Author Topic: How was I supposed to know?  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
How was I supposed to know?
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:17:16 am »

Offline katyekitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Savvy
    • View Profile
Re: How was I supposed to know?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:46 am »
Well, how rude! :O

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:12 pm »
I've seen sarcasm, but this is just ridiculous.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:18 pm »
They were definitely immature,because usually a teen or adult in rl would try and give you a literate rp sample,and if they were rejected wouldn't try and prove you wrong.But they always could be blocked or reported to a moderator or admin  :)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:48:03 pm »
Little kids thinking they could use sarcasm and just rude talk to get in a group.
I've seen this happen sometimes, but generally when this happens you should just block them.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
The downside to talking to other people over the internet is that it's near impossible to tell when someone is being sarcastic or making a joke (unless they use an emotion such as xD or :V ). I forget about this sometimes and have to go back to change what I say. That being said, even I couldn't tell until you mentioned later in the post that "Person" was joking about their RP sample... I guess a lot of people (even me! xD) often forget that they are speaking through writing and over the internet, so even if something sounds like a joke in their head it might not come across that way to whoever reads it because they don't have the same voice in their head.

Don't worry, this wasn't you being ignorant or anything. I imagine anybody else would have reacted the same way, since to be honest "Person" didn't make it clear at all that he was making a joke. :U

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
Thanks peoples. I wonder if they even had a reason for acting like that. >.< I was going to block them but eventually they got bored with it and left, it was really quite irritating. They were acting like I should be HONORED to have them in my RP when I didn't even want them in after all that rude behavior. They really thought they were all that in a box of chocolates, so much that they thought it was too obvious that they were a literate RPer. They wouldn't give me a literate RP sample no matter how many times I asked! On top of it all, they were not only arguing with me but I had two other members in my RP backing me up so they were basically taking on three people and brushing us away like we were idiots.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:44:21 am »

OR

I know how you feel. This has actually happened to me once, but in a different way. I was advertising for an RP out in Flourite Plains when I got a whisper from some random person, asking for an invite into my group. It went something like this...

Person: Can you send me an invite? I would like to join your RP.
Me: Okay -sends invite-
Me: Invite sent
Person:..... Can you send me an invite please?
Me: I did
Person:....... CAN I GET AN INVITE!!!!!?
Me: I already sent you one -sends another invite-
Person:.............CANNNN I GETT AN INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Me: I already sent you one twice.
Person: Forget this!!!!!! I wanted to join your RP but NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much how it went. I ended up reporting them since they started swearing at me via whisper. I'm sure they thought what they did was funny... until they couldn't log back into FH after a mod saw that report. :D
Best thing to do is block them if they keep bothering you, and take a few screenshots of their bad behavior and send it to a mod.
Inactive

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:46:12 am »
I never had someone give me a bad sample but if it did I don't really know how I could politely say no to them.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:43 am »
I honestly think they were just being a jerk. XP They thought it was already obvious by how they talked in OOC they they were literate Role Players even though that isn't always the case. They came back for who knows what reason, just glad they left!