Author Topic: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)  (Read 16293 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: : : S T O R M : : ~ Hurricane Survival RP (Open and Accepting!)
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2013, 12:58:18 am »
Nineveh's  eyes widened and he scampered backwards after the sudden invasion of the source of the voice: a strange creature of which he'd never seen. "Huh? No I'm not hurt! You must mean my markings." He yipped with a laugh, stepping back. He was rather curious of this odd beast and couldn't help but lower his head to give it a couple sniffs.

Grantaire perked his ears an unfamiliar voice rang out. Quickly, he scrambled after Xachi, wriggling his large frame through the narrow hole. "Woah-" He stiffened in surprise at the appearance of the odd colored canine.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2013, 01:02:25 am »
Xachi jerked back, forcing herself not to lash out at the creature with claws when it sniffed her. She hated it when creatures sniffed her - she always wondered if she smelled bad or not. Blinking, the badger rested on all fours as she inspected the canine. "Oh. So, what are you? And what are you doing here?" the sow asked, interested. Xachi knew the answer to her last question would be "hiding out from the storm", but she wanted to be sure. She turned and nodded at Grantaire, although she wasn't sure if the dog could see her in the darkness.

((Edit: @MyCatMeowed: I'm not sure when you will be on, but will you PM WhiteLightHeart and ask her to save this RP or no? Just asking.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:12:15 am by OreoHeroz »

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:21 am »
Nineveh nosed the badger's flank curiously as he sniffed it, then raised his head and perked his enormous ears. "Hmm? Oh, I'm an African Painted Dog. That's what my person always said I was anyway." He narrowed his eyes in thought, then shrugged and plopped down to his haunches. "Well, I'm here to get out of the storm. But I'm here because my old home got destroyed. I had no choice but to run. Then the river overflowed and I got caught up in that. Next thing I know I'm on the river bank. This place was the first thing I saw that seemed safe, so I headed over here before the storm could start again- which I'm sure will happen any minute." The canine explained, taking a breath. His gaze wandered over to the dog standing nearby, but quickly shifted back to the unique little creature. "Well, what are you?" He asked in curiosity before shooting a glance at the dog.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
Replacing my Serval character. ^^

Name: Kohl
Species: Dog/German Shepherd mix
House pet or stray: (If you are a cat of dog): Stray
Crush: N/A
Mate: N/A
Pups, kits, hatchlings: N/A
Personality: Very timid, especially now when she had lost her mother. She will rather fight than flee, though.
History: As the storms began, Kohl lost her mother when they were out on patrol. This completely wrecked her, as she is only 6 months old.
Extra: Wears a collar {Seen in picture}, skinny, shaggy fur, long legs, small paws.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:31:30 am by Tariri »

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:20 am »
Xachi clenched her teeth when the canine stuck his muzzle into her flank. "Will you stop that?" she muttered, glaring at him before shuffling away. When the African Painted dog asked her a question, the badger frowned, although she knew nobody could really see it. "Badger," she answered, deciding whether she should explain her kind. "You'll see me much better when we get into the light. Speaking of which, I suggest we should get back into the house." The sow muttered, shooting a glance at Grantaire, before at the African dog. "You can come if you want, but I will understand if you don't trust us. I know we just met, anyway." Xachi added, already making her way to the tunnel. Poking her head out of the hole, her optics scanned the area, before she hauled herself out and lumbered over to the porch.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:44 am »

Kohl layed in a pile of dry leaves, the churning water of the overflowing river slowly waking her up. "What the-" She was cut off as a wave of water and mud splashed over her, making her wiggle hopelessly. Her scrawny frame was getting pulled back by the large wave, long claws scraping the earth for something to hang on to. The pup was dragged into the riverbed as she hopelessly flailed her paws in the air. Soon, she got a grip on a bare branch, the tree it was on was growing really close to the river, thus making it easy for her to grasp it. She opened her jaws and snatched the soft branch, hind paws scraping the dirt in an attempt to get up and away from the river. The mud and water made it hard for her to climb up, so she was left dangling on the branch. "Herrrrrrrp!" She whined, her voice muffled by the branch. Hopefully, someone could get her to safety, and if not, she would drown.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2013, 11:43:09 am »
((Kohl is near the abandoned house, right?))

Xachi frowned, pausing to glance back as a soft sound caught her attention. "Did you two hear that?" she murmured, lowering her voice. But as she strained to hear, the sound did not call out again. Confused and curious, the badger didn't wait for a reply and leaped down from the porch and headed towards the river, certain that the voice had came from there. Halting near the bank of the river, she scanned the area around her, raising her head to sniff the area. A strong scent of canine flew into her snout, and a huff escaped her jaws. "Seriously? Another dog? How many canines are there in this world?" the sow muttered, glancing around. Her eyes widened when she spotted a figure clinging onto a tree branch, and she suspected that it was the one who called out.

"Grantaire! Painted dog! Come quick!" she called over to them. But when she remembered that they both probably couldn't swim, she muttered, "screw this", and dove into the water. Unpleasant memories flickered through her, but she pushed them away and hurried towards the canine, struggling to keep her snout over the water. When she reached the figure, she wasn't sure whether the canine was a pup or not, but there wasn't any time to think about it. Wondering how she could save this creature, the sow plotted something, ignoring the vicious waves as she tried to remember.

"Let go of the branch!" Xachi called to the canine. She decided to nuzzle the creature up whenever it started to sink in the water when they tried to reach shore.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2013, 11:51:02 am »

The small pups eyes widened as the Badger sow came paddling towards her. It's soft monochrome fur was matted in brown mucky water. At the badger's words, Kohl closed her dark hazel eyes and let go, paws slashing through the water. Her hind paws started to paddle, keeping her muzzle above water.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2013, 11:54:25 am »
When the canine let go of the branch, Xachi immediately rushed to the creature's side, although the water slowed her down, Keeping at her side, the badger grasped the scuff of the canine whenever she thought it was sinking. Otherwise, she gave it soft nudges to keep it over water as they paddled towards the shore. (merp. short)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2013, 11:58:23 am »

Kohl kept paddling until she reached the bank. Her long, unmannered claws grasped the dirt as she pulled herself up. She managed to sit down, head posed down as she kept coughing out mud and water. Her head gently turned around, pupils dilating as she panted and watched the sow climb out of the water with her. To her, badgers were nothing more than pup-stealers. They used to raid pups when they were playing, taking them and eating them for meal-time. She didn't say anything, but kept her gaze on the monochrome animal.