Author Topic: The Old World (Literate, semi-realistic, mapped, Post-Apocalypse rp)  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
Re: The Old World (Literate, semi-realistic, mapped, Post-Apocalypse rp)
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »
Oh, oh! I decided to check FH out again after a long absence for some good RP, and I come across this! What a brilliant concept, count me in!

Username
Tawny

Character Name
Aria

Character Age
Young Adult

Character Personality
Survival is about adaptation, where you don't have the physicality then your mentality is key. Caution could be the difference between life and death, eating or not, or acquainting yourself with friend or foe. Far from asocial or shy, Aria is simply cautious and takes the time to analyse another before deciding to approach. She is not outgoing, nor is she withdrawn, but rather a comfortable medium; being polite, positive, yet practical with a steady grasp upon reality. She would rather avoid hostile situations, but is far from beyond holding her own if cornered or whenever necessity beckons.

Character Back Story
Aria was born to a medium litter of three, as a middle pup, to a mother of whom was too worn to survive their birth. As per the other creatures of this land, she was born tailored for survival where others had failed. However, odds were against her as she was the only of the three to never gain her sense of sight. With the scarce food resources, competition was an issue from the moment the litter were able to stomach solids -- her father was far from irresponsible, but with small returned kills to feed a family, there would be sibling scuffles in the rush to fill their bellies and often some would be left without.

So, she learned to anticipate.

She would focus to catch a familiar scent approaching, to hear the sound of paws trotting near, long before her siblings. She would intercept her parent before he reached home, and take her fill. By the time she was old enough to hunt for herself, she was accustomed to the smell of death from returning prey. Scavenging was very slim picking, a popular choice for desperate creatures, she occasionally was able to catch the scent early enough for scraps. Otherwise, her attuned nose could detect impending death in sickly creatures, or catch the spike of blood in the breeze from a wound. Waiting and stalking was practical, but often that would take days, so picking and choosing when to risk attacking was akin to flipping a coin with the risk of starvation.

Aria and her family have long since taken separate roads, and sheer instinct and adaptation has kept the canine very much alive.

Picture and Description

No added details!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:24:40 pm by Tawny »

Offline Lorris

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 12:46:33 am »
Oh, oh! I decided to check FH out again after a long absence for some good RP, and I come across this! What a brilliant concept, count me in!

Username
Tawny

Character Name
Aria

Character Age
Young Adult

Character Personality
Survival is about adaptation, where you don't have the physicality then your mentality is key. Caution could be the difference between life and death, eating or not, or acquainting yourself with friend or foe. Far from asocial or shy, Aria is simply cautious and takes the time to analyse another before deciding to approach. She is not outgoing, nor is she withdrawn, but rather a comfortable medium; being polite, positive, yet practical with a steady grasp upon reality. She would rather avoid hostile situations, but is far from beyond holding her own if cornered or whenever necessity beckons.

Character Back Story
Aria was born to a medium litter of three, as a middle pup, to a mother of whom was too worn to survive their birth. As per the other creatures of this land, she was born tailored for survival where others had failed. However, odds were against her as she was the only of the three to never gain her sense of sight. With the scarce food resources, competition was an issue from the moment the litter were able to stomach solids -- her father was far from irresponsible, but with small returned kills to feed a family, there would be sibling scuffles in the rush to fill their bellies and often some would be left without.

So, she learned to anticipate.

She would focus to catch a familiar scent approaching, to hear the sound of paws trotting near, long before her siblings. She would intercept her parent before he reached home, and take her fill. By the time she was old enough to hunt for herself, she was accustomed to the smell of death from returning prey. Scavenging was very slim picking, a popular choice for desperate creatures, she occasionally was able to catch the scent early enough for scraps. Otherwise, her attuned nose could detect impending death in sickly creatures, or catch the spike of blood in the breeze from a wound. Waiting and stalking was practical, but often that would take days, so picking and choosing when to risk attacking was akin to flipping a coin with the risk of starvation.

Aria and her family have long since taken separate roads, and sheer instinct and adaptation has kept the canine very much alive.

