Poll

Do you think, mate center's, mate beggar's, powerplayer's, and "TLK roleplayer's ect. should be a crime?

Yes!
Might be a yes..
I don't know..
Might be a no..
No!

Author Topic: Do you think..?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline DeadlyWolfQueen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am but a piece of a much larger puzzle.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think..?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 05:40:12 am »
I am going to have to say no on this one.
though I really don't 'like' mate-beggers, matecenters, powerplayers, ect. I really don't beleive thatwe have any more right to be walking the maps then they do, its a free game. If they annoy you in anyway just ignore or use that all powerful block button to rid yourself of them.
Making it a crime though? Well, sorry but what you say is a bit offensive when you take it on that way. It would get rid of a lot of the people within Feral-Heart and heck, I have an adoption center to blame for my obsession with roleplaying.
Another few reasons on why I disagree with you is that we all started out someplace. I remember when I was an illiterate noob. Heck, I was the worst type of God-modder if anyone remembers The Goddess of Chaos, who was my first character on Feral heart(whom I have changed to  be Discordia) and I remember mate begging. I remember powerplaying. I remember cursing people out because they disrespected rights. Though now, if you talk to those I consider my greatest of friends, I bet that I am pretty freaking literate in both the Wolfspeak world and the regular book roleplay world. So, who knows. One day they could become some of the best roleplayers out there.
Again, no, I actually appreciate them being there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:42:02 am by Desdaemona »

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 11:01:15 am »
No.

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »
Making it a crime? No. Because,this a creative free game..and people should express themselves.. In there odd ways.. .3. But I don't think they are bad at all in anyway shape or form. Truthfully I think those types of players bring the community together, because Look on the forum! There is a ton of discussions about these players. Negative and positive opinions. For me, No I simply don't mind them, yes they can get annoying and such but everyone can be annoying at times.~

.:.Rava.:.

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 02:09:05 pm »
We all can get annoyed or irritated with others, but then again we're all different and like different things.

If we'd make this a "crime" then should we make a "crime" with other RP's people don't like?
What you need to learn to do, is to accept that what you dislike other might actually enjoy and as much right you have to dislike it they also have the right to like it.
So when you get bothered, ignore them, go to another map, block them, whatever it is you need to do to get it to not bother you.

But these actions wont be looked upon as a rule-breaking or anything like that.

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »
Well said Shallow~ -claps-

.:.Rava.:.

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 04:53:02 pm »
Saying that the powerplayers, mate-beggers, mate centers, and TLK roleplayers should be a crime and outlawed on FH would really take away some of the fun and go against the true purpose of Feral Heart entirely.

While powerplayers, mate beggers, and mate centers can be annoying sometimes, the best thing we can do is just block them. There's a reason why we have the nifty block button tool. If you have it, use it. Whenever a mate center is filling up the chat with CAPS SPAM LIKE THIS, I just block them temporarily. Same thing with powerplayers who aren't really playing fair and doing insta-kill moves on your character.
As far as the Lion King roleplaying goes, why consider that a crime? It's just roleplay. More than likely it's kids who are big fans of the movie acting out as their favorite characters. There's nothing wrong with a little innocent child's play. But if they bother you in any way, just ignore them. Simple as that. I know that some of them like to start some drama over who was playing Simba first. But if you're not involved in that fight, it's best to stay out of it and ignore it.

Mate-beggers. If FH were to make it a crime to go around searching for a mate, it might as well be WolfQuest. In WolfQuest it's a strict rule to ask for/have a mate in the multiplayer game. Having or asking for a mate would get you banned from the site, even if the mate relationship was just for the sake of roleplaying. To me that just makes roleplay difficult, even if you and the person you are roleplaying with are not romatically involved. I mean, I understand why they would make that kind of rule on WolfQuest, since the majority of people using that game are kids younger than 13. But this is Feral Heart we're talking about. It's perfectly fine to ask for/have a mate. But if you find it to be a problem of someone constantly asking you to be their mate, even after you politely said "no", just block them.

That's my bit of opinion there.

This, put simply.

It's a very solid No on this, since, as Lady, Eclipse, and several others have stated, these behaviors are, at heart, innocent. Mate centers are there to help users make friends and initiate RP with someone who likes their character (ideally, though we've all heard the horror stories of different situations). Just as well, they have collectively gotten less caps lock-y as of late, but they can be blocked if you don't wish to see them. So long as they're not breaking rules, being rude, or spamming the chats like
s
D
S
D
DA
F
AADD
S
A
DD
^Like this, then they're within game rules. It's okay!
I think it's mainly public/overall perceptions of these that tend to demonize mate centers in general. It's easy to say "Ewww, mate centers/beggars!" when all they asked was a simple question. Needless hate, because it is widely accepted.

I did stray off into the topic of mate beggars, there, but it's the same idea. If they pester you after you say no to their request, block them. If they get rude or try to break your block, report them. Simple as this. Though, someone simply asking in general for a mate is no good reason to label and hate on them. (Life lessons).

Power players are often less experienced RPers, and sometimes we can all be subject to the "Oh, my char is so bawz!!" It can be quite annoying, but it takes time to learn what is powerplay, and what is acceptable in a properly-played RP fight (using fights as examples, but there can be more). Try to reason with these users politely if you wish to help teach them what is/isn't powerplay. But if they persist?
Block buttons.
If they get rude? Report.
Same procedure, so long as you yourself remain polite.

But it's not rule-breaking.

TLK roleplayers are innocent as any RPer. They do tend to have very silly or sometimes absurd storylines that pop up, and are easily seen the moment you step into Bonfire, but in general there is nothing wrong with playing out your favorite movie characters. It's roleplay--what FH is for, no matter your skill level.

So, nu. None of these deserve to be "outlawed" at all. They may have some social flaws we have to deal with, and tend to be a common occurrence, but we would end up hurting and confusing more people than helping if we were to start handing out reprimands for it. Not efficient, nor reasonable in my eyes.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||