Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 169581 times)

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2013, 07:53:31 pm »
"The stupidist thing that has happened after WWII"
Dude, I hope you were joking.
It is not even that bad.
Go to the forum thread with rp's and join there as a long term active player, yeah it takes a bit to be accepted but still.
If you want a chat go to bonfire or organise a meeting.
And, you can always shut off the videos, just like you could shut off general :I
No need to overreact anyway.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:01:17 pm by Vessan »

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »
Might I just ask, did the other staff even know Razmirz was planning on making the change? I'm not pointing fingers and screaming blue murder about the staff not listening to the community but I'm just curious because after reading over the first few posts it didn't even look like they did...

Signature by Velkss! :)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

That's it. I'm tired of all this arguing. I am taking a break for FH, this is just nonsense. Time to tell the RP I play on I am going to be inactive, until this gets solved.

P.S.: I read Lord's post before I submitted this, and she gave a really good point. You guys may be over-exaggerating, but who knows? I have edited my post before submitting, just so I could avoid being totally wrong and banned anyways. (My original text was about the "staff being so full of themselves" theory) I am not jumping on the "safe"wagon, but Lord's post does make a good point. Thanks, Lord, for posting that comment before I did. You saved me from getting banged with insults because I was wrong like one time ago.

And I agree with Vessan all the way.

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »
Yes, It was understandable at first, everyone could expect that.
There are ways to go around all this too, just that everyone preffers to rant than make green general chars rather than some meeting over at +.
But aye :D some people rather continue ranting than adjust and adapt just a little bit.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »
Regardless it doesn't really matter or not. It was still a dumb idea for such a sudden reaction, even as a test, without being informed. So whoever's idea it was... 8I they've made a really bad call for the long run if it stays, just saying.

This isn't much different than Microsoft and its original plans for the Xbox ONE. What happened? People freaked out over it and they backpedaled on their plans for it [they're not going to dig their way out of that hole for a long time, but still]. This was a really bad call, no matter who made it or how, or even why, without giving the community time to get the idea in their heads without giving them time to digest it.

I don't care if it was some of the community, the staff entirely, or just a single person. :/ Just disabling something that a lot of users actually use on a regular basis was wrong without pitching the idea. Something like this should have been treated as a public works project or some sort, with at least a month or two of discussion for even thinking of shutting General off.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »
What I don't agree with here is users attacking others especially the mods. Many of you are claiming that the staff are not giving you a voice or letting you share your opinions and that's wrong. This entire post was left open for a reason and that's to hear each of your opinions & get constructive critism. If staff doesn't care to hear your opinions this thread could have easily been posted locked. Every staff members reads the posts that each user posts here and we discuss it thoroughly amongst one another in hopes of coming to some middle ground that will please the majority. We are not here for ourselves nor are we taking the time to do these things out of self interest. Instead of constantly bad mouthing the staff a select few of you here need to put yourselves in our shoes and understand what it is to work with such a narrow work space and often stubborn community.

KovuLKD left and with him went any chance of adding new content to the game. We staff are working with an incomplete game that has alot of errors with it and no source code to fix them. We are trying our best to make this community run as smoothly and as long as possible with limited resources and all the majority of you decide to do is complain every time we try something new in hopes of bettering your gaming experience. Then you all wonder why at some point staff gets impatient and upset? All we ask is for your patience, maturity, and understanding. We are all in a tight spot but when it comes to managing the problems it's the loyal staff that's taken the worst of the punishment. Many of you side against us in stubborn fits when you are encountered with one or two inconveniences when we staff have to work with an entire onslaught of inconveniences including the community's back talk and lack of support every day we log on to this game. It's a wonder how some of us are still even patient and caring enough to read and write back a response to you guys here.

When it comes to the mods kicking you or banning you in game for merely voicing your opinions I have a hard time believing that. The staff appreciates user feedback as it makes our jobs easier understanding this community & the individuals needs. When staff kick or ban it is because users have pushed the boundaries and began to disrespect staff, break rules, or harass the others with their protesting. DO NOT make claim of unfair banning because there is no such thing. Out of this whole time I have only kicked one individual who was protesting the removal of General Chat because they began name calling and disrespecting an admin right in front of me after several warnings. Even still I was nice enough just to kick and not ban after the rude and degrading things they said to Red. You are allowed to protest and voice opinions but there is no need what so ever to behave in a disorderly fashion, break rules, or disrespect staff because when you do then it's only your fault if you are kicked &/or banned.

If you want your voice and your opinions to be heard this thread is remaining open during the duration that General chat is down. We staff are very attentive and considerate of all your feelings so during this time of test please be to ours.

We are just a few against entire community here and we deserve a voice & respect just as much as you all do too.

