Author Topic: The Secret Language of FeralHeart  (Read 12884 times)

Offline Emotcionz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • How much does your building weigh?
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret Language of FeralHeart
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »
I honestly can't handle "wolfspeak"

They sound quite stupid and strange when they say and try to act fancy.

Well done.

Move your cursor in time with her.

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »
Well said!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:22 am »
This is my favorite rant in my history of reading rants. :D

Wolfspeak is just so confusing and awkward, every time I see a person roleplaying like that I just want to show them the true definitions of the words and how their sentence makes no sense.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »
I agree with ya' all.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline GhostlyJasper

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • GhostlyJasper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »
yeah, ive played WQ,got bored,hated it because of Wolfspeak,and got rid of it. my friend started ranting at me for it;so i hate her now,but i seriously just thought FH was, well, WAYYYY better.oh, and i like how descriptive this is! way more decsriptive than my report on a country........

Offline .Revolution.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • "I've forgotten how beautiful the moonlight is."<3
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:54:25 pm »
Lots of people call this "wolfspeak" or something of the sort. I hate it. Why can't they use "tail", "teeth", "ears", "paws". That doesn't decrease literacy. It's just actually KNOWN by lots of the other RP'ers in FeralHeart. I completely understand and agree with your rant. Just people trying to be creative, I guess.

Ingame as: .Revolut ion.
Penguins

SoulRevenge

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:16 pm »
Oh yeah~ someone else hates this almost as much as I do~

However, not ALL of FeralHeart uses this "Secret Language"- also known as wolfspeak, which orginated from WolfQuest, which seemed content on filtering literally EVERYTHING related to gender, sexuality, etc. . . which I find ironic, considering the fact that in the single-player game, you basicly just looked for a mate- which is another word that was fiiltered.

I suppose that because several members from WolfQuest began to use these incorrect terms (Some in which were unnesarily created- such as the whole "cranium" for head, and pillars for "legs or paws"), they have managed to wriggle their way into FeralHeart aswell- a common term for this would be the infamous "wolfspeak". As stated before me, they should know that FeralHeart isn't filtered AT ALL, so these terms do NOT have to be used.

I've always found the whole code-words for "male", "female" or "mate" (I believe the code-word for that in WQ was "meat"- which, believe or not, was ALSO filtered,) to be entirely okay, when used in WolfQuest. . . however, this isn't WolfQuest; you don't have to use these.

People need to know that NORMAL TERMS such as the usual "she", "he" "head", etc. . . actually make them appear a bit more intelligient than when they use these stupid terms that do not even MEAN what they are reffering to- and often times it simply confuses people, seeing that the word's defintions aren't entirely clear, especially in the manner in which they describe them- I highly doubt that you would ever picture a wolf waving his "banner" in the air without thinking- "Wait, what?!" first. 

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »
Okay, so just in Sky Rim, I saw some black, dragon-eared wolf saying this:

"He laid his receptors back and his orbs glowed with hate."

XP I said "Oh hey a wolfspeaker :I"
 He was just like "Whateva >:O" I think he was thinking "Yea, jealous?"
 "Uhno." xD

Offline shootmedown

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • H????.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 02:00:22 pm »
Completely agreeable! The wolfspeak makes no apparent sense. I was once in a Warrior Cats RP, mapless and supposedly "literate." But I caught one cat, instead of saying things like, "Eats the meat," (which isn't literate at all, but it would've done, I suppose) said, "ooh nom nom nom" like a complete idiot, then started using wolfspeak. Another cat, also, was using wolfspeak, saying, "She moved her cranium up to the blue, and bared her ivories at the blaze star." It was so awkward, I had to correct her. She just said, "ur jealous of my skillz, arent u?" It was SO HORRIBLE. I left quickly after that, facepalm-ing all over the house.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 02:04:04 pm »
Okay, so just in Sky Rim, I saw some black, dragon-eared wolf saying this:

"He laid his receptors back and his orbs glowed with hate."

XP I said "Oh hey a wolfspeaker :I"
 He was just like "Whateva >:O" I think he was thinking "Yea, jealous?"
 "Uhno." xD

Receptors? Really? I think those are like legs. . but I'd have to look it up on google.
-Flees-
-Returns-

Alright, I'm just. . dying whilst laughing at the definition and how this user used it.

Possible Definitions of 'Receptor'--

Cellular

Sensory receptor, in physiology, any structure which, on receiving environmental stimuli, produces an informative nerve impulse

Molecular

Receptor (biochemistry), in biochemistry, a protein molecule that receives and responds to a neurotransmitter, or other substance

Telecommunication

Receiver (radio), a device for the reception of electromagnetic signals