Author Topic: They Freak Out When They See You  (Read 2647 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
They Freak Out When They See You
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:20:27 pm »
NOTE: This does not bash on people's fandoms or anyone. I'm just curious about encounters you had that freaked you out when you're on a certain character from a popular show/movie or even recognized from the forum.

So what kind of creepy encounters have you had when someone freaks out on you? Well, even if they aren't trying to troll I just want to see them. X)
Let me say a few of mine.

Not long ago today, I was on my Tsume character. Finally got his darn preset to be fixed up and ready for in-game, and then suddenly I encounter someone who is a fan of Wolf's Rain. Now Tsume is from Wolf's Rain, however, my character is from a fanfiction of it and usually I'd say he is the same wolf, however, a spirit who died, had a new life to live, then finally became a guardian spirit. Long story.
But I some how found it pretty creepy. Now I'm not trying to harm them, I just want to see your encounters with these people.
Here's a screenshot when they first realized who I was.

Yeah.. >_< And then when I hid by the Kreptises (I was in Cape) he said "Tsume wouldn't hide," and then I said "I'm OOC" >_<
For some reason I both find this encounter funny and at the same time creepy. Again, it's not to be mean or bash on fandoms, it's just encounters that you may find creepy.

Another short story really would be going to Bonfire on Tsume around all these people. 'nuff said.

I find them kind of amusing really afterwards, not to make fun of but the way they just sometimes act. It's interesting.
So, has anyone acted creepy or odd when they see you are a forum person or when they see you're character is from a show or movie?
Have you had any encounters? Go ahead and tell us! ^_^ But please, don't yell at someone unless it's really bad, and try to stay nice about your encounters, eh? ;)

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: They Freak Out When They See You
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:48 pm »
It happened a lot when I played Hetalia characters. Especially since I'm on my America one a lot (made a preset and everything X3)

The main one was I made a character from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I had Fai. D. Flourite. Beautiful preset, nicely done, in character, the whole shebang. Except I got creeped on by this one person. Not many people knew of Tsubasa so it really was just them and me. And they kept asking for my preset. And they kept asking to roleplay. And it was just this really awkward stalkerish encounter. I eventually blocked the bloke before getting rid of Fai all together.

Recently I went around as The Spine and Rabbit from Steam Powered Giraffe. A few noticed here and there, but it wasn't as bad as the previous experience. So I'm assuming it's not as bad as it could be anymore.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:34 am »
I use to have a character named "Dark Lord Ganon" you remember him Huggy? Lol, a lot of people tried to kill me xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 12:57:12 am »
It happened a lot when I played Hetalia characters. Especially since I'm on my America one a lot (made a preset and everything X3)

The main one was I made a character from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I had Fai. D. Flourite. Beautiful preset, nicely done, in character, the whole shebang. Except I got creeped on by this one person. Not many people knew of Tsubasa so it really was just them and me. And they kept asking for my preset. And they kept asking to roleplay. And it was just this really awkward stalkerish encounter. I eventually blocked the bloke before getting rid of Fai all together.

Recently I went around as The Spine and Rabbit from Steam Powered Giraffe. A few noticed here and there, but it wasn't as bad as the previous experience. So I'm assuming it's not as bad as it could be anymore.

That middle one is really creepy... .o. Lol. Thanks for sharing! Those are pretty good to read, as stated as creepy-ish. ^_^

I use to have a character named "Dark Lord Ganon" you remember him Huggy? Lol, a lot of people tried to kill me xD

I remember him. And lol, that is a bit creepy. XD Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Also, I do remember in-game when I saw a new member in Bonfire, I was Tsume, and you guessed it, they were kiba with no caps.
It wasn't too creepy, but at the same time a few people recognized my character too.
Kiba also invited me to a Wolf's Rain group, which I declined 'cause of the different character background and sturf. Lol.

Them creepy encounters with people are still amusing to me. XD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:59:29 am by Hugrf »

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:11 am »
I don't really know why people would flip out if they see a certain person under a commercial character. It's seen all the time, it's real common. Like Spyro, Link, and so forth.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:10:28 am »
Am I the only person that made a Zant from LoZ? I Luv dat guy :D

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:21 am »
I rp TLK, (AKA The Lion King). I rp literate, and everyone like freaked out and wanted to rp with a literate Mufasa 030. It was a weird moment, so I just switched charries.

Just the other day I was rping with meh friend, and we were going to attack another group. So naturally I followed since there was nothing better to do. When I got there people started yelling, "DUNA XD" And I was thinking in my head, "Am I that popular?"

Sometimes Feralheart never fails to amuse me, but also freaks me out

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:51:34 am »
Am I the only person that made a Zant from LoZ? I Luv dat guy :D

Zant is awesome, I love the battle you have with his afterwards. His laughter when he's shooting at you, priceless.

I rp TLK, (AKA The Lion King). I rp literate, and everyone like freaked out and wanted to rp with a literate Mufasa 030. It was a weird moment, so I just switched charries.

Just the other day I was rping with meh friend, and we were going to attack another group. So naturally I followed since there was nothing better to do. When I got there people started yelling, "DUNA XD" And I was thinking in my head, "Am I that popular?"

Sometimes Feralheart never fails to amuse me, but also freaks me out

Lol, embrace your popularity. And yes, I've seen where people would just simply spaz out because they spot someone out of random greeting. Though, it may seem odd that they would react that way, but then on the other hand, makes the other person who's doing the spazzing special for meeting you in the first place  :)
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:11:59 am »
Oh God... I remember one time, IRL, not too long ago, actually.. I went to Six Flags with Blue, Red, and Green... (Keep in mind we were dressed... as the Links, because... we're the Links. Lol.) We were mobbed by about... four fangirls. It was scary. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 12:17:13 pm »
Well, my story isn't related to the occurrence of being someone, but rather my overall username. Apparently, every once in a while, people will either openly freak out or whisper me whenever they see me stroll by due to the fact my username being 'Dishonored', which is the name of that game that came out not too long ago. I don't mind it, find it quite amusing actually, but we're all sharing stories here, no?
I remember one time when I was in Fluorite Plains, dead of night, hardly when anyone is awake and online. Well, I decided to do one of those rare moments and actually speak in General (this was way back when we still had General). The response I got was someone yelling out, "Ohmaigerd! Dishonored! You so made my day! Corvo is sooo flipping awesome! WHERE ARE YOU?!"
I just sat there and never spoke in General again that night. Of course, I wasn't generally rude though it did unease me a bit.
gone