What I don't agree with here is users attacking others especially the mods. Many of you are claiming that the staff are not giving you a voice or letting you share your opinions and that's wrong. This entire post was left open for a reason and that's to hear each of your opinions & get constructive critism. If staff doesn't care to hear your opinions this thread could have easily been posted locked. Every staff members reads the posts that each user posts here and we discuss it thoroughly amongst one another in hopes of coming to some middle ground that will please the majority. We are not here for ourselves nor are we taking the time to do these things out of self interest. Instead of constantly bad mouthing the staff a select few of you here need to put yourselves in our shoes and understand what it is to work with such a narrow work space and often stubborn community.

KovuLKD left and with him went any chance of adding new content to the game. We staff are working with an incomplete game that has alot of errors with it and no source code to fix them. We are trying our best to make this community run as smoothly and as long as possible with limited resources and all the majority of you decide to do is complain every time we try something new in hopes of bettering your gaming experience. Then you all wonder why at some point staff gets impatient and upset? All we ask is for your patience, maturity, and understanding. We are all in a tight spot but when it comes to managing the problems it's the loyal staff that's taken the worst of the punishment. Many of you side against us in stubborn fits when you are encountered with one or two inconveniences when we staff have to work with an entire onslaught of inconveniences including the community's back talk and lack of support every day we log on to this game. It's a wonder how some of us are still even patient and caring enough to read and write back a response to you guys here.

When it comes to the mods kicking you or banning you in game for merely voicing your opinions I have a hard time believing that. The staff appreciates user feedback as it makes our jobs easier understanding this community & the individuals needs. When staff kick or ban it is because users have pushed the boundaries and began to disrespect staff, break rules, or harass the others with their protesting. DO NOT make claim of unfair banning because there is no such thing. Out of this whole time I have only kicked one individual who was protesting the removal of General Chat because they began name calling and disrespecting an admin right in front of me after several warnings. Even still I was nice enough just to kick and not ban after the rude and degrading things they said to Red. You are allowed to protest and voice opinions but there is no need what so ever to behave in a disorderly fashion, break rules, or disrespect staff because when you do then it's only your fault if you are kicked &/or banned.

If you want your voice and your opinions to be heard this thread is remaining open during the duration that General chat is down. We staff are very attentive and considerate of all your feelings so during this time of test please be to ours.

We are just a few against entire community here and we deserve a voice & respect just as much as you all do too.

That does NOT excuse the fact that Red and his friends are INSULTING people for voicing their opinions, and cussing them out, banning, etc. Red called me an 'ungrateful, uneducated brat' for very CALMLY stating my opinion. He was all, "Oh, you have no idea what it's like to moderate a game." NEWS FLASH. I DO. I'm an ADMIN an Moonrise. I KNOW how to moderate, and I know that being an admin means LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY and keeping your members happy. I know how to manage a game. Calling me uneducated is calling me stupid. And he called me an ungrateful brat. Ungrateful? Really? I'm grateful for that the staff do usually, but I am NOT grateful about THIS and the way staff are treating us now. Why would I? Why would I be GRATEFUL to be insulted? Why would I be GRATEFUL to have General taken away, which was my FAVORITE CHAT? Red and his friends that sit on the rock all day doing nothing but chatting, are now insulting us and saying they they are the perfect moderators and throwing their positions around. Well, Red, if you were the perfect moderator, then you would actually interfere when a topic about rape or a bunch of cursing appeared in General, instead of sitting there doing NOTHING. You would actually MODERATE the chat, instead of deleting it and upsetting the community. This is causing way too many fights. Just give us General back and be done with it.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2013, 08:24:17 pm »
People would react around the same way if they would get informed around 1 week or more before the chat would get removed :D
And we got informed about it, look at the OP.
And like I said before in my first post here, we all will learn from it. Good and bad experiences included.
Just wait it out, it will get normal.
But this hostility now is killing me xc why can't people be open minded and be like: ''Ok, yes I miss general. I would like it back, but I will see what I can do now for the time being, maybe It won't even be that bad, after all it is just a test.''

(iMello... :/ look at what you wrote and you will see why Red called you like that...)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:33:17 pm by Vessan »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:12 pm »
Wait, one more reply.

iMello, I think you are getting a little to overboard with the debating.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2013, 08:37:45 pm »
What I say is true.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2013, 09:22:19 pm »
I will be so happy to see people actually MOVING around the game. I see people sitting in one spot talking in general too often. Sit on your bum on your computer only to sit on your bum in a game... Sitception. Keep general down to liven up the game, I don't understand why people are so mad about it.

Russian's and Polish have to keep out of general and they seem Ok with it. If they can deal with it so can we. It's just a chat, be thankful the game is still up. Some are being a bit selfish over this if I'm honest.