Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 144116 times)

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2013, 11:54:37 pm »
Saw this, made me think of Wolfspeak:

?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 02:07:38 am »
*Taster* Instead of tongue. *Clickers* Instead of claws

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2013, 02:29:15 am »
This, just all of my yes. I was in a wolf roleplay a few days ago. The map was nice, people seemed friendly; it was promising. ....And then I saw them roleplaying. I about died. They'ed do two posts or so and each post was littered with wolf speak.  I mean it' tolerable peppered in here and there, but this.. it was just so awful.

And when I mentioned it they were all like "That's actually the right use for 'aud' like audible." And I was all "No. You don't call your ears audibles do you??"

And it gets worse. I eventually googled a few words they were using in a post directed at me where they 'flicked' a pebble at me. And I forget what the word was but legit the general definition was 'gravy'. So I'm just sitting there like.. "The heck? You just flicked a pebble at me with your gravy? How do I even comprehend this??"

I lied promptly and said I had to go. And this morning I left that roleplay.. I don't need people wielding magical gravy around my characters.

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »
This, just all of my yes. I was in a wolf roleplay a few days ago. The map was nice, people seemed friendly; it was promising. ....And then I saw them roleplaying. I about died. They'ed do two posts or so and each post was littered with wolf speak.  I mean it' tolerable peppered in here and there, but this.. it was just so awful.

And when I mentioned it they were all like "That's actually the right use for 'aud' like audible." And I was all "No. You don't call your ears audibles do you??"

And it gets worse. I eventually googled a few words they were using in a post directed at me where they 'flicked' a pebble at me. And I forget what the word was but legit the general definition was 'gravy'. So I'm just sitting there like.. "The heck? You just flicked a pebble at me with your gravy? How do I even comprehend this??"

I lied promptly and said I had to go. And this morning I left that roleplay.. I don't need people wielding magical gravy around my characters.
i know i dont get why people use these odd words, and then when you dont use them they kick you from RP.
when that happens im like pffttt whateve, you all not very lit anyway.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »

LOL, 'flippy wiggler' and 'little ground tappers' made me giggle.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

Immediately made me think of this.

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Do not fear, Moony is here! *Warning: Pic changes*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2013, 12:48:21 am »
In Game: MoonFlower101

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:24 am »
The thing about the word "optics" for me is that it's an adjective when referring to eyes, not a noun.

When it's a noun it's more fitting when thinking about glasses or goggles or some sort of thing like a microscope...and dogs don't see with microscopes...so...xD

The thing about multiple definitions is the first one is what it's usually referring to when used while others are so freaking rare to show up in their individual forms of context that it's pointless to use them at all. There are many other words that could accurately describe things, many of them simple.

People are simply looking up the wrong words and use them because they seem to look appealing.

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Do not fear, Moony is here! *Warning: Pic changes*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2013, 12:58:59 am »
Exactly >-0 Look correctly. I wasn't meaning Optics, and I know they are an adjective ^-^. *Cough* Orbs *cough* ANYWAYS, like i said, I do know how to use this appropriately in rp, and I use it as an Adj. And your are just looking at YOUR definitions. Of course, like I said, there are many definitions. And try not to look at the bad side of them. They also mean other things. ~Moony <3
In Game: MoonFlower101

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:48 am »
Haha. Funny.. Benevolent. Yes, meaning kind and in a state of well-being. (Dictionary I read.)

I thought that screenie was funny. Anywho......

I don't mind wolfspeak, actually. I use it. xD Only because so I could get into rps because apparently, you need to use wolf speak to get into a wolf pack..
Now, sometimes I use the words, 'labrums' and 'appendages', as they both don't mean something else. (THis is what I assume. I have no time to scan Yahoo or Google for a defination.)

One of my friends use medical terms to sound literate, and I'm actually impressed. (Impressed as how she remembers all of that.. Some group bio has tons of medical terms where I tilt my head and go, "What?.."
Sigh. -Temple rub- I don't believe medical terms can count as literacy because I don't think it's much of a use to google this term you cringe at.
And literacy is really my main problem. Now, we all have friends who, you know, don't capitalize or use text talk, right? As of that being said, it's the same for a rp you attend. Where people look at you and ask, "What is.. appendages? What are.. pillars? BRUJO?" (Ugh.. Brujo? In Spanish, we call them 'Brujas' and they do mean witch. xD Anyway,)

I would stop wolf speak so those questions aren't asked. Now, this 'wolf-speak' has spreaded. It's spreaded to lions and cats. But, I'm not going to even /try/. You can't take away something that a lot of people think is.. 'cool'. It's annoying to see this where I go.

>mfw i see internet arguments