Author Topic: |Abandoned|Open & Accepting|  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: |Abandoned|Open & Accepting|
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:00 am »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:10:29 am by TangledBowties »

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 02:19:07 am »
Lovely Character! Accepted! We may now start ^^)

Season: Fall, getting closer to Winter.
Date and time: Friday, November 25th; 6:30 a.m

Alix Marie Roberts
Alix walked down Skid Row, offering help to the elderly and giving them what food and money she had. This was her morning routine, checking on the oldies to make sure they had survived the night and if they did she fed them and tried to pay for their next meal. She can go days without eating but she knew the older folks needed the extra nourishment to keep their bodies going. As she finished her rounds she stopped at John, he was a veteran and had been sickly lately "John? Are you okay?" she asked before bending down and shaking his shoulder. She flipped him onto his back "John?!" soon the others came over to see what was happening. Alix looked at the cracked sidewalk and stood up "He's gone.." she whispered as some of the others went off the call 911. She backed away from his body and stood a few feet away from the slowly growing crowd. A cold breeze rushed past her, making her shiver, she zipped up her torn black jacket all the way up and put up her hood. Everyone here was family, whenever one was lost it affected the whole homeless community. She knew there would be a memorial service tomorrow night, if they could get a hold of candles they will light candles and placed them on his cardboard bed. She felt a hot tear slid down her cheek, she knew many others would die during the harsh winter months, nothing could prepare her for that.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 02:52:00 am »

Toby Clement

Rubbing his hands over his forearms roughly, Toby tried to get the chill out of his body, huddling in on himself as he made his way down the street. He hated the colder weather and his skinnier body couldn't handle it at times. By the looks of it, he wasn't the only one who wasn't faring well. His attention was drawn on Alix and with his head bowed, he shuffled over to her. Looks like they lost another one. Breathing into his hands, he looked over to her. A sudden yawn came from him and he quickly turned away, hands blocking his mouth in an attempt to not be rude. He had been awake for the past 2 hours, so since 4 to now the younger member of the street family wasn't all there.

"Ya gonna be okay there Ali?" He asked, turning back to her once more. Normally, he harsh temper would cause him to be a jerk to her, but at the moment she was mourning. Toby had some self control. "It is just one less man ta feed," Or not. He dug into his pocket, pulling out a few singles he had stolen from someone the night before. They were held out for her. He could fend for himself,

(Thanks!)

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 06:55:54 am »

Alix Marie Roberts
Alix looked towards a familiar voice, Toby "Yeah, I'm fine.." she wiped the trickle of tears off of her face "It's just sad losing one of us." He watched as a squad car and an ambulance drove up and shoved everyone away "Please step back!" Alix took a few steps back and watched as they inspected John's body then confirming he was indeed deceased. Then wrap his body in a black body bag and loaded it into the ambulance. Alix hugged her boy, she had faced death many times before but it still took a toll on her every time. when Toby mentioned one less person to feed it made her mad but deep down she knew he was right. "Yeah, he is in a way better place now." she always tried to look on the good side of things like this, sometimes it helped and sometimes it didn't. When Toby offered her the little he had she shook her head "No, it's fine." she gently pushed his hand back to him with a soft smile on her face. She tucked her hands into her coat pockets and slowly turned and walked away.

Alix went into her tent to grab her gray scarf before she went out to try and get food. She waved to some of people in the community then walked down the cracked street. Many people were already out and bout, some going to work while others were going on their morning walk. Many eyed her nervously, obviously worried about her taking their wallets and running off with the money and credit cards. Alix ignored their stares and sat on the sidewalk that usually got somewhat a lot of good hearted people and she could make a few bucks. During the colder seasons most people showed sympathy to the homeless and sometimes gave them more than just a dollar. she leaned against the old brick building and watched as people came by, sometimes dropping a few cents into her can and others just stared and kept walking. She would have to leave soon because the police would start driving up and down the streets to kick the homeless off of their posts.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 02:02:27 pm »

