Author Topic: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)  (Read 16290 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 01:53:20 am »
Grantaire, by then, had dozed off, despite the wind and rain outside that once again grew stronger. The mutt's ears flicked as Xachi's words broke his slumber. His eyelids shot open and he scrambled up to his haunches with the sudden remembrance that he was supposed to be awake to keep watch. "Huh? Wha- Yeah- I'm awake! Why wouldn't I be! Heh heh.." He rambled awkwardly, thumping his tail and hoping the badger hadn't noticed he nodded off on the 'job.'
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »
Xachi narrowed her eyes at Grantaire, before shaking her head slightly. "Canines." She muttered, gesturing out the doorway of the bathroom. "The storm's gone. We'd better hurry and find what we need before it hits again - hopefully, it doesn't." Xachi repeated, landing on all fours as she scurried out the bathroom. Her claws clicked against the floor as she waited for Grantaire to start moving.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:07 pm »
In a certain house, Silencia watched the winds whip at the glass windows of her home as she sat there, checkered bandana limply dangling from her neck. She had found an abandoned house on the edge of the river. Her owners have disappeared without a trace, and it made her nervous. The Serval licked her lips and turned around, only to see a massive oak crash through the roof, destroying everything beneath it. The young feline leaped back, feeling trapped and terrified. Without thinking, she leaped at the now laying oak as rain crashed through the destroyed roof. Silence grasped the raspy bark of the oak and clambered up, dashing over it to the second part of the house. There was no way out. The crown of the oak was covering the door, and there was no way she could get to it now. Wind struck at her heels as the female watched the window while crouching. With a yowl, she leaped at it, ducking her head and straining her paws forward as she broke through the glass, shattering the window and landing in the backyard. The Serval flipped about in the air and landed on her feet, taking quick breaths before dashing off into the brambles.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:48:07 pm by Tariri »

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:52 pm »
Sage's ears perked up, and she suddenly realized silence had filled the air. She sat still for a few minutes, licking the remain flavor of meat from her mouth and waiting for the howls of the wind to kick up again. Nothing happened. Curiosity struck her, and she scrambled up onto her paws, trotting towards the front door in hopes of opening it. A shut door met her face, and she recalled nosing it shut before the hurricane could carry her off. Leaping up, she caught the round knob with her mouth and twisted it. The door swung open, and she stuck her head through, gaping at the sight.

Dead trees littered the stretch of grass before her, their twisted branches intertwining with each other. There were many other items that didn't belong in nature, and Sage couldn't bear to look any longer. Everything was ruined. A part of her longed to go back outside, and as much as she wanted to do so, she knew that the storm would start up again. She had no idea where she would go or how much time she had. She went back inside and nudged the door shut. As the click sounded in her ears, she couldn't help but feel trapped with her memories in the empty, silent farmhouse.

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »
Silencia panted, trekking across the mud as the wind and rain lashed at her ears. She wanted to find her owners, but the will to survive made her think otherwise. Her ears perked up in alert. She could hear a door shut nearby. She quickly opened her mouth to taste the air like all cats do, sinking to the ground and pinning her ears to her scalp. If something caught her here, where she couldn't escape, she would be doomed. The Serval started to weave through the ferns and into an opening, where a large farmhouse stood. She opened her mouth and tasted the air. There was indeed a faint dog smell coming from the house. Silencia slowly got up and bolted across the clearing, leaping and sinking her onyx claws into the wood of the house. She scampered up to the window and nibbled the lock that held them shut, successfully flinging them open. She launched herself inside, landing on the cold wood floor below.

{Can I change characters, maybe?}

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »
(I don't see why not X3)

Grantaire wagged his tail awkwardly, a stupid grin still plastered on his maw. "Right. Okay." He replied quickly, scratching an ear before hopping to his paws and trotting after Xachi. "Well, what do we need? I've got a feeling the storm's not over." He said, glancing around.

Nineveh wandered through the thin woods, eyeing the many fallen trees and piles of debris. Clambering over a fallen log, he halted on top of it, perking his large ears at a small house nearby. A roll of thunder rumbled overhead, another indicator the storm was about to bust open the sky once again, and soon. With a slight whimper, the African Painted Dog hopped off the log and made a run for the house. Skidding to a slow halt, he weaved his way around the corner, raising his head at noticing the front porch. Not thinking there was time to find a way to get inside the house, he settled for the front porch. Digging a hole in the muddy dirt at the side of the elevated porch, he squirmed his body through, popping out successfully underneath the wooden porch. Under there, little light filtered through, making it feel quite comfortable. Nineveh curled up near the back of his little shelter, his nose twitching as the scented breeze filtered through. The rain hadn't started back up yet, but the scent of the wind made it clear it would soon begin again.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »
Xachi opened her mouth to reply to Grantaire's question, but a loud scraping noise was heard outside. "Wait." She murmured, doing her best to softly lumber over. Placing her head against the floor, her eyes widened as she heard something shuffling under the porch. "What is that?..." Deciding to go and investigate, she turned and slammed her head against the door, trying to get it open. Not bothering to ask Grantaire for help, the badger noticed a shiny object on the door and she immediately grasped the object in her jaws, her tongue swiping over it. Gross. She reflected at the taste. Blinking, the sow jerked her head in a direction, causing the door to open with a click. Fishtailed, Xachi scurried out the door and glanced around, raising her snout in the air to sniff. A strong scent of a strange creature flew into her nostrils, and nervousness tingled inside of her. Pausing to glance back at Grantaire, the badger carefully leaped off the porch, landing clumsily in the soggy dirt as she sniffed around. "Hello?" she called, trying to inspect the porch. Something was definitely underneath there - the scent was strong. 

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »
A thump in the house jerked Sage out of the past. Her muscles froze, and she stood still, her ears perked up and straining to catch any other sounds. She heard a wooden board creak, and dread lodged itself into the pit of her stomach. Maybe going outside was a better idea. Her heart skipped a beat as she silently slipped towards the stairs that led to the upper rooms, her soft paws making no sound on the carpet. Sniffing the air, she immediately distinguished the scent of a cat. Her nose twitched.

Cat? she thought, not sure whether to be disgusted or not. Maybe it was trying to find shelter from the storm like me. She stared up the stairs, but she couldn't catch a glimpse of it. She wondered whether she should go up or not, but she decided it would be best to leave it alone. She turned away, ignoring the sliver of interest piercing into her.  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:21:35 pm by Sparrow Lily »

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2013, 10:55:03 pm »
Grantaire cocked his head, skidding to a stop just behind the badger. "Hmm?" He questioned, raising his head to sniff the air. "Uhh smells like some sort of canine- not like one I've ever seen, though." He murmured under his breath, following Xachi out onto the porch. He hopped down into the mud, curiously sniffing at the hole under the porch.

A sudden voice made Nineveh leap to his paws and tuck his tail between his legs. "Uhh- Hello?" He whimpered quietly, taking a couple cautious steps towards the hole exit.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:46 pm »
Xachi's fur bristled as she heard the voice call out. Wondering what it was, the badger slipped down the hole, scurrying down the tunnel as she popped out under the porch. Once her eyes got adjusted to the gloom, they fell on a strange creature splattered with markings. Thinking the creature was hurt, a gasp escaped her. "Are you hurt? It looks like you have blood on your pelt." Xachi murmured, sniffing the air. Strange - there wasn't any scent of blood...