switched. From then on, she knew she could never join their ranks, and she somehow managed to escape with the help of a group of sooty owls working in the Canyons and some luck. The king and queen of the Ga'Hoole tree renamed her, since most young owls from the Canyons hates their name, as it reminds them of the place.
Siblings: None, she was an only-hatchling
Crush: None
Offspring: None
Mate: None
Extra: The dark gray feathers down her back have always been there and always will be. Some might think they're ugly, but she doesn't care. She works with coals and fires anyways, so she has ash in her feathers a lot, just like other colliers.

((I'm just going to have this one character for now. Then I'll see how I do with her.))    
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:09:14 am by Saylor156 »

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
((@Saylor
Accepted.))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
((Yay! And I got a new picture, so now it works.))

Poking her head slowly into a hollow, Eirian couldn't suppress a small smile. Her dark eyes glimmered with mischief as she watched her friend - a tiny Peal-spotted owlet -reading a book with great interest. The pearl-spotted owlet, which is actually a type of pygmy owl, was unaware of her friend sneaking up behind her.
"Boo!" Eirian churred loudly, almost falling backwards after seeing the pygmy wilf suddenly, spin around, and squawk with gigantic golden eyes wide open.
"Hey! It's not funny!" the pygmy owl growled, fluffing her feathers up. She fluttered at Eirian and attacked her with buffets of her small wings.
"Oh, for Glaux's sake, Alida, I was just playing," Eirian said, shielding herself with her wings.
"I told you not to do that while I was reading. The Ga'Hoolology ryb will put me on Flint Mop if I don't know this chapter by the time she gives out the next test! I've got to pass! Then I'll be a full Ga'Hoolologist!" The pearl-spotted owlet proudly strutted back to her book, shaking her small feathers.
"You're so boring," Eirian teased, flopping down beside her friend. In truth, Eirian didn't know what she would ever do without this small owl, since Alida had practically taught her everything she knew about the Ga'Hoole tree.
"Anyways, I came here to tell you that a storm is coming. Everyone's outside to watch it come in," Eirian explained, the gray stripe on her back rippling slightly in anticipation. "Are you gonna come?"
Alida didn't look up from the book as she replied. "Sorry, Eirian. I really have to read this."
Eirian sighed, and, after saying her farewells, flew out of the hollow and searched for an open spot on the branches outside. Her friend, Alida, was much older than her, but they were still the best of friends.