Author Topic: Item tutorial needed  (Read 1584 times)

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
Item tutorial needed
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:35:37 am »
Hurrr hur hur huurr, I'm probably going to feel really bad  once I post this. xD
Mai problem: Well.. It's not really a problem ouo. I have an object that I have made in Blender, but I don't know how to convert it into a mesh so I can use it as an item. Items like.. The spiked collars or sunglasses. Could somebody explain how to do this or link me to a tutorial? Ty u.u

Wait, should this go in the "Modding and Meshing" board? If so, mods please move!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:26:02 am by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

AlphaEclipse

Re: Item tutorial needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:49:32 am »
Do you use Blender 2.49? If not, I'm afraid you might need to uninstall Blender and look here:
(Blender 2.49 is compatible with the converting tools, and without it, you cannot convert the objects.)

Quote from: Ruby1234/xRubyx
I. - Required Downloads & Installation
-If you have newer versions of any of these, move/delete them, they won't work. You MUST have the exact downloads below.
**If you do not have a program that can open .rar files, you'll need 7-Zip.

Python
Blender

Download and install Python and Blender first.

Secondly, you'll need these scripts for Blender.

Exporter
Script Bundle

Once you have the scripts downloaded, you'll need to EXTRACT the contents, and copy them to the scripts folder, located in
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
OR
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Conclusively, you'll need the

Old OgreCommandLineTools.
Pass: ITOCLT

Once you have downloaded the .rar, extract it directly to your C: drive. Don't worry, there is a folder inside the rar, so extracting it directly won't cause the contents to spill all over your C: drive.

^ Everything I use, and it works pretty darn good for me.
Now, once you got all that jazz.
In Blender you go to File->Import
find your Object Files, make sure Smooth Groups is selected, and import it,
then you make sure what you want to export as a mesh is selected (selecting in blender is right click)
Then Export->OGRE Meshes
and export it to wherever, preferably into your OgreCommandLineTools folder, then drag & drop the .mesh.xml onto the OgreXMLConverter.exe and it will spit out a .mesh.
It's a very complex process if you don't find that plugin (if it exists) for Sculptris.
Such is the way of making/editing a game I guess.
-
I suppose I could have explained better, but I didn't in case you didn't want to go through all this Blender jazz.

( NOTE that you have to go into ALL the scripts folders and export them EACH to the scripts folder in Blender's files. )

Here's a good item tutorial: Click Me!
Here's how to place an item onto the actual model: Click Me!

Making items can be very difficult is you're a beginner.

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:22:30 am »
While I was reading this = O-O
So many programs...  Sadly, I have Blender 2.64 :/. If I do uninstall it and re-install 2.49, will I be able to take the object that I created and put it into the older version? If not.. Just.. ~No comment~
But still... Six installations? At this point, I think that I'll just wait until a version of Blender comes out that's able to convert meshes....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:36:23 am by IcyFrost »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:11 am »
While I was reading this = O-O
So many programs...  Sadly, I have Blender 2.64 :/. If I do uninstall it and re-install 2.49, will I be able to take the object that I created and put it into the older version? If not.. Just.. ~No comment~
But still... Six installations? At this point, I think that I'll just wait until a version of Blender comes out that's able to convert meshes....

Yerrrp, just import it as .obj or whatever is available in Blender.
Then, uninstall Blender and import your item and then do everything mah quote says. Believe me, it's a process. xD

And don't worry, there's absolutely nooo viruses in those downloads. I know it's a lot of things, but they are needed for the exporting and whatnot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:27:34 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:46:12 am »
Just looked at blender.org, clicked on the downloads tab, clicked on older versions, but the 64-bit version isn't available for 2.49..?
Also, in the second quote, it looks like the person only uses the OgreCommandLineTools along with the Exporter and 7-Zip. Do all of the files work together somehow? xD
Last thing, would WinRAR work? It came pre-installed with my computer ouo

Thank chu for your help already Alpha :)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:03:44 pm »
Just looked at blender.org, clicked on the downloads tab, clicked on older versions, but the 64-bit version isn't available for 2.49..?
Also, in the second quote, it looks like the person only uses the OgreCommandLineTools along with the Exporter and 7-Zip. Do all of the files work together somehow? xD
Last thing, would WinRAR work? It came pre-installed with my computer ouo

Thank chu for your help already Alpha :)

Are you sure you didn't see the download? Don't get the .exe, but the rar or zip. Also, the command tools don't go into the Blender folder they go in there own folder in the C drive.  And yus, Winrar should work. :)
No problem! It took me a bit to actually get everything installed, but it does work!

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
No, I didn't see a download for 64-bit, only 32-bit. I could try to download the 32-bit, but it might not work ouo
Also, ty ~Again xD~ for verification on where the files go.

I'll check the site for the 32-bit download later ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:43:11 pm by IcyFrost »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »
No, I didn't see a download for 64-bit, only 32-bit. I could try to download the 32-bit, but it might not work ouo
Also, ty ~Again xD~ for verification on where the files go. ;)

Hmm, I Don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, but I'm not sure. o3o
And again, no problem! xD You can PM me if you need to know where a file goes if needed. :)