Author Topic: Whats your RP style?  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Nowe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Turn forever Hand in Hand~
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Elements
Whats your RP style?
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »
I prefer Semi Literate over all because I can't stand people using bad grammar in a RP then spamming the fixes like  Howled* and such. I dislike Literate ones since I keep meeting people who are so stuck up and rude its turned me off from literate RPs.

So what do you prefer? No literacy, Semi Literate or, Literate.

Offline okami357

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • kaere..kaere..kaere...
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your RP style?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:27:55 pm »
Well .. I prefer RP with my close friends to no one is correcting each other as if they were teachers! Most also do not like people who write it all wrong (example she runin the form to the left the rithg) plus I just HATE people who will not let you join a group because your way of writing! is not a bit fair to be choosing people like that, so thats why I hate a samples!
I do prefer Semi-realistic no literate

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31:10 pm »
My style in-game would be literate.
 I like roleplays where it takes at least three or two 'FH Posts' average to finish your roleplay post, and no, I don't mind people correcting me at all, infact I think it's good that people correct me and I correct them~ x3. Helps us learn from our mistakes!

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:49:51 pm »
Literate.

Usually at least a few paragraphs per post. I'm honestly at a point where I don't think I could type with "text talk". I've tried to RP in an illiterate way. I can't xD I've found it hard to get a really good story going with one sentence posts, and I've found that most literate RPs are longterm. And I really don't find that people grammar nazi you by correcting your posts. That's just... annoying, for lack of a better word. Perhaps with friends, though among friends it's all in good fun most of the time.

I play the game to create and RP and everything, but I also do so to become a better writer. And so far? it's working quite well.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Nowe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Turn forever Hand in Hand~
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Elements
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:11 am »
Its fine to correct someone I see no issue with it but, when people lash out and cuss up a storm over it thats when it gets bad XD I see it one too many times unfortunately.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 04:01:56 am »
 I guess I like semi-literate RP style. I have never been too picky about how people RP as long as I can understand what they are saying (as in no slang or gibberish), it goes with the story, and we're all having fun that's all that matters to me. As for the people who run around correcting people I think thats unnecessary and a bit obnoxious most of the time. Obviously if the person has enough of an understanding to correct someone then they understood what they said so why waste time correcting people? It's a game not school let people learn how to use proper grammar and punctuation on their own time. I have typos very often because I use two laptops and one is very laggy sometimes so I get misspells up the wazoo and its annoying when people correct things that I obviously know are wrong. Not everyone has perfect spelling for many reasons especially since English is a second language for many FeralHeart users. Mistakes are expected so why fuss over that and just get to the RPing and action people ;)
When I am not RPing regular casual chatting is fine too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:03:44 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:08:06 am »
My RP style is literate. Just because I can't stand bad grammar and text-talk.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:17 am »
I generally prefer literate. If I'm out-of-character I may use symbols to represent my randomness, especially in-game, but if I'm roleplaying I stick to literacy. I used to be illiterate a good long time ago, but now that I've roleplayed using literacy it's too hard to get rid of the urge to use paragraphs and complete sentences xD
It irks me sometimes when I see loads of incorrect grammar and punctuation-- typos I don't mind, but constant illiteracy and text-talk just gets on my nerves a bit. I use an HP laptop that lags the in-game chatbox, and sometimes it's hard for me to type without misspelling things, but I usually only get online to goof off and explore, though I enjoy a roleplay or two once and a while. c:

ヌ - ド ル

Offline swiftflight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:06:39 pm »
I prefer literate, though I don't mind Semi-Literate. It's when people start making sentences like: "stab u der r kil eat guts" That I start to really get worried... Basically, as long as I can understand people with relative ease, I don't mind...

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Return of the Lynx, Part 42
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:46 pm »
I actually like to RP in a "play" style.  It's easier and quicker and you can still get your point across.  Like, an example (with generic names!):

Dude: Oh, just great, he blew up!  *sighs and shakes head*
Dudette: Well, now what are we going to do, eh?
Bob: *he shrugs, looking away.  He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath* We ride.

I dunno, I just like doing that.  It's alot quicker.
Protesting lack of lynxyness!
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg
One true lady, one fine lynx