Author Topic: [.Ghosts of the West.] [Equine RP] [Open and Accepting]  (Read 17226 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
[.Ghosts of the West.] [Equine RP] [Open and Accepting]
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:13:10 am »
In the time long before the invention of vehicles other than the locomotive, mankind relies solely on the horse. In the working discovery of the Western part of the newly founded United States, resources were little, so man turned to the native wild horse herds that inhabited the plains they sought to settle. Many herds of these mustangs were rounded up in vast numbers for the use of man. Some to be broken in and serve in the mounted Calvary in the constant wars waged upon the Native peoples, others tamed and used for farming work or caravan movement.
The hammer is about to drop on one herd of wild equines, the hidden away Chimera Herd, who are the last large herd in remaining in the area. Because of their desolate location inside confusing canyons, the humans are unable to do a mass roundup, thus slowing their process. However, man is determined, and so horses from this herd are slowly beginning to disappear one by one as they are found by the land-hungry humans.

As a member of the Chimera Herd, capture is a very real and pressing possibility. You notice your herdmates beginning to vanish, and you know exactly why, even the lead stallion has fallen victim to the onslaught of man's needs for equine workers, leaving the herd helpless and directionless. Every day, the humans press farther into your land, and every day your small herd's numbers drop until there are very few left. Soon enough, there will be a lasso around your neck.
Will you fight for your freedom, or give in to the ways of this new man-run world?

With the determination of man ever present, you will most likely end up being captured, though you do have a choice in the matter. In this RP, you will have the choice of who you are captured by. The Cavalry Soldiers for military training, farmers seeking to expand their property, settlers who are in need of wagon pullers, or the Native Americans.
You can either eventually be tamed by the people for their uses, or you can put up a fight and launch a daring escape and obtain your freedom once again.]

Teehee, sorta based off of "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron"  Cause I've been obsessing over the soundtrack recently. Shhhhh.

Roleplay Rules
1. Realism is key. If the real life odds of your character escaping from their captivity with the humans is completely unlikely or impossible, don't post it. Stick to facts and details.

2. Know your limits. Simply know the physical limits of a horse when it comes to escape attempts, taming attempts, etc.

3. No one-liners, please. c:

4. No, you do not have to be captured. Though it would be more fun, juss' sayin'. c;

Format:
Name:
Breed:
Physical Appearance(Height, Color, Markings, Scars, etc):
Personality:
History(optional):
Family(optional):
Tamable?(Is your character willing to be/will they eventually be tamed?)
Extra:(Optional)

Current Events:
Current weather: Sunny with patchy clouds
Time of day: Mid-morning
Temperature: Mild, brisk.

In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
Re: [.Ghosts of the West.] [Equine RP] [Open and Accepting]
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:22:53 am »

Name: Renegade

Breed: Kiger Mustang

Physical Appearance: 15.4 Hands tall, buckskin in color, two white hind socks, white blaze, a few scars from bites scattered around his body.

Personality: Renegade is strong, caring, and devoted, recently taking the herd into his own leadership through inheritance after the capture of his father. He has a one track mind, and would give anything to defend himself or his fellow equines, even equines he has not met. He is selfless, non hesitant to sacrifice his physical safety or freedom to protect that of his herdmates. He has a bitter hatred towards humans, and would sooner die than give in to their wills.

History: Born into the herd, he was raised with the sole purpose of future leadership, father being the lead stallion.

Family: Judah(Father, former lead stallion of herd, recently captured, whereabouts unknown.), Night(Mother, captured during his yearling years, whereabouts unknown.)

Tamable?: No way. He will fight and fight hard to maintain or regain his freedom, unless he somehow has a change of heart moment.

Extra: Nopety nopety no.

sig by me

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:49:06 am »

Name: Renn

Breed: American Mustang

Physical Appearance: 13.2 Hands high, coat the color of chestnut, two white hind socks and one fore white sock, white blaze and some old scars around her legs caused by ropes.

Personality: To sum Renn up in one word, the word would be stubborn. If she has an opinion, she will stick with it, even if it is wrong. She is also very loyal, willing to die for the herd and even be captured by the humans if it meant for their safety. She is one that accepts bad  things in her stride, always looking on the bright side of things and rarely being negative. This mare has a small crush on Renegade, but she doesn't show it or make it obvious. Her strength at heart falters quite often, and she will often let fate lead her.

History(optional): Renn was born to the herd, and grew up with the herd. She was once caught by the humans alongside her mother when she was a foal, resulting in the rope scars on her legs. She escaped months after, her mother sacrificed herself to make sure that Renn could go free.

