Author Topic: Presets not showing up to other players?  (Read 3430 times)

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Presets not showing up to other players?
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:16 am »
I'm playing on a private map with my sister. She sent me a screenshot through Gmail, and turns out, my character looks like the default preset. (The reddish-brown lion.) I had no idea until now.

I also can't see other textures besides for the default African grass, but it's because my computer is so old.

What do I do? Is there any way to fix the preset visibility, or do I just need a new computer?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Presets not showing up to other players?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:50:53 am »
Other players cannot see your preset unless you send them a download for i in which they can put in their presets folder or if theyy have the PresetSync(Look here for information ^^

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 05:08:20 am »
That doesn't really make any sense--I can see other people's custom made presets perfectly fine without downloading them...

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:44:14 am »
That doesn't really make any sense--I can see other people's custom made presets perfectly fine without downloading them...
At some point you must have downloaded someone's preset and forgot about it. Cause really you cant see a persons preset unless you have there preset fhp file in your "Preset" folder or "Private Preset" folder for Sync users. Other presets that can be obtained and you perhaps forgot if you downloaded event folders with maps and presets. But here is a way to fix your preset problem.

Are you rendering it in the right username?

Like for example on my first account the actual username is YouShallFearMe. Notice the capital letters in there. Well sometimes I type in Youshallfearme to log in and it works find for logging in, but when rendering presets it is actually incorrect and dosn't show for the account. So make sure that you are typing in the right username that you actually registered with.

Also are you sure you are placing your presets in the Feral Heart Folder>Preset? Cause that is the place where preset can be viewed.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:28 pm »
That's just the thing. I don't use Sync. I can see other people's presets just fine.

I'm very sure my presets are in the right folder.

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »
Oh, and I'm typing my username right. I'm sort of a stickler when it comes to capitalizing stuff, so yes, I type it correctly.

Hmm. I'll try a few things, and get back here and see if they work. As I mentioned earlier, my computer is incredibly old. Sometimes it deletes work and stuff, or undos something. I'll scrounge around the FH folder and see if everything's still in the right place

EDIT: I still don't understand how I can see other people's presets. It's so weird. (I can tell they're personalized presets because of the markings and such.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:08:52 pm by Lydia »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:06 pm »
EDIT: I still don't understand how I can see other people's presets. It's so weird. (I can tell they're personalized presets because of the markings and such.)
Are you sure its not mass masking you are seeing and not preset? Try to look in your Feral Heart folder and go into your preset folder. Do you see any presets? if so then you can see only thous few presets in there. Other custom presets that other people have will not be seen unless they have your fhp file.

No fhp file, no preset.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »
Are you sure its not mass masking you are seeing and not preset? Try to look in your Feral Heart folder and go into your preset folder. Do you see any presets? if so then you can see only thous few presets in there. Other custom presets that other people have will not be seen unless they have your fhp file.

No fhp file, no preset.

No. I'm sure. I saw one of the presets on DA free for download at the Cape. No, I didn't download it. Another player was wearing it.

Offline InvaderUgli

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 08:06:57 pm »
Alright, here's some more information.

1: My presets are in the correct folder.

2: Yes, I am seeing other people's presets. Not just mass markings.

3: I'm afraid to download PresetSync. My computer is already old enough, and gets overloaded from just playing Minecraft. It seems too much of a hassle to download something that probably won't even work.

4: No, I have never downloaded anybody's preset.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 08:07:55 pm »

No fhp file, no preset.

No. I'm sure. I saw one of the presets on DA free for download at the Cape. No, I didn't download it. Another player was wearing it.

Do you know the person who was wearing these preset?

It's not possible to see presets without the .fph file or Preset Sync.

Could you post a screenshot of what these presets looked like?

This is very strange indeed.