Author Topic: EDIT alright I guess I figured whats the problem, please some mod read this  (Read 2399 times)

Offline kromn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
so apparently the problem is absolutely related to specific accounts and not anything gameish, the game works fine and perfect, I tried another old very old account and it works perfectly: , I just logged in the island and works perfect, I reset home to the lone cave, and works perfect, the log that says cant find items is no problem, the game works, the problem

my first theory is that is related to the amount of friends logged at the same time, or the time the char was created on, maybe they erased characters from the server list by accident which are newer than certain time, or just a glich produced by many group members logged at the same time, or because of being member to a group that no longer exist or something like that, or maybe someone who has you blocked produces the crash, if there could be  a way to remove friends or leave group, or things like that, or the block character or whatever that could mean this absurd crash, I think there would no ever solution if not. unless they check this carefully, those are the only things I can tell that I have in difference to each account, the one that crashes has posibbly many friends logged, some poeple who has it blocked, im blocking some poeple, and also is member to a group that may has been disbanded, although I remember the game was working fine till monday morning, so I wonder if there was any setting on the servers changed that makes any conflic with this settings.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:44:38 am by kromn »

Offline Tatsuhiro

• Curious Wanderer
  • In-game User: Tatsuhiro
    • View Profile
Re: crashes game on loading for no apparent reason
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:27:25 am »
I would try to reinstall the FH game itself to fix the crashes but I would also check to see if there are any unneeded or unwanted particle files. As for resetting a character if you log into the site, not the forum, you will see a link that says "Character Reset". It's the third one down. Then you click on it and scroll down and log in again and just click "Go Home" on the character you want to go home. "Reset Home" will reset the character's home to Lonely Cave. Hope this helps...

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:09:14 pm »
Ahh the same bloody thing is happening with me too. I haven't tried making a new account but a reinstall didn't work for me. What's weird is that this was out of the blue. It just crashed and wouldn't work again.

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline ~PowerfulThree~

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »
I kinda have the same problem, when I log onto one certain character, my game crashes. I don't know what happened, I can log onto other characters just fine but I crash every time with that one character. And it happens to be the one character that I really need to get on. Can anyone help or give me some clues as to what I should do?

Warriors have earned a place in my heart.<3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:35 pm »
You're not the only one going through it. It's happening to me as well. Any character going to or already in Flourite Plains crash randomly. Most likely it's the server acting up again. Just be patient it will get sorted out.  Take a break or spend some time on one of the maps that isn't crashing in the meantime.

Offline ~PowerfulThree~

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:51:40 pm »
Alright thanks, I kinda wondered if it had to do with Flourite but I hope it's up and running soon. I guess I'll stick to map making for a bit.

Warriors have earned a place in my heart.<3

Offline kromn

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:06 am »
Im trying loggin with any character I have and no use, its frustration cause I see more than 800 p playing and I cant log int, the screen seems about to load then just crashes, I think there is something with either the stage or the friends loging that makes the game crashing, although even the only problems with this game crashing was because of an erased map, or a glitch with the keyboard language when I pressed a wrong key,  but I cant guess how could be related to it, anyway, the only think I could guess, is that the screen that shows the "unable to conecct" whaveter is not showing... I remember there was times I got that screen dozens of times till I could connect, maybe for some reason that screen is not showing and just crashes, because one of the the previous comments says he was able to connect with certain character, and I really cant connect with any, so I guess I keep on trying...

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Im trying loggin with any character I have and no use, its frustration cause I see more than 800 p playing and I cant log int, the screen seems about to load then just crashes, I think there is something with either the stage or the friends loging that makes the game crashing, although even the only problems with this game crashing was because of an erased map, or a glitch with the keyboard language when I pressed a wrong key,  but I cant guess how could be related to it, anyway, the only think I could guess, is that the screen that shows the "unable to conecct" whaveter is not showing... I remember there was times I got that screen dozens of times till I could connect, maybe for some reason that screen is not showing and just crashes, because one of the the previous comments says he was able to connect with certain character, and I really cant connect with any, so I guess I keep on trying...

When the server has +800 people online, it is kinda hard to reach to the server.
Also remember to close other applications while playing FH, it will connect way more smoother.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
This is still something I'm quite not certain about, but I'd like to believe it has something to do with the friendlist.

I've gotten a few reports throughout the time here about players getting a bigger friendlist, and then one day decide to clean out it out, it has happened that once they do this, it gets to a point where the user constantly will crash on that account. I cannot verify if it's character based, or account based, but from what it seems, there's something that messes it up on the whole account.

There just hasn't been enough to find where the issue might lay with this, if it's an ingame glitch or server one, but it could really be either.

Something that people must keep in mind with this odd happening is that there's 2 kinds of it and I know this for a fact:

1st type is that the game just wont work on a certain account, no matter what you try it will crash your game and you're left with an ineffective account, source of the issue I'm not certain about, if it's friendlist, groups, specific character.

2nd type is temporary and can be caused by certain people and their friendlists, once they connect to a map with that user in it, they can cause the whole map to crash for everyone, but this one doesn't happen too often.

The one mentioned above shouldn't be confused, with just being affected by this crash, because if any user try to connect to the map as it's down due to the crash given on type n2, or if they are inside of the map before and as it crashes, they'd most likely be able to join the game with ease again, except that one particular user that caused the crash together with the other one walking into the map.

There's also a third crash but it's completely unrelated to the subject at hand, but I thought I'd explain it.
It's when users cause the crash for themselves, either the computer can't keep up, or if they input a non english key for example. Their game client crashes but everyone else is still connected and play normally, this crash should not be confused with the ones above.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline kromn

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
This is still something I'm quite not certain about, but I'd like to believe it has something to do with the friendlist.

I've gotten a few reports throughout the time here about players getting a bigger friendlist, and then one day decide to clean out it out, it has happened that once they do this, it gets to a point where the user constantly will crash on that account. I cannot verify if it's character based, or account based, but from what it seems, there's something that messes it up on the whole account.

There just hasn't been enough to find where the issue might lay with this, if it's an ingame glitch or server one, but it could really be either.

Something that people must keep in mind with this odd happening is that there's 2 kinds of it and I know this for a fact:

1st type is that the game just wont work on a certain account, no matter what you try it will crash your game and you're left with an ineffective account, source of the issue I'm not certain about, if it's friendlist, groups, specific character.

2nd type is temporary and can be caused by certain people and their friendlists, once they connect to a map with that user in it, they can cause the whole map to crash for everyone, but this one doesn't happen too often.

The one mentioned above shouldn't be confused, with just being affected by this crash, because if any user try to connect to the map as it's down due to the crash given on type n2, or if they are inside of the map before and as it crashes, they'd most likely be able to join the game with ease again, except that one particular user that caused the crash together with the other one walking into the map.

There's also a third crash but it's completely unrelated to the subject at hand, but I thought I'd explain it.
It's when users cause the crash for themselves, either the computer can't keep up, or if they input a non english key for example. Their game client crashes but everyone else is still connected and play normally, this crash should not be confused with the ones above.

is there any chance to reset the account, im sure if all data regarding to it could be removed and left just as If I just created the account would work, I mean, I dont care about the character, I can make them again, the probolem is people im known to this account, I just would need to send the friend request again, is a bother that this happened, cause I actually cared about a 3 friends of the whole account, and just added others for a random rp and it crashed always... and now to think about it, I wonder if just was for me, or it could affect them all too? if not, I have to think is something about the friends amount...