"I can never turn away from people who need me."
|Name|
Evelyn Hernandez
|Alias|
Edelweiss
|Age|
|Gender|
Female
|Personality|
?Friendly
?Nice
?Clever
?Clumsy
?Insecure
?Softie
?Generous
?Frightened at times
|History|
After their parents were killed in a car accident,Evelyn and her sister were left alone to survive on the streets.Althought she was the oldest,the sudden turn of events caused her to go in a state of shock,leaving Liz to become the head of their family and to assure they had what they needed.Only after six years,Evelyn got used to the miserable life they have to live now,but she's still troubled by the fact that all this time,she's been a burden to her sister,and wants to prove her she can live on her own.
|Boyfriend/Girlfriend|
-None-
|Crush|
Alex Blade Thorn(if that's ok)
|How long have you lived on the streets?|
Six years
|Extra|
None

Elizabeth Juliette Hernandez

Elizabeth was running down an alley,the yelling of cops from behind reaching her ears.All this pursue for two loaves of bread she has stolen from a shop.Liz had currently no money and she couldn't wait to get some when back in Skid Row,there were people starving.But she didn't need to worry,since she was a lot faster than those cops and besides,after six years homeless,she has learned a good part of the whole city and knows many shortcuts.They will lose her in no time.She swiftly climbed over a fence and hid among the ruins of a demolished house.There she stood,holding the stolen bread tightly at her chest.Panting,Liz glanced outside her hideout.No more cops,it seemed the chase was over.The girl began walking casually,now that Skid Row was close to her current location,but she still kept a low profile.Once there,Liz gave the bread so it can be shared among the others,sparing one piece for herself,because all the running made her hungry.She took a sit at the corner of a building,taking a bite from her food.She couldn't help but notice some people were mourning.It was clear that someone died.Winter was coming,again,and few people will survive the cold.Especially the elderly."Who passed away?"she asked a woman who was sitting next to her."It was John.He was already too sick to be helped."she said,a small tear sliding down her cheek."May he rest in peace..."Liz spoke,silently.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:37:16 pm by Fantasyna »

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 10:39:15 pm »

Toby Clement

He put the money back into his pocket with a dejected look, huffing as he did so. The younger male turned around on the heels of his feet, pulling his jacket closer around him as he headed down the opposite way Alix had gone. Maybe he could find out where Liz was and bother her. His boredom would lead to bigger problems, seeing as arson was something he tended to do. How could you not though? Fire was quite the interesting thing. He gave a slight skip before heading down the street, trying to find the blonde as well as get something to eat.

He dug out a lighter from his pocket, switching it open to flick the wheel and let the small flame surge up, sending the odor of its fluid into the air. At least it was warming his hands. The lighter was something he pulled from a man's pocket, decorated nicely and quickly forgotten about. If anything, Toby could sell it later for a few bucks. He turned a corner to early and went straight into the alley.
"Well there you are! I was lookin' for ya,"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:55:34 pm by TangledBowties »

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:16 am »

Elizabeth Juliette Hernandez

Liz looked up at the hearing of a familiar voice.It was Toby,or Dodger,by his nickname.For her,it was obvious he was here to bother her,since all these years in Skid Row,everyone got to know each other better."Bored,huh?"she asked,looking back at her bread."Let's make this quick,what is it you want?".She thought about giving the rest of her food to him,considering Liz didn't eat much.Hey,asking at least wouldn't hurt."Care to finish this bread for me,or you're not hungry?After all,I doubt you'll see some food again soon."she spoke,looking back at Toby.
         Liz stood up from the stairs,looking down the alley.I wonder what Evelyn is doing now"she thought.Now that winter was coming,both Elizabeth and Evelyn had to endure the harsh cold again.She already wished for spring to come as quickly as possible.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 07:55:46 am »
Oh! Evelyn is accepted ^^ Sorry, I didn't see it)

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Astasia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Today I will be my own Superhero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:53 am »
*Deleted
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:38:10 pm by ~Cheshire~ »

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »
(Sorry I haven't posted. I was waiting for Cheshire to be accepted so she can post. And then I would have posted.)