Author Topic: Strays of the Ruins. (Stray dog/cat RP, open & accepting)  (Read 142080 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Strays of the Ruins. (Stray dog/cat RP, open & accepting)
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »
Dusty scooped up the poppy seeds in his mouth as he prepared to also collect the cobwebs. He stiffened. Someone was watching him.

Flicking his ears forward, he jerked his gaze around and tasted the air. The strong taste of mutant blew into his mouth as he wrinkled his nose. Aww, come on? Another one?

Sighing, he quickly decided not to draw attention to himself as he cautiously snatched up the cobwebs and padded forward, keeping his body low onto the ground. Suddenly, barking was heard in the distance, and Dusty noticed two figures battling with each other. Curious, he leaned over the tall hedge of the yellow grass and peered over to investigate.

Two mutants were snapping at each other, fighting over a piece of dead prey. Dusty tasted the air again. The prey had been dead for many days, so it must have been killed before the explosion.

The stronger mutant pushed away the other one from its back and lunged for its throat. The second one--a scrawny one--leaped out of the way, but was knocked to the ground with a blow of the first one.

Dusty turned away as the first one bite down onto the second's throat, blood spluttering out from the hole. The second one thrashed it paws into the air, while the stronger one slammed its paw into the throat again, causing the weak one to squeal in pain.

Disgusted by the sight, Dusty turned and noticed a lithe, small shape bounding towards him. He curled his tail in amusement. This would be an easy battle to defeat. Hopefully, it's some prey, Dusty murmured to himself, licking his lips. Crouching low, he prepared to leap, but stopped himself as the figure grew nearer.

It was the pup!

"What are you doing here?" he demanded, stalking over to the pup with anger rising in his pelt.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 09:24:46 pm »
((It might say I am on, but I actually am not. I'm chatting with a friend right now on a game so I won't reply))

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »
((Alright))

Gavroche skidded to an unsteady halt on his pads, visibly startled that the male had noticed him so quickly. "I told ya I wanted to help." The pup remarked, lowering his eyebrows to stare up at the dog with a smirk. "I don't wanna just sit back there 'an not do anyfin'!" He barked, his thick British accent distorting his sentences slightly.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2013, 09:57:53 pm »

Teegan sighed at all the tension that was going on between the two, she didn't like it being involved in their small group. The feline woke as it spoke about ways to help the brutes wounds as they both padded off into the distance. Her head turned to Flak as he muttered a reply to her "I know I'm not the boss, but what's the point in arguing?!" She snapped lifting to her paws and padding to a dumpster then jumping on it and slamming herself to a lying position as she gave a frown, lying not to far away keeping an eye on the brute in case he took a bad turn.

Micah watched as the two walked off on their search for things to help heal the brutes wounds as she looked at him 'quite the aggressive one' she thought to herself but he was in pain so she guessed that was why. She felt the tension between the group as she let out a sight , dragging her paw across the ground. She heard Teegan snap back at Flak as her head shot up then the fae walked over and jumped on a dumpster. She let out a sigh and looked up at the sky's.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:18:33 pm by Taylor »
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2013, 10:09:25 pm »
((No problem. I know how sucky it is to post off of phones.)) \

Flak rolled his eyes and slumped down gently to a laying position, wincing in pain. He let out a quivering sigh and rested his head between his forepaws, eyeing the silhouetted figures of the brute and the cat until they disappeared out of sight in the distance. He hated being so helpless and unable to take action. If it weren't for his wounds, there was no doubt in his mind he'd have sunk his teeth into that dog's neck by now. Huffing some labored air from his nostrils, he flattened his ears against his head as he realized everyone was gone, as far as he could see, anyway. Great.. he murmured, hoping there were no mutants nearby. There was no way he'd stand a chance in his vulnerable position.
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2013, 10:19:42 pm »

Teegan lay looking at Flak as her eyes rolled, she lifted her head from her paws as she lifted to her hunches she shook her head 'Snap out of it' she thought to herself, her and Flak had been wondering the streets fine until now and no arguments happened. She lifted to her paws and jumped down from the dumpster and trotted up to him "You know..laying down and doing nothing isn't going to help you" she stopped for a few seconds then going on "Why not try and clean them, giving them a better chance to heal?" She questioned not wanting to seem like she was ordering him around.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:19:07 pm by Taylor »
DA Account

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »
Dusty narrowed his eyes even harder, and he let out a frustrated growl. The growl rumbled in his throat, but then he stopped himself. I'm getting to overprotected, he told himself. Besides. The pup got himself into this mess. If he dies, it's his own fault. Not mine. Letting out a small sigh, he rested his tail reassuring on the pup's back.

"Okay," he barked softly, lowering his voice so that the mutant wouldn't hear them. "There's a mutant out there, and you need to be quiet. Risto's gone looking for some comfrey. You can help me by looking for some goldenrod." Dusty directed as he shifted his tail from the pup's back. "But first of all, you can tell me what your name is, so I can call you by that."

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2013, 01:48:07 am »

Flak jerked his head up, startled by Teegan at first. He let out a huff at her first words and attempted to push his upper body up to a sitting position, whining quietly in pain as he did so. Once upright, he turned his head to face the Shepherd as she continued speaking, his large ears resting at a neutral, relaxed position. "If I could reach the wound without causing myself more pain I would have already tried to clean it..." the brute muttered with a growl. Glancing up at Teegan, he quickly shook his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you or anything-" he started, pausing to take in some more labored breaths. "It's just these freakin' injuries- then being bossed around by some stranger didn't help at all." Flak paused, letting out an agitated growl at the thought of the other male. "I guess I was just taking out my frustration on you, because that brute left before I could direct it at him. Pff. Coward." He murmured the last word under his breath, glaring in the direction the tan male had left with the cat.

Gavroche grinned up at the male, his tail wagging rapidly behind him in excitement. "Woohoo!" He exclaimed with a hop. Quickly realizing the mutants were nearby, he slunk down. "Oops, sorry." He whispered, staring up at the male. His ears flicked forward as the brute explained how he could help, a grin still plastered on his face. "Right! Goldrenrod! Got it!" He whispered loudly, looking around as his tail wagged. "Wait- what's goldenrod?" The pup questioned, slinking around the front of the adult dog. "Oh, yeah, my name's Gavroche!" He said louder, forgetting to control his volume. Instantly realizing his mistake, he slumped down again, smiling sheepishly. "I mean- my name's Gavroche," the pup repeated, this time in a subtle whisper.
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2013, 11:06:35 am »

Teegans ears perked as Flak began to speak as he slightly rised from the ground letting out a small wince of pain, her tail slowly moved side to side behind her as he spoke. "Well you know I could clean them for you?" She didn't mind doing this for one of those she would call a close friends as she looked at his wounds knowing they would cause him some pain and if she helped clean them it may have a little less chance of going completely infected. Her ears perked again as he spoke about the brute "Yeah that's true, but its fine when I'm hurt or in a bad mood I will snap or open try and kill someone" she let out a small chuckle then going on "Well if he bosses you around I'll put him in his place" she slightly barked trying to make Flak feel better.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:19:59 pm by Taylor »
DA Account

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2013, 11:27:12 am »
            Flak flashed a coy half smile at her remark, quickly becoming serious again, though. "Ehh, I'd rather wait for those herbs before we try to clean it or anything." He replied, taking in a deep breath of air. "Y'know, to kinda numb it first." The black mix breed shot a glance back at his bleeding sides.
sig by me