Picture and Description

No added details!
Great app! sending you the password

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 12:49:25 am »
I tried doing that, but it doesn't look as nice as it was...so I think I'll keep to the original, if that's okay.
Alright, but personally I would sacrifice looking good for looking like they actually belong in the environment.

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:30 pm »
Thank you! I don't seem to have received the password though, but I read back and there's been some issues with the PM system? If you want to email it through or whisper it in game, that would be fine too!

Dracknorin

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »
I've been gone awhile. Sorry 'bout that :/

Anything interesting happen while I was gone?

(Also, can I write an application for a second character, so I have some variety?)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:45:08 pm by Dracknorin »

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 02:33:17 am »
I've been gone awhile. Sorry 'bout that :/

Anything interesting happen while I was gone?

(Also, can I write an application for a second character, so I have some variety?)
Not much has happened in game sadly, but we have been getting new members slowly but surely! Also yes you -may- make another app; but I think I will limit it to two characters per person withtheexceptionofmyselfofcourseforIamgod.

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:03 am »
Thank you! I don't seem to have received the password though, but I read back and there's been some issues with the PM system? If you want to email it through or whisper it in game, that would be fine too!
Yeah I have had this before; if you could pop me a whisper sometime soon I will get right to you. My username is MorlyDrac

Dracknorin

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 08:37:15 am »
withtheexceptionofmyselfofcourseforIamgod.
As a D&D player, you have no idea how much I respect that rule.

Username: Dracknorin

Character Name: Rot

Character Age: Young adult

Character Appearance/Backstory/Personality: (I'm just going to roll it all into one thing)
(In-game)
(A quick sketch of Rot)

At first glance, Rot is hardly distinguishable from a large desert reptile. His kind are descendants of the vultures, and have kept their keen senses.
His large yellow eyes glow slightly in the shade, and his dry, scaly skin is bare, save for a few feathery tufts of greyish plumage. He is shifty, and small. He often stands upon his birdlike hind feet to look around, and scan the air with a keen sense of smell derived from his ancestors. His front arms have two fingers, one is a short grasper like finger with a claw, and the other is a long wing-finger with a long sharp talon.
He perches near a feline, hissing and squawking, harassing the sickly creature. Try as it may, it could neither shake nor discourage him.  Many see Rot's species as bad omens, as they seem to bring death along with them. Being stalked by one, is a sure sign that death will soon be at your heels.

Rot is truly a shifty and crafty creature. He is small, and not adapted to hunting for food. He is well equipped to seek out the dead, the dying, and the helpless. He treats scavenging as a way of life. Food is almost his only concern, and he will do anything to fill his stomach. Rot is a good speaker, always willing to make a deal with those that would approach him, and always sure that things will work out in his favor. He is ruthless however. He knows not the concept of mercy, and has no sympathy for the weak. If you are not stronger than him, you are below him, food, and nothing more.

This vicious struggle for survival when he and his five nestmates hatched in an underground nest beneath one of the structures in the hangout.
Immediately, the stronger chicks devoured their weaker siblings. So, with only three left alive, they made their way to the surface. Their mother carefully picked them up and carried them to safety. One sibling was accidently killed by the mother's sharp beak. The two remaining chicks were allowed to live in their mother's territory for only a few weeks before they were chased out, and never met again.
From then on, life had only been a struggle to survive. Rot saw fear in the faces of those that believed him an omen, and has learned to manipulate that fear at times.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:16:44 am by Dracknorin »

Offline Lorris

• Natoka
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 08:43:57 am »
withtheexceptionofmyselfofcourseforIamgod.
As a D&D player, you have no idea how much I respect that rule.

Username: Dracknorin

Character Name: Rot

Character Age: Young adult

Character Appearance:
(In-game)
(A quick sketch of Rot)

Holy crap I love that sketch! A very cool design too; inspired by transitional dinosaur-birds perhaps? However, mind giving me a brief rundown of backstory and personality? I understand that the first time around those things were mostly a test of literacy and creativity; but I would like to know just a bit about this one too in the event that I get enough people to try and do world events -cough-.

Dracknorin

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 09:18:06 am »
I derped, and posted instead of previewed, sorry. :P