Author Topic: How do you stay motivated?  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Eckles

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How do you stay motivated?
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:18:38 am »
Accidentally posted this in the wrong board because I'm a silly floof.
I've been a long time Feral Heart/Impressive Title player. I've recently made this new account after about a 6 month hiatus thinking that maybe a fresh start back into the community will help me but it hasn't. There is nothing interesting about the game any more for me. Feral Heart has basically consumed my social life at home for the past few years and I want to keep playing but every time I login and join a pride I just want to stop. People will try and start something with me but all I can do is panic and disconnect and blame it on a connection error later.

I hate myself for doing this. I've tried so many things to get me into the mood to role play like mood music but they don't seem to do anything.

Any advice?

Thierry

Re: How do you stay motivated?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:33 am »
You look like you need a break from this game, but if you had 6 months away then i dont know, i have 2 years and half playing here and sometimes the game may get boring.
I felt the same as you once, i get online and i just want to hide or to log out, i cannot tell you what to do for sure on this situation.
Probably you have a fear of getting in a undesired situation you had before, or to get in the same kind of roleplay again, try to sit and to think why you feel panic and if you really want to continue playing right now.
I ended by creating another account and to log in to be with new people and i felt better.
Feral Heart and Impressive Title are so simple as games, they get boring easily if you dont roleplay or do something, so you may tryout some new games ;)

Offline iCandy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • What if the world got along?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:35:03 am »
Tell your school friends to come on! Maybe you can stay occupied with them?

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:11:58 am »
I would suggest trying something new. Whenever i fall into a lull similar to this one, if I join something /new/ it's usually better. After a year of warrior cat rps, joining a roleplay that relies on loners was incredible. Also, I would suggest something like that. Join a roleplay that revolves around loners or scattered individuals if you can. That way, you CAN just hide and not roleplay, or you can jump in whenever!

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:21:44 pm »
Yeah I would take what Theirry says and take a break from it. Its ok to take breaks from the game. Im on a break from the game right now, but I will come back ovcorse.
I suggest try playing other games so when you come back you are excited about being in it. Try games such as Mabinogi(my personal fave), some IP servers, or last resort (don't recommend) The Endless Forest
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »
^ Feareh Knows what shes talking about  =^.^= I have been taking beaks from in-game, and its been helping a bit too.

Don't you dare play the Endless Laggy Forest!!!  Its awful! ;-;

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 01:53:11 am »
Like a lot of people have said breaks work. I took a year break from this game and when I came back it was much better from me because of new people on the game and finding groups who don't always want drama in the roleplays. I wouldn't tell you to give up, but just go to another game or a roleplay site for a while then come back and maybe it will be better. Hope that helps. :)

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 07:34:25 am »
If nobody's on, I usually whisper randoms and ask aout their day, etc. Or join an RP for a little bit! c:

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline Eckles

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 12:11:46 pm »
Well, thanks everyone for your input. Maybe I'll go tryout some of the games that you've suggested to me. I think I've overwhelmed myself in trying to play the game even when I don't feel like it and making me hate dislike the game more.  :-\

Offline Wolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 01:02:49 am »
Took a 2 year break once, worked great :) I still RP often but ofcourse combined with other games to make sure I don't lose interest. There is no other like FH *cough* Try SMITE, you'll love it I promise