Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 166947 times)

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2013, 03:07:16 am »
Wow, I just found out a little while ago about this, no words to say what a rush it was reading all those comments. I just have to say, personally I want general back. Sometimes it is fun to be like a messenger running around advertising your group, although overall it IS rather inconvenient. (I am trying to keep up with an open mind though) Starting around page 15 it got hostile, and getting to the point where it seems like a war. Can't we all express opinions and say things about what we like and dislike without starting a forum and game war? Anyhow, I just want to say that the mods have a point, people are being rude and disrespecting them, but I do wish we had more information and I really still don't understand why it was shut down. I would appriciate it if we found out the main causes, it could probably sooth some of the conflict and everyone could work it out. (PS: I hope not to offend anyone, I wish to find out some answers though.)
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2013, 06:12:58 am »
Thanks for the response White. Though I definitely want General back, I think I can happily hang back for a while since I'm pretty sure I've said everything else I want to say. I can spend a bit more time OOC or with more on-the-spot RPs for a little bit I suppose. Good luck to ya floofs!

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2013, 08:08:15 am »
So, basically you won't consider bringing General back until we stop acting like abused babies and actually give it a chance with a positive mindset? I can work with that fairly enough.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline flurfy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 28, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »
Are you guys trying to get General fixed? It's really annoying with all the movie spammers ._.

Offline Toxic Reverie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 28, 2013, 05:26:46 pm »
Are you guys trying to get General fixed? It's really annoying with all the movie spammers ._.

Fixed? It's not broken. They took it down on purpose.
I no longer log on to this account on the forums.

Offline MaxwellFury

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Fellmekke.deviantart.com
« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2013, 05:39:29 pm »
I barely used the chat, so it ain't a problem to me.

The real problem is that game keep crashing.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 28, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »
Yes I've noticed the game has been crashing a lot lately for my friend and myself as well. And it's been lagging too, which it has never done before. Maybe it's because of the movie spam or something? Either way, the game has seemed to have a negative...shift in my eyes. I do hope something is indeed done about general, such as bringing it back or just making a new advertisement chat or just....something :c

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #377 on: June 28, 2013, 10:58:03 pm »
I don't care if the chat comes back or not, as I do not play this game. I am bothered by the way that this was brought about. Things often get worse before they get better, and if speaking one's mind is what will get it to that point, then so be it. Because not commenting on it is no different than saying something.

I point out things as I see them. If it comes off as pointing fingers then that's not entirely my problem.

This "test", and an unannounced one at that, is pretty much treating the people here like lab mice. If the human factor is important to the staff, then it's important to the members as well. And from this it does not look like there was a human factor or consideration put towards the community with this change. If there were, it would have been handled in a much different way.

This is "treat as you want to be treated" coming back full fold. As I've said before, giving word ahead of time would have softened the blow because then people would come on and at least SEE that there was some sort of interaction. But there wasn't and it's looking like more of a test where the people involved are no more than numbers on a board.

Lab mice? No. This is not that type of experiment. They are testing to see if this will do good for the community or do bad. They are trying to find ways to make this game better. There is always a chance that the change won't be good but if the change is good and we like it then no one is mad.
Let us say that this experiment included adding another chat even though that isn't possible. Woah? A new chat? Heck yeah! So just because the experiment is more favored we aren't lab rats anymore. Do you understand where I am getting? Experiments take all forms and just because you don't like one it doesn't mean we are suddenly poor, defenseless, lab rats.
Also, this is for some doubters but I have seen the mods at work many times. Even though mods might not look like they aren't doing anything doesn't mean they really aren't!

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 28, 2013, 11:35:26 pm »
I think you're looking into my metaphor a little too deeply.

I'm just pointing out things how I see them. Lab mice are often used to try and better situations mankind can't handle, so when I look at the removal of General Chat and see that the word "test" is stamped all over it, that's how I see it.

It's been said numerous times that this whole removal of General is a test. To better something in the community? Maybe yes or no. Though that means things are being observed, and it's likely that results are being noticed, and depending on the results may or may not depend on the return of General or not.

So it's really easy for me to see the community as lab mice in a sense. They're all subjects to this 'experiment'. It can be harmful in some ways and not in others.

I'd look at it the same regardless of the situation. 'Tests' always make me think of science experiments, and when there isn't a way out of something it just makes the people involved look like subjects to it and, as I said, numbers on a board.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:41:14 pm by Shusuke »

Offline icethewolf1

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2013, 12:14:54 am »
-Sigh- I think we can all see that many people are no liking this idea.... e.e

So.... If I may put a suggestion here, Maybe we should put a Poll about if general should come back or not, so we can all know what the general public wants.

Getting sutch an importantly used chat off of public maps is very big! I just think we should know what the magority wants most.... ^.^'