Author Topic: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)  (Read 15938 times)

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
Re: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2013, 12:12:47 pm »
((Eep. Do you guys mind if I make my character join you all? Because she's forever alone in the farmhouse XD))

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2013, 12:14:17 pm »
{{Sure. ^^}}

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »
((Lol, feel free.))

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:46 pm »
((Okay, thanks. :3))

Sage decided the farmhouse was too much for her. She preferred not to be alone with a creature not of her kind, especially since it was a cat. Not caring how much noise she made, she made a mad dash for the door, hastily leaping up and catching the doorknob in her mouth before twisting it roughly and squeezing out the exit. Her feet moved faster till she was running at top speed, flying past the silent houses as the wind blew in her fur and tossed back her ears. A dash of adrenaline sped through her veins, and she almost closed her eyes as the thrill of traveling so fast rushed in her heart. She was going so fast, she thought she would trip, and she almost did, barely missing a sign when she veered a little too far to the right. She immediately slowed down, going at a steady jog and ignoring her rapidly beating heart.

Presently, Sage came across quite an interesting scene. A badger was clawing its way up onto the shore while a pup stood nearby and watched. She wondered if they both were fine - their pelts were plastered to their bodies, and shivers were running up their spines. Curiosity flickered across her eyes, and she cautiously trotted over to them, watching for any unexpected movements aimed towards her.

"Hello," Sage greeted them carefully. "Are you okay?"

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2013, 12:57:37 pm »
When they finally reached the shore, Xachi let out a sigh of relief as she hauled herself onto the dry land. "Finally." She muttered, her pelt drenched as she tried to shake it out. A sudden voice made the badger spin around and snarl at it, but she dropped onto all fours when she realized it was canine who was asking if they were alright. "Another one?" she muttered under her breath, nodding at the dog. "Sorry about that and yes - I think we're fine now." The sow replied, wondering if she really had to keep four canines in the same room with her. Just at the thought of it made her shudder, but she glanced wary at the new canine who had appeared. "Are there more of you?" she inquired, glancing around nervously.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2013, 01:03:22 pm »
Now that the badger was closer, Sage realized it was larger than it had appeared to be when it was desperately straining to escape the icy water's touch. A slight twinge of fear echoed in her heart, and she warily took a step back to place some distance between her and the ferocious-appearing creature. Her ear twitched rapidly, betraying her nervousness. "A-Are there more of you?" she shakily whined, shooting the question back at the badger without answering her. She suddenly realized her impoliteness and the possibility of having offended the badger, and the very thought sent a panic spiking into her. "No!" she yelped. "There's no one else!" Her eyes widened as her claws sank into the wet earth, her fur bristling. "Oh, please do forgive my bad manners," she begged. "I hope you do! I truly hope you do!"

Her tail tucked in between her legs, and shivers ran up her spine. She needed to get a hold of herself before she spun out of control and completely switched personalities. She took a deep breath to calm herself, but it did nothing for her fear. Speechless and afraid, she stared at the badger and waited for her chance to bite it if it attempted to hurt her.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:07:57 pm by CoffeeAddict »

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
Surprise flickered in the badger's eyes as she gawked at the canine, quickly closing her bottom jaw as she stared curiously at the dog. "Not that I know of." She murmured, a little saddened when the creature backfired the question. She did hope there were more of her, but when she scouted around - there was no scent or sign of her kind. Frowning, Xachi muttered something when the canine started to panic. I knew there was always something wrong with these creatures. The sow reflected, her claws digging in the dirt. "You do realize that I'm not going to hurt you, right?" Xachi asked, trying to calm down the canine although she had no experience in doing so.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
A calm fell over Sage upon hearing that there were no more badgers around, and she suddenly grew shy again. She pulled her claws out of the earth, small clumps of dirt wedged into her paws as her fur immediately fell back and relaxed. She blinked at the striped creature, one of her ears flattening against her head in shame. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "I always act like this whenever I get nervous." The canine bent down and ran her tongue over her thin front leg to comfort herself before raising her head and sheepishly adding, "It's something I was born with, I guess."

Sage sat down and stared at the badger to burn its image into her mind. Not all badgers had been as friendly as this one, she realized, which was probably why she had flown into a panic upon assuming she had offended it. She worriedly thought about the long scar embedded on her flank - the one she had received from a hostile badger after she had accidentally stumbled upon it - but it was hidden underneath her soft pelt, so she never really thought about it until now. She blinked at the thought of Xachi's sad tone quivering in her words when she had told Sage that there were no more of her kind with her at the moment.

"You sound sad," Sage remarked. "Have you ever met your own kind?"   

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »
"When I was a little one, yes." Xachi replied, feeling better when the dog calmed down. "But...after the storm...I never saw one of my own kind." The badger added, blinking as she felt the lightest raindrops fall on her pelt. "Well, we might as well hurry back to shelter. I can feel the storm picking up." Xachi murmured, nodding at the canine before turning to the smaller one. "I hope you can walk - I'm afraid I'm not able to pick you up." She told it, still wondering if it was a pup or an adult. Lumbering back to the hole, she bent down, sticking her snout in there. "Grantaire and Painted dog! You'd better get out of there - the storm's brewing." The sow called, before scrambling onto the porch. Unsure of how to open the door, the badger began to feel around, searching for any sign of the clicky object.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »
Pity twinged in Sage's heart, but before she had time to offer a sympathetic phrase towards the badger, the storm interrupted their conversation. Annoyance prickled in her pelt - the weather had quite a reputation for exploding during the worse times. She glanced at the pup, wondering if it really could walk or not. Deciding not to take any chances, she murmured an apology before gently closing her mouth over its scruff, picking it up and quickly walking towards the house that the badger had pointed out. Gently setting the canine on its feet once she felt the firm, wooden boards of the porch underneath her paws, she slightly tilted her head inquiringly at the badger, who was touching the door uncertainly.

"Here," Sage blurted out, dashing forward and leaping up confidently to catch the doorknob with her mouth. She reached it and twisted it sharply, but it wouldn't budge. Confusion rippled through her, and she yanked at it harder, but it refused to open. She dropped back onto her paws and shot a glance at the badger. A part of her hoped the creature would know what was going on, but seeing that she was unable to open the door a few seconds ago, Sage assumed the badger wouldn't know much about the stubborn doorknob now. "I think we'll have to find another way in," she sighed, racing off the porch and running around the house while scanning for any signs of another entrance. She finally spotted another door similar to the one in the front, and she easily opened it.

Her nails clicked against the tiled floor, and Sage stopped as she recognized a familiar, white block with food scents flooding out of it. Resisting the temptation to see if she could open it again, she went to the front door and stared up at it, wondering what was wrong with it. "There's a back door around the house!" she barked to the badger, scratching at the door. "I left it open."