Family(optional): Mother, Raven, deceased. Father, Fall, recently captured, whereabouts unknown.

Tamable?: Renn often wonders what she would do if she ever was captured again. She would put up a fight for sure, but she is tamable and will probably get captured at some point.

Extra: Oh meh gerd, I lurve Spirit Stallion of the Camaron, I still have to watch it at least once a week xD

;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:34:46 am »
[[Hehe, accepted. Welcome! x3
sig by me

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 12:59:18 pm »

Name: Gin

Breed: American Mustang {Not confirmed}

Physical Appearance: 14.2hh, red tinted bay coat with a white facial markings and socks.

Personality: Since he's still maturing, Gin will obey and listen to commands with sky-high respect and will step back if someone tells him too. He loves to have fun, but his mother raised him to be as serious as he can- thus making him rather boring to other colts. He prefers mares, since he was bullied at a young age after running away from a couple of cowboys. Stallions frighten him, especially when they're loud.

History: He was born inside the herd, but quickly became an orphan as his mother was captured and his father left by his own will.

Family: N/A

Tamable?: Gin is deathly afraid of humans and will fight for his or someone else's life to not be captured.

Extra: Nuffin.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:01:00 pm by Tariri »

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »
((Das one smexy howrse. Accepted, of course. X3
sig by me

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »

Name: Misty
Breed: Appaloosa
Physical Appearance(Height, Color, Markings, Scars, etc): She stands at about 13.6 Hands. She has a white coat and black speckled markings on her body legs and head. Her mane is white with streaks of black and she has blue eyes.
Personality: She is a hot head but is normally kid and loves to meet new horses. She plays like she's still a foal and it makes her happy.
History(optional): Ask Her
Family(optional): Has none
Tamable?(Is your character willing to be/will they eventually be tamed?) Yes, she will eventually be tamed by native americans.
Extra:(Optional) Nothing

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »

Name: Cheyanne
Breed: American Mustang
Physical Appearance: Cheyanne stands at around 15hh being the average size, her body build is quite muscular and few scars cover her body from attacks and even a few fights shes gotten into in the past. Chay has long legs and a beautiful flowing mane and tail-her eyes are a beautiful dark brown. Her hooves are a brown/cream colour. Her markings are brown and white well known as 'Paint, on her head she has a star that is soon followed by a snip-although some mistake it for a blaze some how. Her mane and tail are a mix of white, brown, black and cream.
Personality: Cheyanne is a stubborn mare who doesn't give in easy, she puts up a good fight and will throw her weight around. Its hard for most to tell this mare what to do as she doesn't take to kindly to it, but there is a time when she will listen and when she feels its necessary. Many think she is a bitter and harsh horse but actually-she's pretty protective of the herd and would risk every limb for them. At times Chay can act like a foal and will prance around the fields and try and entertain those who are down, also always being there for them. If the herd is in trouble she's one who will lead the danger away from the herd, even if risking her life.
History: As a foal she lived in one of the larger herds of the west, a loyal herd that loved one another dearly. A life of freedom was what she expected-until the humans got their stupid ideas. Her herd was chased and hunted for use of the humans, her mother took her to a safe place that was close to one of the most hidden herds, leaving she retreated back to the herd to help but she never returned. Cheyanne now believes her parents are locked away. Along with her older brother Apache she not long discovered,,,
Family: Her mother Katori, her father Wanbli and her brother Apache.
Tamable?: Because of her protectiveness of the herd i would assume she is untameable and will be no use for those at a ranch or as a pet, more of a pest of the land. Although she may be caught by the humans they will never break her spirit.
Extra: Nothing extra.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »
[[Welcome, both of y'all are accepted, and we may now start! c:
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

Cheyanne
The brown paint mare woke as a bright light began to shine onto her eye lids, a snort flaring past her nostrils as she allowed her eyes to slowly peel open. With a brisk shake of her head Chey began to slwoly shuffle to her hooves, causing a small cloud of dust to form near her hooves-as they stomped down on the dusty terrain. Flicking her mixed colour tail that was soon followed with a flick of her mane she glanced around-her chocolate eyes focused on her surroundings. Yet another snort flaring past the Mustangs nostrils as she stomped her front left hoof against the ground nodding her head a little. Her optics examining the small amount of horses that seemed to surround her-seeing as nothings posed as a threat just yet Cheyanne dipped down her head and began to nipple at the large clump of grass that lay on the ground near her hooves.

((Not sure if we're already in the group or still apart?))
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.