Author Topic: The Secret Language of FeralHeart  (Read 12883 times)

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret Language of FeralHeart
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »
xDD I think the wolf meant it as his ears, so he was 1/3 correct. Since it does pick up "environmental stimuli" I guess and then "produces an informative nerve impulse" to the brain so it interprets it as "sound". Sooo....he could've just said:

"He laid his organs that pick up environmental stimuli and then produce an informative nerve impulse to the brain so it interprets it as sound back and his other organs that pick up environmental stimuli and then produce an informative nerve impulse to the brain so it interprets it as sight glowed with hate."

xD

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 02:47:28 pm »
The thing about WolfQuest is that they didn't entirely think through the multi-player function for their game, so when people started using those every day terms for non-age-appropriate-things [almost all every-day words were used in some nasty way on there, I've seen it back when the words won't so evil, it was gross].

A large amount of words were removed just from people saying "This should be removed!" in their lexicon thread. They never set regulations for it, like "how many times do our users run into this? Is it common? Does it happen often? Or is it ever few games or so?" They would just take the word that someone's blacklisted and remove it from the lexicon, and in the end this wound up making people look for a vocabulary.

If you look at the birthdays on the bottom of the forum's index page occasionally you'd get what I mean. Some people are way over the intended age range.

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 03:09:07 pm »
If you look at the birthdays on the bottom of the forum's index page occasionally you'd get what I mean. Some people are way over the intended age range.
They could be lying about their age. ^^ But then again, some probably aren't...lol

Offline VintageBakeryXD

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Camels drink water, not milk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 01:21:02 am »
I love this rant. Wolf-speakers are the worst!
Today, when I was roleplaying in one of my favorite clans, a new member said, "He lays, and his cigarette shifts to the other side of his maw. His orbs gleams, and his auds twitch. His tassel rests beside his frame, and he watches her with shining optics."
So I said, "In this roleplay the leader does not accept wolf-speak. Sorry."
They replied, "It isn't wolf-speak. It's grammar. I will not dumb down my posts."
I got so angry... It is NOT grammar. Aud is actually an abbreviation for the Australian dollar. Optics, as explained, does not mean eyes. Tassel is not a tail. Plus cats do not smoke cigarettes.
Next time I see him, I shall confront him. I'll ask him not to wolf-speak, and when he says it is grammar I'll tell him to search up the wolf-speak words and tell me the definitions. Then I'll search them myself.
Point one for the literate people.
Score-
0 wolf speakers
1 literates
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:23:16 am by BreadnButter »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 04:05:07 am »
/inb4 "BAWWWWW U DUNT LIEK WOOFSPEK? U STUPED BSTRD EVRY PRSUN HAZ HIZ/HUR OWNE RP STYL!!1!11!"

They replied, "It isn't wolf-speak. It's grammar. I will not dumb down my posts."
Hey kids! This is why I hate wolfspeakers so much! ;D

Most of the time, they are rude little whiny babies that think they are so high and mighty using gibberish and old English words in the wrong tense. If they didn't whine like they always do I wouldn't hate them this much. But, they act like the "grown-ups" and throw insults when they are criticized, which isn't all mature at all.

I'm getting tired of people lashing out at me when I talk about this topic, saying "BAWWWW EVRY1 HAZ THER OWNE RP STYL STUPED!!11!". I know that, but wolf-speak is just wrong. Bunch of big words used in a free indie game like this isn't worth it. And plus they are often used incorrectly.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 07:09:20 am »
Please do not necro old threads guys. Locking ~