Author Topic: Map Maker Troubles?  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Reidiculous.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Don't shake, I hate to see you tremble~
    • View Profile
Map Maker Troubles?
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »
I was working on my map pack; the main map when all of a sudden, I get a pop-up on my computer. As usual, I just x out of the pop-up and continue on working, but this time when I x'd out the pop-up and went back to map-maker, my whole work had completely disappeared. I had saved everything and all and hadn't hit anything, the whole land disappeared as well as the objects and water. It's now just a sky.

I went into the map folder under FH>Media>Terrains and it still has my objects as being there and everything how I had it, yet the land won't show up. I've tried restarting and now I'm just ticked off. This isn't the first time I had to re-do my map and I was just about done. Either Map Maker is just a butthole, or it really is starting to glitch, but I'm hoping this can be fixed without me having to start over.

** Update; The map shows up when I go inside of it in-game, yet still not in map maker....

- Thanks for the help, Reidiculous.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:20:05 pm by Reidiculous. »

Thierry

Re: Map Maker Troubles?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
what is about that pop up? system message? error? adds? other?.
That you described is weird and never happened to me, so i don't know what could be happening.

After opening your map in the map maker, check the file FH.log to see if there are any error messages.

As only council I have is to save your map frequently and back up it out of your computer (ex: in a USB flash memory)
To back-up your map you need to copy 1 specific file and  folder, for example if you map is called "arrival" then go to FeralHeart\Media\Terrains\ and copy the file arrival.map and the folder arrival to a usb memory.
Each time this happens you restore your files by copying back to FH.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:28:23 pm by Thierry »

Offline Reidiculous.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:32:27 pm »
The pop-up was about an update for my computer, something I normally do once I get off of my computer.  But the map shows up in-game, yet it still is invisible in the Map Maker. As far as errors, I'm not getting any. The map terrain and objects aren't showing up. :/ But in-game, everything is fine.

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
The map could show perfectly in game because the game normally loads the exported file while you are playing (sometimes not), so it is probably your map still existing. I believe could be a graphical glitch and your objects are not really missing

Go to media\terrains\<your map name>\  and open the file <your map name>Objects.cfg with notepad, if you see a bunch of objects names and coordinates it means that your map still having your objects and you are probably just having a graphical glitch.

You can try this, Install a new copy of FeralHeart without overwriting the old one, i mean, install in a different location like in C:\FeralHeart2, then copy your map with glitches from the old FH installation to the new one (the map is stored at Media\Terrains) and also copy all your custom and downloaded objects.

Run the new FH copy and verify if all is fine now.

Note: I believe the desktop shortcut gets replaced but im not sure, so better run it directly from the FH folder.

Offline Reidiculous.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:49:56 pm »
The objects and coordinates are still there, so I will try what you mentioned now. :P

Offline Reidiculous.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 06:03:22 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but I did everything you told me to and it did not work. The map is still invisible when loading in map maker.

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:04:38 pm »
Can you post a screenshot of how it looks at map maker please?
Then i will get a better idea.

To be honest i have no idea of what you can be.
Try switching the rendering system

Offline Reidiculous.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:28 pm »
Here's what the map maper looks like ;

I'll try switching Rendering systems, but that normally doesn't work for me, my FH just switches it back.

Thierry

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »
Can i get a copy of your map to check it?
Send it by PM and about a few i will be able to see if there is something wrong with the map itself.

Thierry

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 07:58:32 pm »
sorry for double posting, I just got the idea that could be related to your computer / operating system

What version of windows are you using?
Do you have your graphic card drivers updated?

Im going to check your map as soon i get out of school
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:01:03 pm by Thierry »