Author Topic: We're scared. Can we talk about that?  (Read 7018 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: We're scared. Can we talk about that?
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 07:45:53 am »
I have lots of fears.

Heights (biggest one)

Getting eaten alive, watching things get eaten alive, basically Vore (Creeps me out so much. Don't know why people have a fetish of that)

Drowning (Don't really know how to properly swim because of that. <.<)

Being alone without friends (I NEED MY FRIENDS, so I look up to them a lot and people start to hate me because they think I am stalking)

Being in a center of attention over a big crowd

I don't want to post a wall of China, so I cut it short.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 08:18:56 am »
Hrm. Interesting thread, interesting fears.

I have Entomophobia, or the fear of insects. Some don't bother me, such as bees (not wasps, bees) or moths. But other bugs... It's not that I just dislike them or find them creepy, I get actual anxiety being near mostly any insect. It's ridiculous in my own eyes, but it still frightens me to no end. On a similar note, I am also deathly afraid of spiders. Some of my friends find it amusing to freak me out by linking me to pictures of them, and as I'm sure Ressy there has noticed, it leaves me at the end of the room screaming.

Used to fear heights. Not so much anymore.

I also am utterly afraid of something called Locked-in Syndrome, which is when a person appears to be in a coma but is still completely aware of their surroundings and can still hear, smell, feel pain, etc. Like being trapped inside your own body. It's actually why people were buried alive back in older days. And if you know me, you know I have an extremely low pain threshold sometimes. Like I refuse to get my wisdom teeth taken out because of the pain. It also makes things like headaches and back pain a LOT worse for me.

Also fear the dark. Not really the dark so much as it is what's in the dark.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35:10 am »
My phobias/fears would be thunderstorms (weirdly not the flash but the sound of it) and heights.

I had a really bad experience with a thunderstorm as a child, so I can get really worked up during a bad storm.
I can handle it better now as grown, but the fear is like stuck in my soul so I get nauseated, a bit shaky and I have to turn off things like the TV, the iPhone, computers, heck everyhting that is electric during the storm..

And then heights. I can't even describe the fear I get when being forced to higher grounds... I am usually very very good at keeping my fears at bay and to handle stressful situations but this is one thing I can't handle. I only have to look up towards a high building or something like that to feel the ground sway underneath me.

One goal in my life is to make a parachute jump and over come my fear of heights. I can't tell you when/if I will overcome this fear and be able to do that jump though~ ;3

Offline Celeyan

• Floof-O-Meter: 50
  • ?? f?????? ?????'? ??f?? ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:35 am »
I am afraid of:

Bees, Wasps, Insects in general..ill go screaming out the room and or crying like crazy if it flies around or come near me. Ill jump up in class or anywhere, and when a bee flew into my mother's car one time I was about to jump and roll out that car..i'd kill myself if one came near meee. >_< I freak out whenever I see something on me, and I start flailing about. I make a fool of myself whenever they are near, and I always sometimes try to relate to other people lol.

I have a strange liking for heights..O_o Like i'm trying to kill myself or something, I just like to peer down off a rail, but ive never been near a cliff or mountain. I guess i'm scared of them a little, i'd be terrified if I had to jump off a cliff to save myself, or go on a parachute jump.

I'm scared of thunderstorms too! I get so scared when there is a loud boom, I jump up and either run to someone and completely hug them until its over. xD

I'm scared of the dark, and sounds whenever its dark. xD

I don't like it when I feel something unusual touching me, ill jump up, smack whatever and then start flailing like crazy.

I have a fear of sicknesses, death, infections, wounds, and all that crap, I could NEVER be a doctor, I get terrified whenever I scrape my knee or something like that..

I have a fear of..well..I dunno how to explain it, but i'm really paranoid, like while I type this I constantly look behind me..-slaps self-

I'm scared of 'zombies', 'monsters', and all that stuff in movies, even if its not real..I'm scared of it. XD

I'm scared of being alone..

I'm scared of being the center of attention >_< I get all sweaty and hot and I start shaking until the attention is brought off of me, then I feel like crying and either look down or something like that.

I am scared of dieing. ;P

I have much more. ;P But this is getting long

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:45:35 am by ??????z?????z???? »

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 12:51:26 pm »
Wow I'm glad I made this post. And ??????z?????z????, I used to be "paranoid" too. Lol. Whenever my dad entered the room without me expecting it I slapped him XD. I used to look behind for anthro crocodiles and zombies...it's weird...

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 06:05:10 pm »
I used to have cosmophobia or something like this.It means fear of outerspace and everything that it's related to it.I remember every small plane for me was a meteorite colliding with Earth.Anyway i used to have such fear because  of all fake predictions and of the documentaries about space I watched.Now I dont care much about it xD

Another thing I fear of,insects.(except butterflyes,I Love Them!)Usually spiders.I just need to keep my distance from them wherether they're dangerous or not.

Fear of heights.Gosh,I'll never board a plane EVER!

And lastly the most common fear,fear of ghosts.Okay I no longer have such fear but I still won't have the guts to play a horror game or watch horror movies.Brings back memories that make me laugh sometimes.

Fear of blood.Don't know why many peple aren't satisfied without playing games or watching movies full of blood ugh!Makes me sick!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:07:38 pm by ~FuzzletheFox~ »

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:05 pm »
Yea, when people meet me, I'm try to send the message, "Look at me. I'm strong. I have a strong stomach. I'm not scared of anything." Then a tiny little honey bee buzzes OUTSIDE by the window and I scream and run away. -_- Or I push the person in front of me and slam him/her against the window, thinking, "Eat that person, not me!".  XDD

nyxghostrider

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »
Ahehe.. I have a fear of spiders, Micheal myers, And sadly, getting shot. We have alot of shooters in our neighborhood. Surprisingly, I keep a ton of knives on my desk, just in case XD. I also have a fear of being around alot of people that I have never met. Im also afraid of heights. I really dislike being around lots of people because who knows, They could be rude.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:03:49 pm by Nyx »

Darknight42

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »
I'm afraid of:
Spiders
Specific CreepyPastas like BEN DROWNED.
Aliens (Meeehhhh... I hate them... friends laugh at me for that)
Getting eaten alive
Real life body parts (and people eating them RAW.)
Looking at the inside of a stomach/body of something... DONT EVEN TALK ABOUT JABU-JABU. -shudder-

I also have a slight case of cosmophobia, the same as fuzzle the fox.

Offline aviannerd

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »
I am horribly arachnophobic (fear of spiders) I once ended sleeping on the Sofa because I saw a spider on the stairs and refused to go past there. If I happen to see a spider (I don't care how far) I'll run away screaming bloody murder.

I'm scared of spiders, too, but in a less severe manner....