Author Topic: Odd Tags  (Read 5544 times)

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Tags
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 04:04:54 am »
SOrry for the double post, the edit button is being stupid.. -.-;

But, also, to add on to that: Racism would be something such as; Indians suck. Indians should die. Indians are stupid. Indians are dumb. Indians are ugly, and so on.

These roleplayers were not being racist.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 04:27:29 am »
Well, not everyone knows every Indian culture. It is not racist in any way, they are just roleplaying. It's not like they were saying rude things about Indians. Plus, maybe they weren't RPing a specific Indian group. Just.... indians. Random indians. It's not racist, it's just Rp.

That's like saying tags like "Cat" are racist, since there are more than one species of cat. .-. It isn't racist.

It's a stereotype.
Sure it was a just a roleplay, it was just mildly offensive in my opinion. Racism is more than just insults. It can be unintentional, very much like these stereotypes.

It's fine for you to have your own option and I will have mine. I don't really care if these role-players want to continue their roleplay. I personally found it not exactly rasist, just...I don't really know how to put it. Offensive? Possibly.
I just really dislike when people sterotype Indians (or anyone for that matter, but because my dad is native American and I am 1/2, sterotyping Indians tends to bother me quite a lot. Especially when wolfaboos do it...but that's a different story).

Offline WolvenEdge

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 05:57:20 am »
-tilts head- Beg pardon, but didn't you just say that stereotyping is a bad thing? Then you turn around and use a term like 'wolfaboo'? I get that they can rub your fur the wrong way, but then in the next breath giving worse treatment to one group of people in game, rather than treating all with an equal-opportunity callout, seems like doing the same thing. I admit that this is a bit off topic, and I do apologize for that. Shall we get back to what this thread was meant for now?

-perks ears- I saw a character tagged 'toilet'. Enough said.
"If my claws and teeth cannot keep my fur together, then maybe I don't deserve to have it."
--Trufflehunter the Badger, Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis

"Why is it that reality constantly ignores my imagination? It can't possibly like itself the way it is."
--Namah, Prelude webcomic (Dreamkeepers), Dave & Liz Lillie

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »
-tilts head- Beg pardon, but didn't you just say that stereotyping is a bad thing? Then you turn around and use a term like 'wolfaboo'? I get that they can rub your fur the wrong way, but then in the next breath giving worse treatment to one group of people in game, rather than treating all with an equal-opportunity callout, seems like doing the same thing.

Wolfaboo is an obsessive wolf fan who tells lies about wolves. Nothing more. Many people think wolfaboo means someone who simply likes wolves, but it does not. I was a wolfaboo once; I know what it's like to be one.

But anyways, yeah. This is way off topic.

Offline .:Moonstar:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:18 pm »
They were not 'stereotyping'. Roleplaying a random indian is not stereotyping. That's like saying roleplaying a cat is stereotyping becasue there are many different cats.

Playing as something tagged 'indian' is not stereotyping at all. Maybe they weren't a specific TYPE of indian. Just, a random indian. It does NOT make it a stereotype, or racist, or offensive. At least their tag wasn't: "M Black." or, "M Nigger." :I THAT would be offensive and racist.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:42 pm »
*Sigh* Alright, I think I started something here.
And if I did, sorry; I just never expected it to turn into this whole discussion -_- Now can we just go back to the main topic of this thread?

Went online earlier. Saw a red wolf named "F frost spirit".

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »
I once saw someone with the nametag "M TeenPunkWolf".

What is a PunkWolf?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »
Alphazai, isn't that... the N word? o_o Meh, never mind. I guess it's probably not a cuss or swear word.. o.e

Anyway, this was actually one of MY characters. XD

I forgot his name, but... his tag was "couch". Yes, I made a very random couch character. I just remembered that.
Does this count as an odd tag? XD

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 02:52:58 am »
No, Alphazai means Alpha in Varg. XD
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile