Author Topic: The Old World (Literate, semi-realistic, mapped, Post-Apocalypse rp)  (Read 10267 times)

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
Re: The Old World (Literate, semi-realistic, mapped, Post-Apocalypse rp)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 03:29:25 am »
Username: Hipster Rin

Character Name: Kofi Dumisani Afolayan

Character Age: Young Adult

Character Personality: You could call the little fellow a coward, or a genius. Your mileage may vary. However, Kofi generally avoids conflict. Or...people in general. He would like friends, but has always been taught by his mother that one should always look out for themselves before others, and groups usually cause trouble. At the first sign of a situation turning painful or stressful to him, he flees, which is why having a mate and close friends is difficult for him. However, he is very smart, and very resourceful. After all...he's still alive, isn't he? He can be playful and teasing, but usually only offers forth a jaded, sardonic persona, meant to drive off people. After all...there's not much hope, is there? One can only hope to live as long as he can, and keep his belly as full as possible. When it comes to paranoia, Kofi doesn't even tell people he meets his real name, until the odd chance occurs that he opens his heart to someone. He has the awful habit of watching various inhabitants of the Old World, leading to his self inflicted alias, "Paki", or "Witness"

Character Back story: As a pup, Kofi was raised only by his mother. His father had left to take care of himself long before. Not because he and Kofi's mother had problems...it has always just been easier to survive only taking care of one's self. He came by every now and then to see how his love and his son kept up, but only brought the occasional piece of prey to his new family. Kofi had always looked up to this strong, independent brute, and therefore, copied his example. At the age of eleven months and six days, he gave his mother an affectionate lick, and left to strike out on his own.

Picture and Description:

Marvel at his unremarkable appearance! >:U MARVEL!

Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline Lorris

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 03:50:50 am »
Username: Hipster Rin

Character Name: Kofi Dumisani Afolayan

Character Personality: You could call the little fellow a coward, or a genius. Your mileage may vary. However, Kofi generally avoids conflict. Or...people in general. He would like friends, but has always been taught by his mother that one should always look out for themselves before others, and groups usually cause trouble. At the first sign of a situation turning painful or stressful to him, he flees, which is why having a mate and close friends is difficult for him. However, he is very smart, and very resourceful. After all...he's still alive, isn't he? He can be playful and teasing, but usually only offers forth a jaded, sardonic persona, meant to drive off people. After all...there's not much hope, is there? One can only hope to live as long as he can, and keep his belly as full as possible. When it comes to paranoia, Kofi doesn't even tell people he meets his real name, until the odd chance occurs that he opens his heart to someone. He has the awful habit of watching various inhabitants of the Old World, leading to his self inflicted alias, "Paki", or "Witness"

Character Back story: As a pup, Kofi was raised only by his mother. His father had left to take care of himself long before. Not because he and Kofi's mother had problems...it has always just been easier to survive only taking care of one's self. He came by every now and then to see how his love and his son kept up, but only brought the occasional piece of prey to his new family. Kofi had always looked up to this strong, independent brute, and therefore, copied his example. At the age of eleven months and six days, he gave his mother an affectionate lick, and left to strike out on his own.

Picture and Description:

Marvel at his unremarkable appearance! >:U MARVEL!

Great App! Will be sending the password to your inbox right away!

Offline Conci

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 04:02:37 am »
Great Application! I will send you the password in a moment!
Thanks!

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 04:21:28 am »
I'm afraid I'm having trouble getting into the map. I've followed all instructions, but it says the "Dust" weather doesn't exist. Any help for this?

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:11 am »
I'm afraid I'm having trouble getting into the map. I've followed all instructions, but it says the "Dust" weather doesn't exist. Any help for this?
Did you put "Dusty.fhw" into exports? I would double check to make sure it is in there and if it is and if it is still not working then I will send you a link of the custom particle I used for the weather. Maybe having those files will make it work.

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 04:34:21 am »
I did indeed put it into Exports. I even made sure I put it in there the first time the error occurred, and it said I could copy the file. Would you send me the particles? I'm sure that'd be a big help, thank you for your time! ^w^

Offline Conci

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »
I just deleted Dusty.fhw. The map works fine now. If I could have the particle as well, that would be awesome, because I have no idea what the weather is. ^^;
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:09:44 pm by Conci »

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 11:26:53 pm »
Bumping for great justice! Also bumping because if I get enough members, I might be tempted to add a secret to the map.

Offline supercookie94

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 11:58:29 pm »
Username: supercookie94

Character Name: Amara

Character Personality: Amara is a kind feline, who could not commit a wrong deed even if she wanted to.  Although she is kind, if she or anyone she loves is threatened, she can be a vicious creature.  She is very tough, and will not complain of discomfort or injury, unless it is very serious.

Character Back story: She was born with two sisters and a brother.  When she was about 2 months old, she was stolen from her mother by another creature, it's intentions unknown.  By nightfall of the that day, the creature mad a mysterious disappearance and Amara was left by herself.  She took cover under a rock that night and wailed for her mother to come rescue her, but nobody came.  She then scavenged for food until she taught herself how to hunt.  She fought for survival until she became full grown, and now has become a formidable predator, hardened by the toughness of fending for herself.  She still looks for her family to this day.

Picture and Description: (my computer is being weird, and not letting me post a picture, so i'll provide a detailed description for you.)  Amara has a light sandy colored pelt, with dark brown stripes down her sides.  Her face has deep green eyes, and dark brown stripes that frame them.  She is a medium sized feline that is very thin, but has much muscle.  No mane or tufts of fur.  

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19:52 am »
Username: supercookie94

Character Name: Amara

Character Personality: Amara is a kind feline, who could not commit a wrong deed even if she wanted to.  Although she is kind, if she or anyone she loves is threatened, she can be a vicious creature.  She is very tough, and will not complain of discomfort or injury, unless it is very serious.

Character Back story: She was born with two sisters and a brother.  When she was about 2 months old, she was stolen from her mother by another creature, it's intentions unknown.  By nightfall of the that day, the creature mad a mysterious disappearance and Amara was left by herself.  She took cover under a rock that night and wailed for her mother to come rescue her, but nobody came.  She then scavenged for food until she taught herself how to hunt.  She fought for survival until she became full grown, and now has become a formidable predator, hardened by the toughness of fending for herself.  She still looks for her family to this day.

Picture and Description: (my computer is being weird, and not letting me post a picture, so i'll provide a detailed description for you.)  Amara has a light sandy colored pelt, with dark brown stripes down her sides.  Her face has deep green eyes, and dark brown stripes that frame them.  She is a medium sized feline that is very thin, but has much muscle.  No mane or tufts of fur. 
This is a good app, but there is a little detail that confuses me; in the personality section you say "Amara is a kind feline, who could not commit a wrong deed even if she wanted to.", but in the backstory you also say "She fought for survival until she became full grown, and now has become a formidable predator, hardened by the toughness of fending for herself." It just seems that these two bits of information are in conflict with eachother and I was wondering if you could give me some clarification on it.